Pleban Girls Party - simply irresistable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry, was catching up :)

the show was GREAT. He was fantastic. I'd say I only really KNEW like half the songs, he played such stuff that would be like U2 playing Acrobat or Dirty Day :wink: My dad is hardcore Billy Joel, and Billy would be talking (he plays like he's in a lounge or something and talks between all the songs) and my dad would be like HOLY CRAP! He's gonna play ____! :lol: But even the songs I didn't know too well were great, and the ones I did know were incredible. I wasn't expecting him to be as good as he was. The first song he did (Piano Man) he didn't sound too great, and I got all upset but my mom's like "give him a break! it's his first song in like 7 years!" and the show just kept getting better and better...he played a lot of rare stuff he's never done before, and then for the encores he did most of the huge hits- I thought that was really cool :up: Overall, great show. My dad is like walking on a cloud right now :laugh: He's still saying "i can't believe he played this and that and :blahblah: "

dazzledbylight said:
YAY!!! for you sami & your Dad!

it's been 7 yrs since he went on a tour, sami?

I don't know, that's what my mom said :shrug: It's been a while...I think the last tour he did was the one with Elton John

goodnight Fly!! :hug: :heart:
I'm not going to sleep early tonight, but I told my mom to wake me early tomorrow so I'll want to go to sleep early tomorrow night :wink:

Drea said:
*listens* :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Have you ever heard their acceptance speech from the Grammys where they accepted their award as the Daltons 'accepting on U2's behalf'? :lmao:

Adam! Not only is the line he delivered funny (corny but funny) but he doesn't deliver it right, I think he may have been under the influence of something or another :shifty: :lol:

Goodnight Fly :hug: Sweet Dreams

5f90b53c.gif

:love:

sami, it sounds like the show was great. I love going to concerts where the performer or band mixes up their old and rare stuff with their new stuff. And talks to you in between songs.

Did you say earlier in the thread this was opening night of Billy Joel's latest tour? I thought he quit touring a few years ago and was only going to write classical music ...

ooooooooo now I've got to find very late dinner food!! :laugh:

luckily we have 2 24 hr places
a big supermarket & a big korean green grocer.......

happy dreams everyone ! ZZZZZzzzzzzzz

and my sis is giving me a 9AM wake up call :laugh: :huh:

{going to a Art museum.....I'm her guest}

Sad_Girl said:

Have you ever heard their acceptance speech from the Grammys where they accepted their award as the Daltons 'accepting on U2's behalf'? :lmao:

Adam! Not only is the line he delivered funny (corny but funny) but he doesn't deliver it right, I think he may have been under the influence of something or another :shifty: :lol:

Heard about it, haven't heard it... I've also heard about him messing up the "We play two kinds of music - country *and* western" line ;)

jobob said:
sami, it sounds like the show was great. I love going to concerts where the performer or band mixes up their old and rare stuff with their new stuff. And talks to you in between songs.

Did you say earlier in the thread this was opening night of Billy Joel's latest tour? I thought he quit touring a few years ago and was only going to write classical music ...

:yes: it was opening night.

He did say he was only writing classical music (funny I actually saw a recent interview with him addressing this topic) and he says that's what he likes to write now, but it's not like if he thinks of a song he won't record it because he doesn't want to write songs anymore :lol: (if that makes sense)

He didn't quit touring, he just quit making new records (for now, at least) He just said he's too tired and old to do the really huge long tours, so he's just doing a little tour every few years.

greeneyedgirl said:

there ain't nothing little about that dragon. :shifty:

my pjs smell like dog :|

my coat, clothes and other sweatshirt smelled like smoke earlier today because I went to the bowling alley and karoke bar with some friends last night. :barf:

Back
Top Bottom