Pleban Girls Party - Memory Lane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:
Hi thora :hug: is your back a little better?

OMG that would be awful if PB just 'lost' or deleted an account like that :yikes: :uhoh:

Thanks for asking - it's a bit better, yes. I have a heating pad on it now, and that should do the trick for a few hours. :)

I know - that's why I was freaking out. There have been some crazy things going on with some of my other sites and stuff on the net lately, so I was hoping that nothing had been screwed up there. Thankfully everything is okay. :)

VP - I have backups of all the pics, but I'm just so damn lazy, and it would be such a bitch to re-upload them all. :laugh:

It's been fine, Brittany. I did my exercises and have been reading. Right now Harry Potter is on in the background. I'm not watching it too much, since it's on TV and they always cut so much out of movies. It's nice to have background noises.

VP, her daughter Sarah and I were together at the Detroit shows. dealing with the staff at the Palace was hellish, as was the cold weather, but the shows themselves were incredible :)

Bono and Adam's attention made it all worthwhile :drool: :combust:

Sad_Girl said:
VP, her daughter Sarah and I were together at the Detroit shows. dealing with the staff at the Palace was hellish, as was the cold weather, but the shows themselves were incredible :)

You forgot that the company made it the special event it was, despite the bad things. :angry:

:wink:

ThoraSEB said:
VP - I have backups of all the pics, but I'm just so damn lazy, and it would be such a bitch to re-upload them all. :laugh:

It's been fine, Brittany. I did my exercises and have been reading. Right now Harry Potter is on in the background. I'm not watching it too much, since it's on TV and they always cut so much out of movies. It's nice to have background noises.

That's good! I'm glad your back is feeling better! What are reading? I recently read "The Screwtape Letters" , and it was amazing! LOL. I'm watching SNL right now, and it's frickin' hilarious.:lmao:

VintagePunk said:

You forgot that the company made it the special event it was, despite the bad things. :angry:

:wink:

that, too :lol:

and Ruff :love:

and the hot cop, all the exciting action and adventure :wink:

Wasn't it in Detroit that Edge winked at Sarah, too? :love:

VintagePunk said:

:( :hug: I read about your problems a while back. Have you been having pain for a long time?

Yes, for about 11 years. I finally got diagnosed with scoliosis two weeks ago, and that explains everything. I just started going to a physiotherapist, and that has really helped a lot. I have to go once a week, and there's excercises I do every day that help with the pain tolerance. There's really no cure for it, but with constant visits to the physiotherapist and a chiropractor, I can prevent it from getting worse, and help manage the pain better.

Sad_Girl said:

that, too :lol:

and Ruff :love:

and the hot cop, all the exciting action and adventure :wink:

Wasn't it in Detroit that Edge winked at Sarah, too? :love:

He may have smiled and winked at her, but he smiled at me too, the next night. Not as good as both a smile and a wink, but I'll take it. :sigh: :wink:

Hot cop. :drool: Damn, I should have contacted him. I'm such an idiot sometimes. :|

U2isthebest said:

That's good! I'm glad your back is feeling better! What are reading? I recently read "The Screwtape Letters" , and it was amazing! LOL. I'm watching SNL right now, and it's frickin' hilarious.:lmao:

I'm alternating between U2 by U2, and a book called Why Mom's Are Weird.

I've stopped watching SNL. It used to be so awesome, but lately it has just bored me to tears. It's not as funny as it used to be, in my opinion. I'll watch if they have a host or musical guests that I like, but more often than not I just don't bother any more.

