Pleban Girls Party - simply irresistable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dazzledbylight said:

were you the one who said or reposted that Bruce is going back into the studio real soon with E street! :drool: :drool:

I couldn't have afforded the D&D tour......but his slower Americana songs aare usually too depressing to listen to for me, anyway.

But B & E st !!!! :drool: :drool:

I am the one who said/posted that Bruce and some of the band are going into the studio this month and next ...

:hyper:

and yes, those D&D tickets were pricey (with service charges, mine was almost $100 for an upper-level theater seat). But since I like his solo work and I'd always wanted to see him in that type of setting, I considered it worth every penny. Many other fans did not agree with me, however.

VintagePunk said:

I'm all spacey - too little sleep, and too many uhhh...interesting events over the past 24 hours. :lol: And Sarah's slowly getting work done on her paper, but I think she's being distracted by the tv shows I'm watching. :reject: And now, the baby names. :cute:

How are you? :hug:

I'm alright. A little better. I had to skip out on church tonight, though, and I was supposed to read the gospel lessons :uhoh: It was no big deal, really, as far as being a problem for Pastor or the service itself, but I like to take part in it and to be trustworthy when I say I'm going to do something

jobob said:

I am the one who said/posted that Bruce and some of the band are going into the studio this month and next ...

:hyper:

and yes, those D&D tickets were pricey (with service charges, mine was almost $100 for an upper-level theater seat). But since I like his solo work and I'd always wanted to see him in that type of setting, I considered it worth every penny. Many other fans did not agree with me, however.

nice to see my mermory is more intact than not :up:

his solo work IS good......I just sometimes find it way too depressing to spend/or borrow that kind of money for it!

dazzledbylight said:
sara should be wearing earplugs and horse"blinder"s when she's around you & the TV and COmputer __ WHEN she has a paper due......and on what?

Ah, phooey. :wink: It's not all my fault. She does homework with MSN open. :lol:

She's writing a paper with the thesis that the Church of Scientology should be illegal in Canada.

Sad_Girl said:

I'm alright. A little better. I had to skip out on church tonight, though, and I was supposed to read the gospel lessons :uhoh: It was no big deal, really, as far as being a problem for Pastor or the service itself, but I like to take part in it and to be trustworthy when I say I'm going to do something

Awww, but if you're not feeling well, you can't help it. I'm sure he or she understands! :)

Hi girls! :hug: Glad to hear you're feeling a little bit better SG.

VP that paper Sarah's writing sounds really interesting! I'd be really interested in reading it when she's done and if she would allow :)

VintagePunk said:

Ah, phooey. :wink: It's not all my fault. She does homework with MSN open. :lol:

She's writing a paper with the thesis that the Church of Scientology should be illegal in Canada.

Hey, VP. :wave:

Scientology :down:

Is it getting better, or are you still the same?

(I saw the beginning of this thread. My sympathies. I have also done similar things. And regretted them.) :hug:

VintagePunk said:

no......it's not your fault.....she's the one who has to displine, hereself!

ah......open MSN....:task: :lol:

whoa.........does Cananda have.....i guess what would be considered...."anti-cult" laws.....since that's how many people view Scientology.....
I'm no big fan.......but i've read that he {Hubbard} cobbled alot of various things together with a few tweaks of his own to make.

::laugh: you should have beenin NYC the year....i guess it was The Moonies :yuck: first showed up here.........{if it was them} {maybe it was Scintologists ?}
it was like ??25 yrs ago and AL:L these people were dressed in white jumpsiuts { I Loooove jumpsuits}, "accosting" people with their :blahblah:

Tell her thanks! :)

My day has been pretty productive actually! I organized all my notes/binders/crap for classes starting...washed my sheets and towels...went to the mall and got really nice jeans for $33! :happy: And watched some lady spazz her ass off over the payphone not having a phone book connected to it. :lol: Can we say psycho!

:lmao: :hug: ...and I'm glad you two are good again!

jobob said:

Hey, VP. :wave:

Scientology :down:

Is it getting better, or are you still the same?

(I saw the beginning of this thread. My sympathies. I have also done similar things. And regretted them.) :hug:

Joanne!! :hug: Things are good, thanks. I'm STILL LMAO about it. I'm a nut. :lmao: Just a big miscommunication.

Thanks Dazz! :hug: Me too. The lower right one was giving me a bit of pain today when I'd bite down (I'm channeling VP :wink:) but nothing compared to what it was.

On a completely random note...I am so jealous that you live in NYC :drool: :lol:

dazzledbylight said:

no......it's not your fault.....she's the one who has to displine, hereself!

ah......open MSN....:task: :lol:

whoa.........does Cananda have.....i guess what would be considered...."anti-cult" laws.....since that's how many people view Scientology.....
I'm no big fan.......but i've read that he {Hubbard} cobbled alot of various things together with a few tweaks of his own to make.

::laugh: you should have beenin NYC the year....i guess it was The Moonies :yuck: first showed up here.........{if it was them} {maybe it was Scintologists ?}
it was like ??25 yrs ago and AL:L these people were dressed in white jumpsiuts { I Loooove jumpsuits}, "accosting" people with their :blahblah:

Sarah says that she's pretty sure we do have anti-cult laws, but that Scientology isn't considered a cult. Neither, however, is it considered a full-fledged religion. It's not granted the tax breaks that legitimate churches are. In some European countries they don't get tax breaks either, but in the US, they do.

Most people with even a vague knowledge of Scientology can see it for what it is, but when you delve a bit deeper into it, it's truly frightening. They are some seriously screwed up people who have done some terrible and evil things.

FlyYourKite said:

I didn't Drea! :uhoh: Want me to go on again?

*g* Nothing really big, just wanted to let you know that Elevation's playing in London on the 21st - Rum Runners Music Hall (178 Dundas St @Richmond)... and to wish you a late happy b-day, I didn't see the thread up till it would've been a bit late for me to add to it :wink:

Drea said:

*g* Nothing really big, just wanted to let you know that Elevation's playing in London on the 21st - Rum Runners Music Hall (178 Dundas St @Richmond)... and to wish you a late happy b-day, I didn't see the thread up till it would've been a bit late for me to add to it :wink:

Oh neat! :happy: I might go and check that out! Thanks for the wishes too :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

aaaww didn't realize you weren't feeling well......:hug:

yeah, i could understand that..... that's why i became MUCH more selective in what I've promised I'll do...over the years!

...i use to take on alot of stuff in my late teens/20's .....
....becuase i really wanted too, but didn't prioritize my time right/or got distracted {tho I really could concentrate well alot of times back then and certainly <more than not> some times now}
and possibly half-unconciooooously to please poeple or because i "ought" to......:shrug:

Last edited:
FlyYourKite said:
Tell her thanks! :)

My day has been pretty productive actually! I organized all my notes/binders/crap for classes starting...washed my sheets and towels...went to the mall and got really nice jeans for $33! :happy: And watched some lady spazz her ass off over the payphone not having a phone book connected to it. :lol: Can we say psycho!

:lmao: :hug: ...and I'm glad you two are good again!

Sounds like a good day! I...uh...got groceries, did a load of laundry, watched tv and chatted. :uhoh: :lol:

Thanks :hug: I thought things like that could only happen on sitcoms. :reject:

VintagePunk said:

Did you say you guys saw the episode of South Park they did about Scientology? :lmao:

:hug: Hi Fly! I'm glad to hear you're doing better, too. Eating solid food again, even :wink:

VintagePunk said:

Sarah says that she's pretty sure we do have anti-cult laws, but that Scientology isn't considered a cult. Neither, however, is it considered a full-fledged religion. It's not granted the tax breaks that legitimate churches are. In some European countries they don't get tax breaks either, but in the US, they do.

Speaking of Scientology and European countries, isn't it officially banned in Germany?

Sad_Girl said:

Did you say you guys saw the episode of South Park they did about Scientology? :lmao:

:hug: Hi Fly! I'm glad to hear you're doing better, too. Eating solid food again, even :wink:

No, we didn't see it, but Sarah found the script online, and read it to me. :lmao:

I was told not that long ago that Scientology started over a poker game... apparently there was a bet going about getting a 'religion' started :eyebrow: *tries to remember who all was there* It was definitely a sci-fi writers' game, there was Hubbard, and Asimov, and couple other writers whose names are escaping me *g*

**Not that I'm saying Asimov's responsible for Scientology at all, beyond the whole bet... there's no way that man would've been responsible for something that insane!

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

Most people with even a vague knowledge of Scientology can see it for what it is, but when you delve a bit deeper into it, it's truly frightening. They are some seriously screwed up people who have done some terrible and evil things.

oh ididn't know about our taxbreaks....

really? they done such bad things? I wouldn't know off hand.

I have heard about intervention & deprogramming in a general way from different "cults".

jobob said:

Speaking of Scientology and European countries, isn't it officially banned in Germany?

Sarah says that it's not banned there, but it's closely scrutinized, and considered an organization that could be dangerous, and carrying out suspicious activities.

Drea said:
I was told not that long ago that Scientology started over a poker game... apparently there was a bet going about getting a 'religion' started :eyebrow: *tries to remember who all was there* It was definitely a sci-fi writers' game, there was Hubbard, and Asimov, and couple other writers whose names are escaping me *g*

:ohmy:

:hmm: i thot Asimov would have more 'sense' than to go and do that...........

Back
Top Bottom