Pleban Girls Party - Memory Lane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:

I still don't know how the hell I found my way back to the hotel! :lmao: I was just drifting :drool:

I literally STILL have a physical reaction, like a surge of adrenaline when I think about it :love:

I'm always bragging about how you got to meet Larry. Isn't it funny? :heart: As awesome as the stuff with U2 was, it really was the time we got to spend together that made that trip what it was :love:

I definetly think the experiences are so much better, because we all had special people with us to see the shows with. Next tour I'm coming to the east coast to go to a show with you guys. :drool: I plan on being filthy rich by then. :wink:

Brittany, my mom probably won't get better, but thankfully she manages well and has a good attitude about it. It really does help though that I have a similar illness so we make good supports for each other. :heart:

VintagePunk said:

Exactly! :love: :heart: What a crazy time.

I guess it's probably no huge secret that I'm not feeling a ton of the Bono lust these days :uhoh: but Edge and Larry, those guys are just AMAZING, my heros...both for totally different reasons. :heart: And I feel so priviledged to have met Larry, especially. :heart:

Damn I thought your Bono lust would never die! What happened? :(

Lately with everything happening I have major love for all of them. They are keeping me a little bit more sane. :heart: :love:

Britt, my mom is going through some health issues at the moment, so I can relate. It's awful and scary, i know. :( And yes, we're a pretty caring bunch. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to develop a bond with people...it doesn't happen overnight. But many of these girls are some of the most awesome people I've ever known. :heart:

Russty Cat said:

Damn I thought your Bono lust would never die! What happened? :(

Lately with everything happening I have major love for all of them. They are keeping me a little bit more sane. :heart: :love:

I wouldn't say it's died, exactly...just...maybe...put into perspective? My thought processes are long, arduous, sometimes misdirected, and mostly crazy. :wink:

Russty Cat said:

I definetly think the experiences are so much better, because we all had special people with us to see the shows with. Next tour I'm coming to the east coast to go to a show with you guys. :drool: I plan on being filthy rich by then. :wink:

Brittany, my mom probably won't get better, but thankfully she manages well and has a good attitude about it. It really does help though that I have a similar illness so we make good supports for each other. :heart:

Well, I'm glad you're able to help each other through it...and I'm glad she/you haven't let it stop you from doing what you want to do. That's the real thing to overcome! And by the way the story about your bro. thinking B had a um "little sweet pea on the side?" Hilarious!:lmao:

VintagePunk said:

I wouldn't say it's died, exactly...just...maybe...put into perspective? My thought processes are long, arduous, sometimes misdirected, and mostly crazy. :wink:

Well I think thats normal. I think eventually our perspective on things can change. Mine changed a bit as well, but I think its a healthy thing.

VintagePunk said:
Britt, my mom is going through some health issues at the moment, so I can relate. It's awful and scary, i know. :( And yes, we're a pretty caring bunch. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to develop a bond with people...it doesn't happen overnight. But many of these girls are some of the most awesome people I've ever known. :heart:

Thanks VP! It's great to have someone who understands whatever you're going through.:hug: And obviously it takes time to get to know people like it does anywhere. So I'm sorry, if I seem to jump in and get too friendly. There's some people who are angry about that, and they posted it earlier today. I didn't know that I was doing anything wrong so it kinda made me :sad: I see all the fun you all have here, so I guess I'm a bit to eagar to get in on the action:reject: I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better, and I plan on hitting many shows on the next tour, so if anyone wants to join me...:shifty: :sexywink:

U2isthebest said:

Well, I'm glad you're able to help each other through it...and I'm glad she/you haven't let it stop you from doing what you want to do. That's the real thing to overcome! And by the way the story about your bro. thinking B had a um "little sweet pea on the side?" Hilarious!:lmao:

It was rather funny. B use to be a real bad boy, but I totally trust him. It got me a bit sad though when I thought about it. I've become so disconnected with my family that my brother doesn't even know that I've been Russty for almost 10 years.

U2isthebest said:

Thanks VP! It's great to have someone who understands whatever you're going through.:hug: And obviously it takes time to get to know people like it does anywhere. So I'm sorry, if I seem to jump in and get too friendly. There's some people who are angry about that, and they posted it earlier today. I didn't know that I was doing anything wrong so it kinda made me :sad: I see all the fun you all have here, so I guess I'm a bit to eagar to get in on the action:reject: I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better, and I plan on hitting many shows on the next tour, so if anyone wants to join me...:shifty: :sexywink:

I undertand the eagerness, and it really does seem like you want to get to know us, and I appreciate that! :) I can't speak for whoever it was that was angry?? but sometimes, it works just as well to relax and chill a bit, and let time work for you. :)

Btw, I saw the thread you started in the Plebans section, and I was really puzzled curious about that. If there's anything wrong, you can speak to any of us directly, you don't have to start a thread. :)

Russty Cat said:

It was rather funny. B use to be a real bad boy, but I totally trust him. It got me a bit sad though when I thought about it. I've become so disconnected with my family that my brother doesn't even know that I've been Russty for almost 10 years.

I'm sorry:sad: It sucks when you lose close contact with your family, but I'm glad you have a husband and kids that adore you and vice versa. You seem like a great wife and mom:hug: Btw, just out of pure curiosity what is your real name?:eyebrow:

Russty Cat said:

The funny thing with families is, sometimes they might not recognize who you've become, but they do know who you were...and that in itself can be comforting. :hug:

VintagePunk said:

I undertand the eagerness, and it really does seem like you want to get to know us, and I appreciate that! :) I can't speak for whoever it was that was angry?? but sometimes, it works just as well to relax and chill a bit, and let time work for you. :)

Btw, I saw the thread you started in the Plebans section, and I was really puzzled curious about that. If there's anything wrong, you can speak to any of us directly, you don't have to start a thread. :)

Thanks! A few days ago, some people (I honestly don't even remember who, that's the main reason I started the thread) were saying in PGP that a certain "newbie" as they put it was causing trouble in the threads and being annoying. I assumed they were talking about me, so I just wanted to apologize to anyone I might have offended. I'm assuming everything's fine w/them, because one thing I do know is that it was different people that posted today. I was more confused and hurt by that because one of them was the one who invited me to PGP in the first place. Anyway, like I said sorry if I got too friendly too fast, it was hard to figure out where I fit in when it seems like everyone knows each other so well. I've only been in PGP for a week or so:reject:, so I'm still trying to figure everything out. I really didn't mean to cause any problems, so I hope no one is holding anything against me.:hug:

For Russty: :D

10571880chrissib926200680810AM.jpg

10571879chrissib926200680744AM.jpg

VintagePunk said:

The funny thing with families is, sometimes they might not recognize who you've become, but they do know who you were...and that in itself can be comforting. :hug:

Aww Russty...that was so:cute: That, is the reason you're part of my "awesome" sig. I'd include all of you if I could, but you and Mia seem to be the ones I've connected w/the most so far.:hug: As I go on, I could make it a weekly thing, and pick different awesome PLEBAns every week til I work my way through all of you...:drool: :hmm:

WHOA!!! Sry. I was reading a different post at the same time, and I thought Russty posted this one. My apologies to both of you! VP you're going in my sig. ASAP!!!:wink:

Last edited:
U2isthebest said:

I'm sorry:sad: It sucks when you lose close contact with your family, but I'm glad you have a husband and kids that adore you and vice versa. You seem like a great wife and mom:hug: Btw, just out of pure curiosity what is your real name?:eyebrow:

My real name is Cherish. I was named after a song by a group called The Association. But once we get moved I'm legally going to change my name. We've been in the process of having it done for a while now. I won't get rid of my birth name, but I want to be able to use Russty as my legal name to sign papers. It gets to confusing when I have to sign things and forget and use the wrong name. :laugh:

VP its so true that no matter what your family does know you. :heart:

U2isthebest said:

Thanks! A few days ago, some people (I honestly don't even remember who, that's the main reason I started the thread) were saying in PGP that a certain "newbie" as they put it was causing trouble in the threads and being annoying. I assumed they were talking about me, so I just wanted to apologize to anyone I might have offended. I'm assuming everything's fine w/them, because one thing I do know is that it was different people that posted today. I was more confused and hurt by that because one of them was the one who invited me to PGP in the first place. Anyway, like I said sorry if I got too friendly too fast, it was hard to figure out where I fit in when it seems like everyone knows each other so well. I've only been in PGP for a week or so:reject:, so I'm still trying to figure everything out. I really didn't mean to cause any problems, so I hope no one is holding anything against me.:hug:

I think one of the posts several days ago may have been from me? If so, it was just some friendly advice, I didn't mean to be malicious. :) I'll look it up, just a sec...

Russty Cat said:

My real name is Cherish. I was named after a song by a group called The Association. But once we get moved I'm legally going to change my name. We've been in the process of having it done for a while now. I won't get rid of my birth name, but I want to be able to use Russty as my legal name to sign papers. It gets to confusing when I have to sign things and forget and use the wrong name. :laugh:

VP its so true that no matter what your family does know you. :heart:

Your name is Cherish? That's beautiful. I don't know the song you mentioned, but I do love the Madonna song "Cherish" LOL. I'm sure most of you know already, I love her as much as I do U2. LOL. Once again in case you didn't catch it above. Sorry for misquoting you above. I realized VP posted that one about family and I thought you did. Whoops.:reject:

U2isthebest said:

Aww Russty...that was so:cute: That, is the reason you're part of my "awesome" sig. I'd include all of you if I could, but you and Mia seem to be the ones I've connected w/the most so far.:hug: As I go on, I could make it a weekly thing, and pick different awesome PLEBAns every week til I work my way through all of you...:drool: :hmm:

I think it does take time to get to know everyone on here, but your well on your way. I try to be always open to people and treat them how I would want to be treated. :hug: That and the fact that I have no other adult human contact most days beyond here makes me a very friendly girl. :lol:

Brittany I wouldn't worry about it anymore. I think there are way to many people on here and not everyone is going to get along. All you can do is have the best intentions at heart and try to get along with people. :heart:

VintagePunk said:

I think one of the posts several days ago may have been from me? If so, it was just some friendly advice, I didn't mean to be malicious. :) I'll look it up, just a sec...

I know you didn't (if it was you):hug: I was just more confused at that time because I was brand new then. I was more hurt today because I've known these people longer because we've been IM'ing for awhile and one of them like I said invited me to PGP in the first place. Don't worry about it! And like Russty in case you didn't see it above, sorry for misquoting you and attributing it to her. Just a brain fart.:wink: My apologies!

U2isthebest said:

Your name is Cherish? That's beautiful. I don't know the song you mentioned, but I do love the Madonna song "Cherish" LOL. I'm sure most of you know already, I love her as much as I do U2. LOL. Once again in case you didn't catch it above. Sorry for misquoting you above. I realized VP posted that one about family and I thought you did. Whoops.:reject:

I've had the Madonna song sang to me way to often. :lol: And no worries about misquoting that happens sometimes. I've never done it myself, of course, cuz I'm perfect. :wink:

Russty Cat said:

I think it does take time to get to know everyone on here, but your well on your way. I try to be always open to people and treat them how I would want to be treated. :hug: That and the fact that I have no other adult human contact most days beyond here makes me a very friendly girl. :lol:

Brittany I wouldn't worry about it anymore. I think there are way to many people on here and not everyone is going to get along. All you can do is have the best intentions at heart and try to get along with people. :heart:

:hug: Thanks Russty! Just like if we were all working/going to school/etc. face to face in our everyday lives we wouldn't all get along, we won't here either. I realize I may have been a bit overzealous, but I was just trying to get to know people. I do have good intentions, so I hope people will be welcoming. You all certainly have and I really thank you!

****We've come to the point in Russty's life where she can no longer speel or use proper grammer?, so forget being able to understand much of what she seys.****

I swear I left half my brain someplace. :lol:

U2isthebest said:

:hug: Thanks Russty! Just like if we were all working/going to school/etc. face to face in our everyday lives we wouldn't all get along, we won't here either. I realize I may have been a bit overzealous, but I was just trying to get to know people. I do have good intentions, so I hope people will be welcoming. You all certainly have and I really thank you!

Your very welcome. I'm really a total bitch in person. :wink:

Russty Cat said:

I've had the Madonna song sang to me way to often. :lol: And no worries about misquoting that happens sometimes. I've never done it myself, of course, cuz I'm perfect. :wink:

I'm singing it to you now..:sexywink: Too bad you can't hear me..actually it's good. We've already had that near disaster with you head tonight:giggle: I wouldn't want to make your ears bleed..:yikes:

This is what I said:

This thread was started a little less than two years ago by a few posters, and several others quickly followed, and we all became very close friends. Many of us met and travelled together on the last tour. This became our place to hang out. Over time, others joined in, got to know us, and were welcomed.

Recently, there seems to be a rash of people coming in all at once, using the thread as their personal playground, posting nonsensical stuff, making little effort to get to know those who established the thread. This has been frustrating for many of the regulars, and some are posting here less and less frequently because of it.

All that said, we realize that we don't own the thread, and that there's nothing we can do about it. Still, it's been a little frustrating at times.

There was another thread this happened to, in OOC, and the regulars eventually gave up and ceded the thread to the new people. I'd hate to see that happen here.

I'd just like to add that every chat thread around here has its own unique tone, and perhaps it would be a good idea for newcomers to observe that? Just a suggestion.

It certainly wasn't directed specifically to you. Like I said, at least you DO seem to be making an effort to get to know us, and interact, even if you do need to realize that sometimes it just takes time. :) I find it somewhat amusing that, like you said, whoever's getting angry with you/said those things to you is most likely a newbie who should also take heed of that advice. :| Because honestly? There has been such an influx lately, it's been annoying. But with you? My advice is to just realize that it takes time to create bonds sometimes...and with that, you'll be fine. :hug:

Russty Cat said:

Your very welcome. I'm really a total bitch in person. :wink:

:lmao: Aren't we all? Like I said earlier, I may not look like it, but I'm totally gangsta. Compton really. No one messes with me...:lol: (I am the prissiest wimpiest girl on earth. LOL)

Back
Top Bottom