Sad_Girl said:

Yeah, LivLuv told me the staff at The Palace sucks, so I'm thinking of hitting Chicago on the next tour. I heard the staff and venue is 100% better! I did hear the shows were :drool: though in Detroit . Attention from Bono and Adam?...:combust: :faint:

VintagePunk said:

He may have smiled and winked at her, but he smiled at me too, the next night. Not as good as both a smile and a wink, but I'll take it. :sigh: :wink:

:lol:

absolutely! I got a scan-over from Edge once, but never a lot of attention (while he was on stage anyway - I love how he makes a point of looking people in the eye when he shakes hands :love: ) and I TRIED to get a glance from Larry - but he ALWAYS looked the other way when he heard me screaming his name :madwife:

I came VERY close to yelling some not so nice things at him, just to see if I could get him to scowl in my general direction :wink:

ThoraSEB said:

Yes, for about 11 years. I finally got diagnosed with scoliosis two weeks ago, and that explains everything. I just started going to a physiotherapist, and that has really helped a lot. I have to go once a week, and there's excercises I do every day that help with the pain tolerance. There's really no cure for it, but with constant visits to the physiotherapist and a chiropractor, I can prevent it from getting worse, and help manage the pain better.

I'm glad to hear you're getting some good results! :) I've had back pain since I was in an accident at 20. It's not fun, I know. :(

ThoraSEB said:

I'm alternating between U2 by U2, and a book called Why Mom's Are Weird.

I've stopped watching SNL. It used to be so awesome, but lately it has just bored me to tears. It's not as funny as it used to be, in my opinion. I'll watch if they have a host or musical guests that I like, but more often than not I just don't bother any more.

I agree! It's nowhere near what it was even 3 or 4 years ago. Everything went downhill after Will Ferrell, Tracy Morgan, Jimmy Fallon, and Chris Kattan left. Now Tina Fey is gone and it's just :sad: It is pretty hilarious this week though. It was also really good 2 weeks ago when Jamie Pressley hosted. I love "U2 by U2":drool: :drool: I got it 4 days ago and I'm already on the "HTDAAB" part. It's amazing!

ThoraSEB said:

:yes: We have it on here just because nothing else is on. Not 30 seconds ago, Sarah said "ugh, this show really sucks." :lol:

I think the last time I watched the entire show was when U2 was on. :lol:

I looked up the guests and I'm not really familiar with either of them, so I definitely won't bother tonight. Besides, I'll probably be in bed by that time anyways. :lol:

ThoraSEB said:

I'm glad you finally figured out what was going on. It's worse when they don't know, because it can't be treated. Now, you'll be able to get better, and have a lot less pain. That's awesome! I'm happy for you!:applaud:

I swear I feel like a secretary. :lol: I just had to answer the phone yet again and explain to a family member what the heck that has been going on with Bs family the last few days. I'm not answering anymore. :laugh:

And I just realized I never ate dinner. :lol:

I didn't get no Edge love. :( Sarah needs to stay away from him. :madwife: :wink:

ThoraSEB said:

I looked up the guests and I'm not really familiar with either of them, so I definitely won't bother tonight. Besides, I'll probably be in bed by that time anyways. :lol:

I loved the U2 episode. I wasn't a fan then, but I thought they were awesome that night. I do remember thinking it was weird when Bono was doing the "All of this...all of this can be yours" part and hanging on to Edge like that. I was so confused, I remember thinking "Wait, Is Bono gay?" Yes feel free to pelt me w/cyber insults. I knew absolutely nothing about U2 at the time..:banghead: :reject:

ThoraSEB said:

Early to bed people. It's Saturday night! :tsk: :wink:

Because I'm so exciting. :rolleyes: :lol:

Thora I'm so glad you got a dianosis. Living in pain is so hard at least now you can start dealing with it better. :hug: I have FMS, which causes constent pain and different issues, so I know how nice it can finally be to have some sort of hope in managing it.

Russty Cat said:
I swear I feel like a secretary. :lol: I just had to answer the phone yet again and explain to a family member what the heck that has been going on with Bs family the last few days. I'm not answering anymore. :laugh:

And I just realized I never ate dinner. :lol:

I didn't get no Edge love. :( Sarah needs to stay away from him. :madwife: :wink:

The thing is, he's not overtly flirty like Bono, so when his eyes meet yours, it's like "OMG, whoa!!!!" :combust: So unexpected when it happens. I like that. :D

Oh, how is B's grandma?? :( I was SO sorry to read that. :(

During the shows, I was too in awe to actively try to get anyone's attention, but I certainly stared at Bono everytime he was near me, which due to good positioning was quite often. From Bono? Nothing. Nada. :| One time I thought he was looking at me, then I realized that Ruff and Alli were next to me, and it was probably directed at Alli. :angry: I kid, of course...I adore Alli, a real sweetie. :heart: But I did get some Edge and Adam attention.

And meeting Bono...what an experience, I'll never forget that. :heart: So I guess I can forgive him for the lack of attention during shows. :| :wink:

VintagePunk said:

The thing is, he's not overtly flirty like Bono, so when his eyes meet yours, it's like "OMG, whoa!!!!" :combust: So unexpected when it happens. I like that. :D

Oh, how is B's grandma?? :( I was SO sorry to read that. :(

I would have totally :combust: if he did it to me. :giggle:

B's grandma is doing better tonight. Still not out of the woods, but at least she is concious and the swelling in her face is better. They also put a cast on her arm today, so that made me think that they have hope that she is going to live.

Yesterday though I found out that another member of our family fell and injured his eye so badly they had to remove it. I thought my MIL was kidding when she told me. Like seriously this much crap couldn't happen to one family in less then 24 hours. :no:

VintagePunk said:

Early to bed people. It's Saturday night! :tsk: :wink:

Because I'm so exciting. :rolleyes: :lol:

I know! I'm so incredibly lame. Last night I was in bed really early as well. :lol:

Originally posted by Russty Cat

Thora I'm so glad you got a dianosis. Living in pain is so hard at least now you can start dealing with it better. :hug: I have FMS, which causes constent pain and different issues, so I know how nice it can finally be to have some sort of hope in managing it.

Thanks, Russty! :hug: It is definitely wonderful that I now have ways of dealing with the pain. My doctor said I have probably had it for many years, if not most of my life, but it just started becoming noticeable. In the x-ray they took, you can totally see how crooked my spine is. It's freaky, but totally fascinating at the same time. I'm very interested in the human body, and how we work.

Somebody...:help: My Chemical Romance is the musical guest. :rolleyes: :banghead: :madwife: I'm going to go insane..I can't find the remote. Their lead singer looks like an Albino. His hair is literally white..:yikes:

I only made eye contact with B on stage once - but wow! :combust:

and Adam!!!! :faint: :love: that man was so sweet! I got several smiles, and a wave from him on stage :hyper:

and you don't even want to get me started on how sweet he was face to face :love:

Russty Cat said:

I would have totally :combust: if he did it to me. :giggle:

B's grandma is doing better tonight. Still not out of the woods, but at least she is concious and the swelling in her face is better. They also put a cast on her arm today, so that made me think that they have hope that she is going to live.

Yesterday though I found out that another member of our family fell and injured his eye so badly they had to remove it. I thought my MIL was kidding when she told me. Like seriously this much crap couldn't happen to one family in less then 24 hours. :no:

How awful! :( I got chills when I read it. Please keep us posted? My thoughts are with her and her family. :hug: A second one?? :yikes:

VintagePunk said:
During the shows, I was too in awe to actively try to get anyone's attention, but I certainly stared at Bono everytime he was near me, which due to good positioning was quite often. From Bono? Nothing. Nada. :| One time I thought he was looking at me, then I realized that Ruff and Alli were next to me, and it was probably directed at Alli. :angry: I kid, of course...I adore Alli, a real sweetie. :heart: But I did get some Edge and Adam attention.

And meeting Bono...what an experience, I'll never forget that. :heart: So I guess I can forgive him for the lack of attention during shows. :| :wink:

I get angry everytime I think about the fact that I won't ever be able to be down close during a show. :madwife: But I loved that I had seats in the celebrity section so that we ended up getting a nice wave and a smile from Sean Penn.

But meeting Bono in the parking lot made up for not getting to be able to be down front. I would love to get to meet the others sometime, but it would be more fun if we were all together when it happened. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom