Pleban Girls Party - Music is the common thread that ties us all together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not half as rough as this evening :lol:
My parents were all set to have this heart to heart talk, and I blew it and we started fighting instead. :shrug:

Hi Wild :hug:

WildHoney said:

I take it she said yes to BNL cruise??

Wild!! :hug: How are you today? :)

No, she didn't. :lol:

But, I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with her today, talking about my boy issues, and she listened and advised, and made me feel so much better about everything. She basically validated what I've thought all along (on my good days :reject: ). She's known about him since the very beginning, and while I've mentioned him in passing over the past 6 months, we'd never talked in detail about what's been happening. When i told her about the new developments over the past months, she thought it all sounded really positive, was thrilled for me, said he's obviously come a long way, and that I should be patient a while longer. :heart:

JezSnape said:
Not half as rough as this evening :lol:
My parents were all set to have this heart to heart talk, and I blew it and we started fighting instead. :shrug:

Hi Wild :hug:

Sorry to hear that. :( If you would like to talk about it in any detail, we're here, but if not, that's fine too. :)

WildHoney said:
Aww Jez:hug:

Sisters:love:

I love mine to pieces too :heart: , we don't talk that often but we both know we can go to each other about anything:wink:

It was kind of huge for me, because she knows what men in this area are like, the typical mindset they have. And oddly, the only ones in my family that have met him are her husband and her son, and she said that they both really liked him. :)

My sister and I are really close too, always have been, and she only lives about 15 minutes from me. But you know how it is, we all get busy and don't take the time to connect, or to talk on anything but a superficial level, sometimes.

It was all my fault that we started fighting, 'cause when things get awkward, uncomfortable and emotional (as it did) I sort of shut down. So they were sitting there, really serious, telling me how much they loved me, and wanted to support me and stuff, and I just randomly remarked that my braid was long enough for me to wrap around my neck :lol: We managed to sort it out later though. My mum is sort of like me when it comes to emotions, so she understood better than my dad did, who yelled at me at first that I was nonchalant and disrespectful. I totally understand where he's coming from...

Well, enough about me, what's the BNL cruise? :confused:

Hi Sami!

JezSnape said:
It was all my fault that we started fighting, 'cause when things get awkward, uncomfortable and emotional (as it did) I sort of shut down. So they were sitting there, really serious, telling me how much they loved me, and wanted to support me and stuff, and I just randomly remarked that my braid was long enough for me to wrap around my neck :lol: We managed to sort it out later though. My mum is sort of like me when it comes to emotions, so she understood better than my dad did, who yelled at me at first that I was nonchalant and disrespectful. I totally understand where he's coming from...

Well, enough about me, what's the BNL cruise? :confused:

Hi Sami!

Awww. :hug: I'm glad that you sorta got it sorted out in the end. :) And I saw that you had been upset the night before, and that you had been IMing with a guy, but I'm not really clear - is that what upset you and caused the need for a talk with them? Again, if it's too personal and you don't want to go into it, that's fine. :)

The BNL cruise is a Barenaked Ladies cruise that I found out about on the weekend, had really wanted to go on, and asked my sister to go, and she sounded excited initially, but my niece kind of talked her out of it. :madwife: That's fine though, if she doesn't want to go, or doesn't think she would have a good time, she shouldn't go just because of me. I understand, and although a little disappointed, I'm okay with it. :)

I had a funny day today...

OK, so this guy in my grade wrestles, and so does my brother. They had a wrestling banquet yesterday. So this guy Jamie comes up to me and goes:

"Hey, I saw you yesterday...or at least I thought I did. I was walking over to say hi to you, and I was 5 feet away, then I realized it wasn't you and it was your mom." :lmao: "You guys look so much alike it's crazy!!!"

Me: ":lol: Everyone says that"

Jamie: "You're mom is really good-looking" :lmao:

Lucas (another guy that walked by not hearing the rest of the convo): "WHAT?!"

Jamie (to Lucas): "Nevermind"

Jamie: "So yeah....you and your mom look exactly alike"

Me: :lmao: :lmao:

OK....that doesn't sound at all funny :| :|

I guess you had to be there :shrug: :laugh:

Last edited:
Barenaked ladies :drool:

No, I'm just generally down right now, things aren't relly working out in school, and my life's a mess. It's the wrong time of the month for things to go wrong to, if you know what I mean.
My brother is just weird, but he's always been weird :lol: I think I've managed to fall in love with my best friend too :reject: Which is a bad, bad thing...

Wild, I'm sure you'll do fine :hug:

Hi Sarah :hug: Welcome to a glimpse into the life of a deranged... what ever I should call myself... :lol:

Hi Fly! :hug: I got the Madonna dvd!! :hyper: :love:

Jez if you want to give me your email I can send you the message, not trying to keep it from anyone :wink: I just don't know if DG would want me to post details here :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom