Pleban Girls Party - Music is the common thread that ties us all together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

I'm such an audio/video geek, I'd probably go to your house and never leave. :drool: :lol:

:lol:

You would probably love the design center at my dad's office, it's a full sized house that they made that showcases all the stuff they sell. It's freakin' awesome. I love playing in there. :reject: :lmao: :love:

Zootlesque said:
Rubber Soul is great too! Gah.. I can't decide between Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Peppers, Magical Mystery Tour, White Album and Abbey Road! They're all too awesome for words!

I know what you mean. They're a lot like U2 for me. Abbey Road stays on the top pretty consistently, but the rest rotate according to mood.

It was my older brother who started buying me their stuff. He's a lot older than me, and had first editions of several of their older albums. I sorta liberated them. :shifty:

I love the Beatles, but to be completely honest, I have never ventured all that deep into their stuff. I have probably 70 songs on mp3 by them, but mostly their particularly popular stuff. I listened to the white album until I wore the tape out when I was younger, though :drool:

I was maybe six or seven when I started listening to the beatles; I had a record player and I used to play all of my mom's old 45's

VintagePunk said:

I know what you mean. They're a lot like U2 for me. Abbey Road stays on the top pretty consistently, but the rest rotate according to mood.

Yeah... same here. As for U2, Achtung Baby and Pop stay on top pretty consistently for me. Joshua Tree, Zooropa, UF, War, R&H, ATYCLB and HTDAAB rotate according to mood. I don't listen to Boy or October too much even though I like them a lot, esp. Boy!

I've bought a few greatest hit cds and stuff over the years, VP but I'm just getting to a stage where I'm realizing you can miss some of the best stuff by never listening to the original albums

My Uncle has just about everything ever recorded by them, I may have to give him a call :wink:

Now if you want to talk about Bob Dylan, on the other hand... :love: :D

Zootlesque said:

Yeah... same here. As for U2, Achtung Baby and Pop stay on top pretty consistently for me. Joshua Tree, Zooropa, UF, War, R&H, ATYCLB and HTDAAB rotate according to mood. I don't listen to Boy or October too much even though I like them a lot, esp. Boy!

I haven't listened to October all that much. Just once, in fact. :reject: I just got it hmmm...6 or 8 months ago? I figure that sometime in the next 4 years when I'm aching for new material, I'll devour it. :drool: Although I do know several of the songs very well. Mostly the obvious ones.

VintagePunk said:

I haven't listened to October all that much. Just once, in fact. :reject: I just got it hmmm...6 or 8 months ago? I figure that sometime in the next 4 years when I'm aching for new material, I'll devour it. :drool: Although I do know several of the songs very well. Mostly the obvious ones.

Me either. I've only heard a few songs from October and War. And I haven't heard all the songs on Boy or UF either. :reject:

I've been listening to October Over and Over and Over lately - If you checked my CD player 10 times in the past two weeks, at least 8 of those times it would be October in there

Sad_Girl said:
I've bought a few greatest hit cds and stuff over the years, VP but I'm just getting to a stage where I'm realizing you can miss some of the best stuff by never listening to the original albums

My Uncle has just about everything ever recorded by them, I may have to give him a call :wink:

Now you want to talk about Bob Dylan, on the other hand :love: :D

Oh, I don't have anywhere near all of their albums. Offhand, I think I probably have about 6 of my own, and 5 or 6 that I rescued from my brother. And his and my sister's old 45s. :lol:

Do they even make those round thingys for 45s, anymore? :lol:

Wow, they were very prolific for the length of time they were together. :crazy:

Sad_Girl said:
I'm realizing you can miss some of the best stuff by never listening to the original albums

Yes, absolutely!!! I'm yet to own or even listen to the albums, Please Please Me, With The Beatles, Beatles For Sale or Yellow Submarine. :(

That sounds promising, at least, Weldy :hug:

VP they really were! I've thought that often; they wrote and recorded so much in a relatively short stretch of time :yes:

sami0201 said:

Me either. I've only heard a few songs from October and War. And I haven't heard all the songs on Boy or UF either. :reject:

Boy, War, and UF I love! :drool: I just didn't find October immediately accessible, and around the time that I got it was when I started getting all the rarities, so I made my plan of letting that be my cd to discover in the next few years when I'm desperate. :)

VintagePunk said:

Boy, War, and UF I love! :drool: I just didn't find October immediately accessible, and around the time that I got it was when I started getting all the rarities, so I made my plan of letting that be my cd to discover in the next few years when I'm desperate. :)

Yeah, I think I'm not going to really listen to them until I'm totally desperate too. :lol:

That's good Weldy :hug:

Sad_Girl said:
That sounds promising, at least, Weldy :hug:

VP they really were! I've thought that often; they wrote and recorded so much in a relatively short stretch of time :yes:

My brother made sure that as I grew up, I was well versed in music from that era. He didn't even let me listen to music that was out when I was a kid. :lol: Anyway, it was very common for bands to churn out 3 albums a year back then. :crazy:

And you mentioned Dylan. I was thinking recently, I really don't know all that much by him. Just the obvious hits. :reject: Strange, he's one of the legends of the era, and yet, around here, at least, he doesn't get much radio airplay, even on classic rock stations.

VintagePunk said:

My brother made sure that as I grew up, I was well versed in music from that era. He didn't even let me listen to music that was out when I was a kid. :lol: Anyway, it was very common for bands to churn out 3 albums a year back then. :crazy:

And you mentioned Dylan. I was thinking recently, I really don't know all that much by him. Just the obvious hits. :reject: Strange, he's one of the legends of the era, and yet, around here, at least, he doesn't get much radio airplay, even on classic rock stations.

Same. He's never really on the radio here, either. :hmm: Maybe I'm wrong but I always put him in the Elvis/Johnny Cash category, and if you think about it they are never really on the radio either.

Ok who wants to see a new picture of the guy I like who has the girlfriend? :lmao: :drool:

VintagePunk said:

He's one of those artists who defies classification and so the people who have discovered him love him and he's well known, but as far as the sort of 'hit singles' you would hear replayed on radio or in compilations with other artists just aren't there or don't reflect his best stuff :heart:

I may have to wrestle with YSI or make a CD to mail out to you :hmm:

I adore Dylan. Most people, once they have had a chance to give him a real listen either love him or hate him, in my experience. :lol: I don't know which way you'll go for sure, but I can hook you up with some stuff so you can find out, at least :wink:

sami0201 said:

Same. He's never really on the radio here, either. :hmm: Maybe I'm wrong but I always put him in the Elvis/Johnny Cash category, and if you think about it they are never really on the radio either.

Ok who wants to see a new picture of the guy I like who has the girlfriend? :lmao: :drool:

I do!! :hyper:

Dylan was folk at first, before he pissed his fans off by going electric. :lol:

Have any of you ever seen the special called The 60's? It's from the late 90's I think, with Jordana Brewster, Julia Stiles, Jerry O'Connel, Rosanna Arquette.....Bob Dylan is in it a lot (not him literally but his music and stuff and they go to his concerts all the time) Anyway, it's a really good movie, we're watching it in psych. :love:

Back
Top Bottom