Pleban Girls Party – looking for some lucky charms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, I read my reply through again, and I'm not being very clear, am I?
What I mean by dangerous is that people who doesn't need it can too easily get their hands on it, if it's legalized.

JezSnape said:
Ah, I read my reply through again, and I'm not being very clear, am I?
What I mean by dangerous is that people who doesn't need it can too easily get their hands on it, if it's legalized.

But what if it's perscribed?

I think people that are going to abuse it, can easily do so now....even if it is illegal. And people can also abuse perscription drugs legal now...

My little brother has Cystic Fibrosis and when he was younger, he always used to be nausious (sp?) and throw up (sorry I had to put that), he barely ate/gained weight. So my mom at one point looked (asked the doctor) into him taking it (in pill form) because it would've helped him gain weight, have an appetite, and not be so nausious (sp?)

:shrug:

That's just my view....you don't have to agree. I don't want to have a debate here :lol:

I can appreciate how marijuana can be medicinally helpful for some people, but I honestly think it's not a good idea.

Marijuana is often seen as a gateway drug. Most people start off by experimenting with marijuana, then often move onto other, harder things. Now, this is not necessarily true for all people, but it has been documented.

The danger could be that people would start with that and move to other illegal substances to get a better or longer high.

I'll be honest here, and admit that I've experimented a fair bit with drugs in my past. I first tried pot, then from there it was easy to move on to other drugs. Thankfully it was just a phase and I don't do them any more.

That's just my 2 cents.

Popping in for a sec while making dinner...

Sarah, I agree completely with you. :) For many of the reasons you stated, and then some. I don't see why ill people should suffer needlessly when there is a perfectly good solution available.

:lol: No, I don't mean to start a debate either. The way I look at it though, it's easier for me to get hold of the drug if someone in my family uses it. Yes, it's easy to get hold of otherwise too, but not as easy. Prescription is safer, but I still feel it's not safe enough.

Well, enough of that then :lol:
How are you otherwise?

Oh, btw, I've never tried any drugs at all. I eat aspirins, and I smoke. I only go to the doctor if I bleed, so I don't eat meds for sore throats or anything. Maybe my opinion is against drugs, since I've never used them... :shrug:

ThoraSEB said:
I think your paper sounds great so far, and I'm sure you'll do a good job on it! :D

I have a feeling in my intro I might just say something to the fact of "Some people believe that marijuana shouldn't be legallized because it could lead to other, more dangerous drugs. But I believe that..." Would you mind if I did that?

VintagePunk said:

Sarah, agree completely with you. :) For many of the reasons you stated, and then some.

:happy:

When I'm finished, I'll probably post the paper if you guys don't mind...

circa1992 said:

I have a feeling in my intro I might just say something to the fact of "Some people believe that marijuana shouldn't be legallized because it could lead to other, more dangerous drugs. But I believe that..." Would you mind if I did that?

:happy:

When I'm finished, I'll probably post the paper if you guys don't mind...

I think that's a great idea, Sarah! You should write what you believe about the issue. Didn't mean to get off on a tangent here! :D

I'm freezing half to death. Our heater (boiler? whatever you call it) doesn't work, so it's just egtting colder by the minute here... Otherwise I'm ok!

Oh, Thora, I got the Mp3 fixed by the way. It works, and no tracks lost :lol:

Drea, yes please! :hyper: :hug: If you have time...

:lmao: I'm on quizilla right now, doing lots of "which u2 ... are you?" So far, I am the Elevation tour, I am Larry's drumsticks, I am Adam's pop bass, and I'd most likely sleep with baby! Bono... :giggle:

JezSnape said:
Drea, yes please! : hyper: : hug: If you have time...

: lmao: I'm on quizilla right now, doing lots of "which u2 ... are you?" So far, I am the Elevation tour, I am Larry's drumsticks, I am Adam's pop bass, and I'd most likely sleep with baby! Bono... : giggle:

:giggle: I'm on MSN right now, I'll ping you and send them :) One at a time though, because my computer's slow :lol:

After I made a great salad and some marinaded chicken breasts, I discover that my salad dressing was past the due date. :angry: But did I give up?? No! I made my own!! Dug out a few things and made a nice creamy dill dressing from scratch! And OMG, is it ever good! :drool:

I'm practically Martha Stewart!! :happy:

Without the jail time.

Back
Top Bottom