Pleban Girls Party - Quest for the runaway 'fro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
4.gif

bet you never knew that the 'fro was what they wrote 'Still haven't found' about, now didja? :wink:

Sad_Girl said:
4.gif

bet you never knew that the 'fro was what they wrote 'Still haven't found' about, now didja? :wink:

SG, I always thought it was about spiritual matters. Or heaven. Silly me. :wink:

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, Fly. :(

Just wondering, have any of you read Jeffrey Sachs' The End of Poverty? I'm reading it now, and I'm very surprised at how good it is. I expected it to be somewhat dry and boring, but it's not, at all.

VintagePunk said:
Just wondering, have any of you read Jeffrey Sachs' The End of Poverty? I'm reading it now, and I'm very surprised at how good it is. I expected it to be somewhat dry and boring, but it's not, at all.

I liked the introduction. :wink: And I think I read an excerpt of it in Time magazine at the time it was released.

Seriously, though, I also meant to read the rest of the book. Glad to hear you're liking it.

You know - I wanted so much to make a joke about the fro masquerading as Lemon Cotton Candy - which I've had, I know it's not uncommon - but do you think I can find a damned picture of yellow cotton candy? :madwife:

VintagePunk said:

Sadly not, but it's on my list. :yes: I've heard nothing but good things about it.
But there's quite a few really interesting blurbs from him and the book in my economics text. :up:

flybabe said:

It hard,to have those memories,and know,she`s not there:sad:

I know right now it hurts a lot, but it will get better, and eventually thinking of her will make you happy more often than it makes you sad. I lost my grandma a year and a half ago - and I think about her a lot :hug:

jobob said:

I liked the introduction. :wink: And I think I read an excerpt of in in Time magazine at the time it was released.

Seriously, though, I also meant to read the rest of the book. Glad to hear you're liking it.

You really should! He includes a lot of detailed economic theory, doesn't talk down to the reader at all, and yet he makes it very interesting. :up: I stayed up way too late last night reading about how he cured Bolivia of hyperinflation and various other economic problems in the 80's. :lol: :nerd: That's how he got into international development economics.

flybabe said:

It hard,to have those memories,and know,she`s not there:sad:

But the good thing is that you've had those memories and those times with her. And you'll always have them. :heart:
I know it's hard though, It's been years since my neighbour passed away, and it still makes me sad when I recall some little story only to then remember she's no longer around. :(
The hurt will get better with time. :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

I know right now it hurts a lot, but it will get better, and eventually thinking of her will make you happy more often than it makes you sad. I lost my grandma a year and a half ago - and I think about her a lot :hug:

SG is right, the pain will ease over time. :yes: :hug:

Sad_Girl said:
You know - I wanted so much to make a joke about the fro masquerading as Lemon Cotton Candy - which I've had, I know it's not uncommon - but do you think I can find a damned picture of yellow cotton candy? :madwife:

Search for "yellow cotton candy" in Google Images. You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom