Pleban Girls Party - Memory Lane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russty Cat said:

I would have totally :combust: if he did it to me. :giggle:

B's grandma is doing better tonight. Still not out of the woods, but at least she is concious and the swelling in her face is better. They also put a cast on her arm today, so that made me think that they have hope that she is going to live.

Yesterday though I found out that another member of our family fell and injured his eye so badly they had to remove it. I thought my MIL was kidding when she told me. Like seriously this much crap couldn't happen to one family in less then 24 hours. :no:

I'm sorry Russty!:hug: I know what you're going through. Right now I just moved away to college for the first time, and I'm still adjusting. We just sold the only house I've ever lived in, and my parents are going through a divorce. On top of all that, my mom has cancer:sad: However, she should be fine w/in a couple months. Thank God! I hope and pray everything goes better for your family!

Russty Cat said:

I get angry everytime I think about the fact that I won't ever be able to be down close during a show. :madwife: But I loved that I had seats in the celebrity section so that we ended up getting a nice wave and a smile from Sean Penn.

But meeting Bono in the parking lot made up for not getting to be able to be down front. I would love to get to meet the others sometime, but it would be more fun if we were all together when it happened. :heart:

Sean Penn:ohmy: He's my fav. actor, frickin' brilliant! I love every movie he's done! That's awesome!

I don't know what the deal was with Adam, there were certainly FAR more attractive females around me than me...as he was walking the ellipse, he caught my eye, did a double-take sort of, then as he passed me, looked over his shoulder and held the glance, grinning the entire time. Such a flirt. :lol:

Sad_Girl said:
I only made eye contact with B on stage once - but wow! :combust

and Adam!!!! :faint: :love that man was so sweet! I got several smiles, and a wave from him on stage :hyper

and you don't even want to get me started on how sweet he was face to face :love:

I still don't know how you even managed not to pass out. I would have just died. Adam seems like just the sweetest man. :love:

Thank you all so much! Your support means a ton. :hug: :heart: Our cousin who lost his eye is already home and he joked that he couldn't see out of it anymore anyway so its not like he misses it. :love: He is a sweet old guy and a total trooper.

Brittany that is a ton to go through! :hug: Hang in there I know it can be so hard, but hopefully in a few months things will get better. :heart:

VintagePunk said:
I don't know what the deal was with Adam, there were certainly FAR more attractive females around me than me...as he was walking the ellipse, he caught my eye, did a double-take sort of, then as he passed me, looked over his shoulder and held the glance, grinning the entire time. Such a flirt. :lol:

:yes: SUCH a flirt! He makes you feel incredible, doesn't he? :heart:

Russty Cat said:

I still don't know how you even managed not to pass out. I would have just died. Adam seems like just the sweetest man. :love:

Thank you all so much! Your support means a ton. :hug: :heart: Our cousin who lost his eye is already home and he joked that he couldn't see out of it anymore anyway so its not like he misses it. :love: He is a sweet old guy and a total trooper.

:hug: that's the way to get through life; he's got a great attitude

VintagePunk said:

I totally do! I mean, dude, I stay up till 2 or 3 am sometimes! :rockon:

:|

:giggle: I used to be able to do that all the time, no problem, but about a year ago it became impossible for me to do that. :lol:

I become a total bitch if I don't get enough sleep, and in order to function properly at work, I need around 7-8 hours. Doesn't always happen, but oh well.

Russty Cat said:

Brittany that is a ton to go through! :hug: Hang in there I know it can be so hard, but hopefully in a few months things will get better. :heart:

Thanks Russty!! I know it will, w/God in control. I get really sad when I think that my fam. won't be together any more especially w/the holidays coming up, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I can't get too upset.

U2isthebest said:

Sean Penn:ohmy: He's my fav. actor, frickin' brilliant! I love every movie he's done! That's awesome!

I love him as well. But I never would have had the guts to say anything. A gal near us screamed his name and he turned around. She chickened out when he turned around. He looked at us so we smiled and he smiled back and waved. He was in a very good mood it seemed. He had his son Hopper with him. Supposedly the guy who was sitting a few rows below us was Edge's brother. He drank and sat through most of the show. We made a joke that the guy must not be a big fan and one of the security people said "That is Dave Evans brother....some guy who works for the band." The security guy didn't know who Dave Evans was! :lmao: It was so dark and hard to see though that it could have been anyone.

Russty Cat said:

I have a soft spot for elderly people. Like getting old and all the physical decline that goes along with it doesn't suck enough, but then to hear of someone getting injured like that? Just so sad. :sad:

VintagePunk said:

Um have you seen yourself lately?? :drool: :combust: :faint: :sexywink:

I would have totally been flirting with you as well. :giggle: But Adam isn't to bad either. hehe

Russty Cat said:

I love him as well. But I never would have had the guts to say anything. A gal near us screamed his name and he turned around. She chickened out when he turned around. He looked at us so we smiled and he smiled back and waved. He was in a very good mood it seemed. He had his son Hopper with him. Supposedly the guy who was sitting a few rows below us was Edge's brother. He drank and sat through most of the show. We made a joke that the guy must not be a big fan and one of the security people said "That is Dave Evans brother....some guy who works for the band." The security guy didn't know who Dave Evans was! :lmao: It was so dark and hard to see though that it could have been anyone.

That is hilarious. I guess he hasn't been called that in so long people forget. He does say in "U2 by U2" that even his parents call him Edge, but still that is really funny. "some guy who works for the band." One could say that..:lol:

Sad_Girl said:

:yes: SUCH a flirt! He makes you feel incredible, doesn't he? :heart:

I just...was surprised! I wasn't expecting it, wasn't doing anything...like I said, incredibly gorgeous people around me. :huh: I had to ask Sarah if she saw it, and if it was directed toward me. :lol:

Of course, nothing can beat your encounter! I was probably almost as thrilled for you as you were. :heart: :happy: I still remember looking at you, and seeing that you were visibly shaking. :cute: Remember when you came in the room and I was on the phone with family? I knew you'd gotten lucky. :) Makes me SO happy remembering that stuff. :happy:

U2isthebest said:

Thanks Russty!! I know it will, w/God in control. I get really sad when I think that my fam. won't be together any more especially w/the holidays coming up, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I can't get too upset.

Your very welcome. I've totally been there so I understand how you feel. My parents were going to divorce years ago and my mom has been ill most of my life. About a year ago they sold my childhood home and moved to a smaller house. They ended up staying together thankfully after lots of counseling. But its still hard at time to see my mom struggling with everything. :heart: All you can do is just continue to love both your parents and try to form a life of your own.

VP it is so hard to get old. The one thing I'm thankful for in B's family is that everyone really takes care of the older family members. When people found out that B's grandma was in the hospital they got on planes and drove across country to be there for her. :heart:

VintagePunk said:

I just...was surprised! I wasn't expecting it, wasn't doing anything...like I said, incredibly gorgeous people around me. :huh : I had to ask Sarah if she saw it, and if it was directed toward me. :lol :

Of course, nothing can beat your encounter! I was probably almost as thrilled for you as you were. :heart: :happy: I still remember looking at you, and seeing that you were visibly shaking. :cute : Remember when you came in the room and I was on the phone with family? I knew you'd gotten lucky. :) Makes me SO happy remembering that stuff. :happy:

I still don't know how the hell I found my way back to the hotel! :lmao: I was just drifting :drool:

I literally STILL have a physical reaction, like a surge of adrenaline when I think about it :love:

I'm always bragging about how you got to meet Larry. Isn't it funny? :heart: As awesome as the stuff with U2 was, it really was the time we got to spend together that made that trip what it was :love:

U2isthebest said:

I'm sorry Russty!:hug: I know what you're going through. Right now I just moved away to college for the first time, and I'm still adjusting. We just sold the only house I've ever lived in, and my parents are going through a divorce. On top of all that, my mom has cancer:sad: However, she should be fine w/in a couple months. Thank God! I hope and pray everything goes better for your family!

I just went back and saw this. :( I'm SO sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family, and I hope everything turns out fine. :hug:

Sad_Girl said:
Russty, you had a close encounter with Dik? :giggle:

Sorry :reject:

:lmao: Don't I wish! :giggle:

I think its so cute that Edge's parents even call him that. :heart:

I called my parents house yesterday trying to get B my brother answered the phone and he asked who was calling. I said it was Russty. I heard him go get B and tell him "Some chick name Russty? is on the phone for you." B took the phone and said "Hey babe." After we talked he got off the phone and my brother thought he had some girlfriend on the side! :lmao: B said its been weird callin me by my birth name for the last week. Hopefully they will get use to it more once I'm there.

Russty Cat said:

Your very welcome. I've totally been there so I understand how you feel. My parents were going to divorce years ago and my mom has been ill most of my life. About a year ago they sold my childhood home and moved to a smaller house. They ended up staying together thankfully after lots of counseling. But its still hard at time to see my mom struggling with everything. :heart: All you can do is just continue to love both your parents and try to form a life of your own.

VP it is so hard to get old. The one thing I'm thankful for in B's family is that everyone really takes care of the older family members. When people found out that B's grandma was in the hospital they got on planes and drove across country to be there for her. :heart:

Thanks Russty! I know that is exactly what I have to do, and what I'm determined to do. I'm glad you're parents were able to stay together. That's awesome! I'm sorry about your mom's health problems. I hope she actually gets better as she gets older I've heard of that happening. Once again, thanks for all the support!:hug:

Russty Cat said:

I called my parents house yesterday trying to get B my brother answered the phone and he asked who was calling. I said it was Russty. I heard him go get B and tell him "Some chick name Russty? is on the phone for you." B took the phone and said "Hey babe." After we talked he got off the phone and my brother thought he had some girlfriend on the side! :lmao: B said its been weird callin me by my birth name for the last week. Hopefully they will get use to it more once I'm there.

That's too cute :giggle:

VintagePunk said:

I just went back and saw this. :( I'm SO sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family, and I hope everything turns out fine. :hug:

Aww thanks!! VP. I'm sure it will! It's great to have support, so thank you so much it means a lot to me!:hug:

Sad_Girl said:

I still don't know how the hell I found my way back to the hotel! :lmao: I was just drifting :drool:

I literally STILL have a physical reaction, like a surge of adrenaline when I think about it :love:

I'm always bragging about how you got to meet Larry. Isn't it funny? :heart: As awesome as the stuff with U2 was, it really was the time we got to spend together that made that trip what it was :love:

Exactly! :love: :heart: What a crazy time.

I guess it's probably no huge secret that I'm not feeling a ton of the Bono lust these days :uhoh: but Edge and Larry, those guys are just AMAZING, my heros...both for totally different reasons. :heart: And I feel so priviledged to have met Larry, especially. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom