Pleban Girls Party - Summer Lovin'!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
~BrightestStar~ said:
Is it shiney? :happy:

:drool:

New computers are always exciting :love:

:yes: I love my new computer! :heart: I've had it a month, and honestly it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Oh yeah, Hi everyone!! :hug: :lol:

Just watching Bad from Rattle & Hum. :combust: :faint: :drool:

Pleba girls! :heart:
Just here for a few minutes--I took a sleeping pill and I'm going to be semi-sonscious in fifteen minutes. how's everyone??/

:crack:

Sad_Girl said:
Ruff! :hug: :hug: It's good to see you! :heart:

I'm doing pretty good, how are you?

SG!!! it's been ages! :hug:

(i just noticed i spelled "here" "hear" :reject: I'm blaming it on jetlag ).

new computer? ooohhh exciting!!!

:wave: hi to everyone else (thora, russty), too!

yep, 1/2 an ambien is all it takes for me. i've had a helluva time getting on a regular sleep schedule since i got back....

Bri, where the heck are ya??? :madwife:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Ruff! :hyper::heart:
I was just thinking about you today. How are ya?

ha! i intimidated you into re-appearing :wink:

i'm good. settling into the routine here, trying to find a way to get back to dublin in the next couple months. i'm a hopeless addict...and seeing Jem and Wild there was great.

We need an entire thread party there! :dance: :dance:

Hi Drea! :hug:

I never have a regular sleep schedule so I live for the occasional drug induced marathon 12 hour sleeps. :giggle:

Did you have a good trip? :hyper:

And just cuz I haven't shouted it to anyone today....14 days till my vacation! W00t! :dance: :rockon: :laugh:

Sad_Girl said:
Yeah - I wasn't too happy with the circumstances (my old computer crapped out :madwife) but all's well that ends well :D

oh no, did you lose everything on the hard drive? (haha i was going to type HD but those initials just don't mean the same thing they used to. you girls have corrupted me!)

ruffian said:

ha! i intimidated you into re-appearing :wink:

I just couldn't resist your sweet siren song...:flirt:

i'm good. settling into the routine here, trying to find a way to get back to dublin in the next couple months. i'm a hopeless addict...and seeing Jem and Wild there was great.

We need an entire thread party there! :dance: :dance:

You've been jumping amongst a ton of timezones..sleeping must be crazy :crack:
You had an amazing time I assume? :drool:

Leave more room in your suitcase next time! :angry: I wanted to sneak along but there was no room...:sad:

:p

Russty Cat said:
I never have a regular sleep schedule so I live for the occasional drug induced marathon 12 hour sleeps. :giggle:

Did you have a good trip? :hyper:

And just cuz I haven't shouted it to anyone today....14 days till my vacation! W00t! :dance: :rockon: :laugh:

vacation... :drool: any special plans?

my trip was a blast--went to ireland, italy, denmark, then back to ireland. the seminar on the peace process in ireland was really fascinating and i learned a ton about the history of politics there and current issues. the Bloody Sunday museum was amazing, and we interviewed a woman who's brother was killed at that march. It was very sad, but illuminating.

We corrupted You? :ohmy: :eyebrow: :wink: :lol:

I had enough warning signs that I managed to back up most of the stuff I was worried about before it went completely. It's still a pain - downloading and installing everything, using CD-rs to get all of that info onto the new computer, etc...

But hopefully my obsessive compulsive need to back things up will pay off :wink:

ruffian said:

my trip was a blast--went to ireland, italy, denmark, then back to ireland. the seminar on the peace process in ireland was really fascinating and i learned a ton about the history of politics there and current issues. the Bloody Sunday museum was amazing, and we interviewed a woman who's brother was killed at that march. It was very sad, but illuminating.

It sounds wonderful! Sometime when you're not as tired I'd love to chat with you about that. I lived in Ireland and did my minor in Sociology - especially dealing with the peace process. It's pretty incredible.

Sad_Girl said:
We corrupted You? :ohmy: :eyebrow: :wink: :lol:

I had enough warning signs that I managed to back up most of the stuff I was worried about before it went completely. It's still a pain - downloading and installing everything, using CD-rs to get all of that info onto the new computer, etc...

But hopefully my obsessive compulsive need to back things up will pay off :wink:

oh, i'm so glad you didn't lose everything :up: i bought an external HD (tee hee) because i lost tons of stuff last time my computer crashed i lost a ton of important data.

but do i back it up religiously? :no:

:reject:

*vows to back up everything tomorrow, for real!*

ThoraSEB said:

It sounds wonderful! Sometime when you're not as tired I'd love to chat with you about that. I lived in Ireland and did my minor in Sociology - especially dealing with the peace process. It's pretty incredible.

sure, i'd love to talk--i could probably learn a lot from you! we spent time at the Centre for Human Rights in Galway, and almost all of the professors we met with have degrees or teach in the area of Peace and Justice Studies. It's a hot area.

The shocking thing was to see how segregated cities in Northern Ireland still are. Derry, for example (where the Bloody Sunday killings occurred) still has completely segregated schools, neighborhoods, pubs, everything...despite there being peace for the last 6 years. I don't know that they will ever really come together.

ruffian said:

I'm having a lovely 4 day jaunt to Seattle. One of my girlfriends lives there and two others are coming in to join us. We are going to lunch and shop in Seattle the first day and then head to The Gorge in George, Washington to see the last two shows of the current Pearl Jam tour. We should have a fabulous time together. We always do. B says that the four of us together in a car is like bottling insanity and no one is safe. He was only with us in a car once and we have never lived it down. :laugh:

I would love to go to the Bloody Sunday museum one day. For a long time I didn't want to because I thought it would be too upsetting, but after I went to Auschwitz I figured I could handle anything. Your trip sounds fabulous. I love learning all about history and culture from the people who lived it.

~BrightestStar~ said:
I back up some of my more important things.....

Everytime someone around here has a computer crisis and makes me paranoid :uhoh:

yeah, when mine was crashing i had a few minutes to get some stuff backed up. it was like diving into the burning house to retrieve....

bono pictures! :wink:

and my dissertation...second to that.

Russty Cat said:

I'm having a lovely 4 day jaunt to Seattle. One of my girlfriends lives there and two others are coming in to join us. We are going to lunch and shop in Seattle the first day and then head to The Gorge in George, Washington to see the last two shows of the current Pearl Jam tour. We should have a fabulous time together. We always do. B says that the four of us together in a car is like bottling insanity and no one is safe. He was only with us in a car once and we have never lived it down. :laugh:

I would love to go to the Bloody Sunday museum one day. For a long time I didn't want to because I thought it would be too upsetting, but after I went to Auschwitz I figured I could handle anything. Your trip sounds fabulous. I love learning all about history and culture from the people who lived it.

oh, awesome!!! you are going to have such an amazing time, and I really hope I see PJ this time around (um, in Hawaii might be nice, with some other Irish boys I've been missing!). Their show in Dublin in August sold out super-fast, so I'm sure their tour is going to be amazing.

Did you read the newish Rolling Stone with them on the cover? it's a good interview. I can send ya mine if you don't have it...

ruffian said:
The shocking thing was to see how segregated cities in Northern Ireland still are. Derry, for example (where the Bloody Sunday killings occurred) still has completely segregated schools, neighborhoods, pubs, everything...despite there being peace for the last 6 years. I don't know that they will ever really come together.

:yes: I lived mainly in Belfast and did most of my work at Queens. We went to the Bloody Sunday inquiry, and saw so many other incredible things. The people we were able to meet with were so enlightening - everyone from former terrorists to the Prime Ministers. Crazy but awesome times!

ruffian said:

sure, i'd love to talk--i could probably learn a lot from you! we spent time at the Centre for Human Rights in Galway, and almost all of the professors we met with have degrees or teach in the area of Peace and Justice Studies. It's a hot area.

When I was in Germany 15 years ago I was amazed at how segregated it was still even though the wall was done. It almost becomes a way of life I think in a sense to be so segregated. Its hard to change after things being a certain way for so long.

Back
Top Bottom