Pleban Girls Party - Staring at the Sun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
extra :hug: VP

SAMI...........they: WCBS-AM Newsradio Mentioned THe Who album & tour .:giggle: it was just.unexpected that that would have gotten a mention, at least IMHO :wink:

AND since I've missed so much of the threads the past ?? 2 - 3 weeks:madspit: :madspit: ............

........Is there any very good :D..........or :uhoh: very bad news I should know about from our PGP crew ??

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:
extra :h ug: VP

SAMI...........they: WCBS-AM Newsradio Mentioned THe Who album & tour .:gig gle: it was just.unexpected that that would have gotten a mention, at least IMHO :wi nk:

AND since I've missed so much ofm the threads the past ?? 2 0- 3 weeks:ma dspit: :madspit: ............
........is there any very good :D..........or :uhoh: very bad news I should know about from our PGP crew ??

:lol:

I watched them LIVE from Hyde Park in England yesterday online. :drool: :drool: They were GREAT. I can't wait until they come here. :hyper:

VintagePunk said:
Hi Dazzled! :hug:

Bri, it could be an IE problem, but I've used it on this computer for over two years without a problem. I think computers just get too clogged with crap, and need the OS reinstalled from time to time...I'm praying that I can get through until my thesis is done, or till I can get an external hard drive to back up my stuff.

My pretty, pretty U2 songs and pictures *sniff* :sad:

Have you tried running a defrag or anything like that? That usualy helps clean things up a bit.
We've had this computer since... grade 10 I think, and this was the first time I've done any major updates too it (ie new OS).
You can probably save all your pretty pictures to a CD you know.....but the music..

:sad:

Dazz
No I haven't seen that! Maybe I'll go take a peek now. I've been computerless ( :sad: ) for a lil while cause it was in for repairs and such, so I've fallen behind on the goings on.

Btw, clone..did you see the most recent banning from a week ago or so?

VintagePunk said:
Looks like you had a good time, Sami! :happy:

:yes: :D

Just thought you guys can see where I've been spending my days. :wink:

My aunt was a little :drunk: today, and it was so funny. Every time a hot guy would walk past us she'd be like "OH MY!! HE WAS SO CUTE!!!" but she was so loud that they always heard. :lol:

dazzledbylight said:
^^^^^^^^^^

Cool!! :D sami..... what new songs? in the mix ?

I'm confused...what are you asking? :lol: They played a few new songs. Rachel and Pete actually sing one called In The Mix so I don't know if that's what you're asking or not!! :reject:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Have you tried running a defrag or anything like that? That usualy helps clean things up a bit.
We've had this computer since... grade 10 I think, and this was the first time I've done any major updates too it (ie new OS).
You can probably save all your pretty pictures to a CD you know.....but the music..

:sad:

Btw, clone..did you see the most recent banning from a week ago or so?

Yeah, I probably could put all my pics on a couple of disks. But the music...my cd burner works for data, but not for burning audio cds, for some reason. :huh: I need to get a new one of those, too. And my 50 gazillion school/thesis docs. :yikes:

I think I'm in denial about anything going wrong. :wink:

You mean the banned former member trying to use a new name? :shifty: If so, yes. :shifty:

sami0201 said:

:yes: :D

Just thought you guys can see where I've been spending my days. :wink:

My aunt was a little :drunk: today, and it was so funny. Every time a hot guy would walk past us she'd be like "OH MY!! HE WAS SO CUTE!!!" but she was so loud that they always heard. :lol:

Looking at cute boys on the beach, and then loudly announcing it :drool: :lmao:

VintagePunk said:

Looking at cute boys on the beach, and then loudly announcing it :drool: :lmao:

My best friend's twin brother is best friends with this boy who is a few years younger than us...anyway, this boy's older brother is 19 and the hottest person I've ever seen. :drool: :drool: (ok not really but he's really cute) And he goes to University of Miami!! How much more perfect can it be? :wink: I saw him yesterday (just walking by) and today my friend's brother wasn't there so I couldn't hang out with them. :grumpy: I know he was going out with the same girl for a looong time but I think they are broken up now, I need to find out though. He knows who I am and I know who he is (I'm always hanging with his brother since I'm always with my friend) but we've never actually had a real conversation or hung out or anything. Must hang out at their cabana tomorrow. :lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:ohmy:

What do they do?

I mean, what have you heard they do? :p

The update connection can tell that you're using an unregistered copy, and they can completely fuck up your system. They do something so that your OS won't work anymore, and you basically have to take your computer in (or do it yourself if you have the know-how and a copy of the OS), clean EVERYTHING off of it, and then reinstall the OS start from scratch. :|

The reason I know this? The tech we used to use, I took my old computer to him, as well as Sarah's computer. On both computers, we were running Win 98...then once, out of the blue, he said "Oh, I installed XP, it's a better OS, blah-blah..." He neglected to tell us to turn off the updates, though, so several times a year, our computers would just stop working. Poor Sarah was at the point where she didn't even bother reinstalling stuff on hers, she hardly had anything on it, and she was SO careful with it, and it was still crashing! In the meantime, I had gotten this computer, which came with its own copy of XP, so mine was fine. I'd gotten into a dispute with the old tech over him overcharging me for something :| so I took it to someone new. This new person told me about the problems with using an illegal copy of the OS, and so he sold me a legal copy for $70 or $80...and we haven't had a problem since. :happy:

This was after about two or three years of having to take both computers in 3 or 4 times a year, at a cost of around $70 each time. :|

VintagePunk said:

Yeah, I probably could put all my pics on a couple of disks. But the music...my cd burner works for data, but not for burning audio cds, for some reason. :huh: I need to get a new one of those, too. And my 50 gazillion school/thesis docs. :yikes:

I think I'm in denial about anything going wrong. :wink:

You mean the banned former member trying to use a new name? :shifty: If so, yes. :shifty:

Even if your burner worked...music files are too damed big. Unless there's some more effiecent way the save them that I don't know about....

If you take it to a computer place though,they usually just transfer your documents for you :up:....actually,your school probablty has a place that does that sorta stuff too, but for a more reazonable price.

You mean like I was in denail about my computer making wookie noises? :happy:

Yes. That would be the one. :shifty:
Did you ever see the journal? Someone posted a link, but when I followed it, nothing was there :sigh:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Even if your burner worked...music files are too damed big. Unless there's some more effiecent way the save them that I don't know about....

If you take it to a computer place though,they usually just transfer your documents for you :up:....actually,your school probablty has a place that does that sorta stuff too, but for a more reazonable price.

You mean like I was in denail about my computer making wookie noises? :happy:

Yes. That would be the one. :shifty:
Did you ever see the journal? Someone posted a link, but when I followed it, nothing was there :sigh:

I wanted to burn all my U2 stuff to disk anyway, but since my burner doesn't work properly... :sigh:

In the meeting the other day, this one particularly technologically-gifted person mentioned that there are places on the school servers that we can send stuff to, and store it on, so it would always be safe, but I have no idea how to access that. :reject:

No, the journal link was no good by the time I got to it. :angry:

Hi Tre! :hug:

See you Dazzled :hug:

Sami, what about the other boy, any news? I told you you're a guy magnet. :flirt:

VintagePunk said:

The update connection can tell that you're using an unregistered copy, and they can completely fuck up your system. They do something so that your OS won't work anymore, and you basically have to take your computer in (or do it yourself if you have the know-how and a copy of the OS), clean EVERYTHING off of it, and then reinstall the OS start from scratch. :|

This was after about two or three years of having to take both computers in 3 or 4 times a year, at a cost of around $70 each time. :|

Sounds fun. :|

Nice of that other tech not to let you know about possible problems too. :happy:
We're due to have a wee chat with our tech tommorrow about the itsy bitsy issue of losing half my files.:angry:

Hey Tre! :hug:

VintagePunk said:

Sami, what about the other boy, any news? I told you you're a guy magnet. :flirt:

No, no news. :reject: I really must drive with my aunt one day so I'll feel comfortable driving her car. Life would be so much easier. :lol: (he doesn't have a license yet)

Back
Top Bottom