Pleban Girls Party - Sunday night music club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, there are some really cool people on other parts of the forum! It's like a microcosm of life - some you'll like and agree with, others you won't. I wouldn't have even addressed him (I tend not to even read his posts, cause IMO, he's full of crap), but he addressed one of my posts. I even let that go, till I saw him basically do the same thing to someone else.

In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal. :shrug: I just hate to see a lack of sensitivity toward people who are brave enough to share their feelings. It's not easy to open up, and knowing that they could be treated like that could discourage others from doing so. And, in all fairness, I wasn't nasty at all to him.

Hello, Plebans.

I had a terrible day today. Let's just say work sucks. :madspit:

:(

So please, entertain me. Tell jokes, post hot photos of Bono, discuss the band, do something, anything to cheer me up until 24 comes on at 9 p.m. and I can watch Jack Bauer shoot people.

BonoAdam2.jpg

Joanne :hug: I've had a similar day. But I refuse to let life get me down. A wise woman said to me this morning....Life is what you make of it... show it whose boss! And don't let things get to you. :heart:

AllU21123.jpg

:love:

Joanne, Russty, sorry you two had lousy days. :( :hug:

Shit, I've gotta run over to my mom's for a few minutes.

I know! How about I tell everyone I'm going on vacation, then I'll unplug my phone and not answer the door, and just stay home! :happy:

:|

Russty :hug:

Yeah, I read your thread about the deal on the church falling through. Bummer. But the converted hospital sounds pretty cool. You'll build that commune for us yet!

Did I mention I now wish I'd changed jobs and companies last summer and fall when I first earned my degree? No? Because, without going into details (and looking like this :sad: yet again today) I really do now. :(

Hi SG! :hug:

VP How about we really go on a vacation together and don't tell anyone where we've gone. I hear there's this place called Dublen or Dublaine? Something like that, that is supposed to be very nice. :shrug: :wink:

VintagePunk said:
Joanne, Russty, sorry you two had lousy days. :( :hug:

Shit, I've gotta run over to my mom's for a few minutes.

I know! How about I tell everyone I'm going on vacation, then I'll unplug my phone and not answer the door, and just stay home! :happy:

:|

I did that about a month ago -- took vacation days, stayed home, did next to nothing. It sorta worked for me.

In fact, I'm considering telling people I'll be out of town when I have President's Day off two weeks from now ... :wink:

What am I saying? I have some money ... I even have a passport! I really could go out of town for Presidents Day weekend! Where should I go? :hmm:

Last edited:
jobob said:
Russty :hug:

Yeah, I read your thread about the deal on the church falling through. Bummer. But the converted hospital sounds pretty cool. You'll build that commune for us yet!

Did I mention I now wish I'd changed jobs and companies last summer and fall when I first earned my degree? No? Because, without going into details (and looking like this :sad: yet again today) I really do now. :(

:hug: I wish things were better for you. I know how hard it can be when work sucks and you can't do much about it. :heart: I wish I could kick someone in the shin for you.

It does suck that the church fell thru, but I'm walking on faith that there was a reason for it. I'm oddly okay with things this afternoon. God has a plan for us and I may not know what it is, but I do know that we are selling this house and getting the heck out of here. Beyond that I'm just going with the flow and taking it as an adventure. It won't be the first time we've done this.

The good news that I got from our broker today was that Mr. Cat could go ahead and quit his job and go to Oregon. Though I will miss his stinky bum I think he will be happy that he can finally tell his boss that he is done working for him. So hopefully in about 3 weeks or so Mr. Cat will be an Oregon resident. And heck if the house sells before then the girls and I can go with him.

Sad_Girl said:
Russty :hug: Your deal for the Church/house fell through? :sad: :hug:

Our broker called this morning and said that we were denyed on the loan. We can get a loan, but they don't want to loan on the building, cuz its to high a risk. With the way I've been feeling lately I'm wondering if maybe this is Gods way of gently saying that it would have been to much for me to handle. And I'm okay with that.

So rather then freaking out I'm just moving forward and hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to go up and look for another house for us. I have five so far that I want to check out. Two are really big and might be just as great as the church.

Russty :hug: you've already said everything I would have thought to say to you :lol:

I am so glad to hear that you're rolling with the situation as it comes at you rather than letting it get you down :hug:

My day was pretty boring. Jeffy's mom had a snow day, so he didn't come over. I slept a lot :lol:

I did get good news; my student loan consolidation went through, which is something I'd been stressing out over a bit. :up:

:wave: :hug:

I can't stay around much tonight. I have a job interview at 7:15 am, then have to go into Manhattan for the freelance work. I REALLY don't want to go into the city tomorrow, but the way my week is shaping up I don't think I can avoid it.

Jo, I'm sorry work is a pain. :hug:

:crazy:

SG! :hug: Glad things worked out for your student loan, that can be a huge worry, I know.

Russty, I'm so sorry about the house!! :( :hug: I hadn't seen the other thread (I rarely ever look there :reject: ). As usual, you have a great attitude, though. I'm sure that something wonderful is waiting around the corner for you. :hyper:

Sad_Girl said:
My day was pretty boring. Jeffy's mom had a snow day, so he didn't come over. I slept a lot :lol:

I did get good news; my student loan consolidation went through, which is something I'd been stressing out over a bit. :up:

Woohoo on the student loan consilidation! :dance: :rock: I'm so glad that went thru. Anything to take some stress off. :heart:

I am reading your mind now. :wink: I figure I'll save the falling apart for later when its really worth it. :lol: I figure heck there are lots of houses there, he still has a job to go to, we just need to concentrate on selling this place. Then we can do whatever we want. :yes: Besides in my warped mind its kind of fun not having a flippin clue where we will be in a few months. :giggle: Its getting warm enough soon we could camp for a while till we found a house. :wink:

Hi Diane :hug: You didn't break it. It just took a breather for a minute. :wink:

VP I'm sure your right that we will find something good. But I'm not showing you guys pictures of any more house. :no: I"m not screwing it up this time. Me and my bragging. :wink: :lol:

Russty Cat said:
Hi Diane :hug: You didn't break it. It just took a breather for a minute. :wink:

VP I'm sure your right that we will find something good. But I'm not showing you guys pictures of any more house. :no: I"m not screwing it up this time. Me and my bragging. :wink: :lol:

I'm sure you looked into this already - but what about BlRm's suggestion about the different kind of insurance policy?

I want you to have that confessional bathroom, dammit! :madwife: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom