Pleban Girls Party - slowly corrupting the world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SG :hug:

I'll be in and out - I found an online Excel tutorial that I've started working my way through... Have an interview at an employment agency tomorrow morning at 10 (the place I sent the resume to last night) and the gentleman told me there would be an Excel test as part of the process :wink: Haven't used much of it for the last few years, so I'm reviewing *g*

Sounds like a pretty wise idea, then Drea :wink:

glad to hear you got an interview so quickly :up: Sounds promising

I'm just TRYING to work on the sims blog and put together a couple of clips from the few minutes I've gotten to play in the past couple of days

Yeah I never had that :no:

And I didn't like when my kids got it either. I told them they didn't have to do all of it.

:wave:

Sad_Girl said:

Summer work? Eww! What an evil creation :yikes: glad I never had to do that

bonocomet said:
Yeah I never had that :no:

You guys are so lucky! For us, all of the summer work gets counted as a test grade and we have tests on it when we get back to school. AND if we don't do it, then we can't move on to the class we want (ex: If I don't read and do all the activities for The Power of One, aka the most tedious book ever that's already put me to sleep twice in the first chapter, then I'm not allowed to take Advanced English 2)

BTW, how are everyone's avatars so big now?!

dreashouse.jpg

dreaadamromance.jpg

circa1992 said:

You guys are so lucky! For us, all of the summer work gets counted as a test grade and we have tests on it when we get back to school. AND if we don't do it, then we can't move on to the class we want (ex: If I don't read and do all the activities for The Power of One, aka the most tedious book ever that's already put me to sleep twice in the first chapter, then I'm not allowed to take Advanced English 2)

BTW, how are everyone's avatars so big now?!

awww well that sucks :angry: I guess they got you there. I really feel that a break is needed tho.

Lots of new changes goin on including bigger avis! :happy:

love2bmama said:
Hi all :wave:

congrats on getting an interview so quickly, Drea, they must've liked your resume!

Actually, an interview's part of the registration process - and I had to send a Word attachment of my resume to him after I got home from following up on it today; I'd sent a plain text version because (as I explained to him) I know that some places delete emails with attachments... I'd thought about sending him my resume that way last night, but went the safe route which ended up being wrong :lol:

I wish I could get pics of my U2 Sims. (They're on my daughters computer and she can't figure out how to get the pics) My JT Bono was :drool: :lol:

bonocomet said:

awww well that sucks :angry: I guess they got you there. I really feel that a break is needed tho.

Lots of new changes goin on including bigger avis! :happy:

I agree that I break is needed, summer should be summer! :)

That's awesome about the avi's, I wish I knew how to make them so that I could make mine bigger! :lol:

Drea said:

Actually, an interview's part of the registration process - and I had to send a Word attachment of my resume to him after I got home from following up on it today; I'd sent a plain text version because (as I explained to him) I know that some places delete emails with attachments... I'd thought about sending him my resume that way last night, but went the safe route which ended up being wrong :lol:

oh, well in that case, good luck with the interview! I'm sure they'll like you for the job. :hug:

I'm excited because I'm finally almost done with the sock I've been knitting for what feels like most of my adult life :giggle:

Just think, when I get done with it, I get to make another just like it all over again! :dance:

love2bmama said:
I'm excited because I'm finally almost done with the sock I've been knitting for what feels like most of my adult life :giggle:

Just think, when I get done with it, I get to make another just like it all over again! :dance:

:lol: Gotta love Second Sock Syndrome :wink: Haven't fallen prey to that yet (haven't done socks :lol: ) but I *have* suffered Second Shawl Syndrome *snerk*

circa1992 said:

I agree that I break is needed, summer should be summer! :)

That's awesome about the avi's, I wish I knew how to make them so that I could make mine bigger! :lol:

If you post the original pic I'm sure someone here can do it for you, or I could when my daughter gets home later :lol:

Drea said:

:lol: Gotta love Second Sock Syndrome :wink: Haven't fallen prey to that yet (haven't done socks :lol: ) but I *have* suffered Second Shawl Syndrome *snerk*

I've always either made 2 socks at once and thus avoided SSS that way, or else just made myself jump right into the second sock without giving it much thought. This one just kind of makes me go UGH, though, because I'm not in love with the yarn and I'm not even wearing socks these days, much less wool ones.

I'd love nothing more than to put this project away until fall and start something different, something distinctly un-sockish. Like a wrap, shawl, ipod cozy....anything, I guess.

Here's my current project, in case anyone's interested. It's considerably farther along now, just a couple rows and the toe will be done!
572262246_1421ef4dcb.jpg

Last edited:
bonocomet said:
I wish I could get pics of my U2 Sims. (They're on my daughters computer and she can't figure out how to get the pics) My JT Bono was :drool: :lol:

EA Games > The Sims 2 > Neighborhoods > N00(#) > Storytelling

the JPG's are in the storytelling folder

and I have an awesome JT Bono - someone else built the outfit but I don't care he's :combust:

circa1992 said:
Ahh, sorry my picture came up so big!!

No problem! It should be pretty easy for anyone with photoshop to resize for you, I don't have it and my daughter who does isn't home at the moment.

Cute pic by the way! :cute:

Hello :wave:

Happy Fourth of July night, my fellow Americans. People are shooting off loud illegal fireworks just outside my window and it's really annoying. :mad:

I would have gone out to see fireworks, but A. I need to be at work early tomorrow, and B. I saw fireworks Sunday night and last night. :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

EA Games > The Sims 2 > Neighborhoods > N00(#) > Storytelling

the JPG's are in the storytelling folder

and I have an awesome JT Bono - someone else built the outfit but I don't care he's :combust:

Thanks I'll tell her and hopefully she can get them! We just made our guys with whichever stuff was already on the game, and they came out great, but I heard you can get the ones that are built to look like them, is that what you got? :lol:

:wave: hello jobob

Drea said:

I :love: the colour :D What pattern is that?

thanks, I'm loving that kind of teal-green-blue color right now too. It's the embossed leaves pattern from Interweave's Favorite Socks book.

Sarah, I'm not very good at resizing pics, it took me a while to get my avi down to the right size and resolution, otherwise I'd help you out. :reject:

I agree with comet, though, cute pic!! :cute:

:wave: Hi Jo!
Fireworks have been driving me batty for 3 days now, at this point I'll just be glad when it's over, lol! :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom