Pleban Girls Party - Hot and out of breath

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
Thanks SG! :hug:

I was wondering how it went for you, as well, having dial-up and all. :crazy: That main page is ALWAYS slow to load for me. :angry:

yeah it can be a really big pain in the ass :madwife:

but at least I have an option to accelerate the reception of information (I just have to settle for low-rez images) and that helps a little when dealing with that sort of site

ThoraSEB said:
I have high-speed, and voting worked fine for the most part. Occasionally I would have a bit of trouble, but I managed to vote constantly for the better part of an hour. I don't know how many times I voted for Magni, but it was certainly a lot! : D

I've voted once or twice for this show before, but certainly not as much as I did last night! :wink: My best friend was power voting for Magni as well, and we were talking on our speakerphones as we were voting. It was kinda fun. :lol:

Maybe it was just the east coast that was overloaded?

I'm worried for Storm tonight. :( The guys have really been hard on her the past few weeks, and unreasonably so, IMO. It's almost as if once Zayra and Patrice were gone, they had to "groom" someone else for the bottom spot. :|

VintagePunk said:
Oh, S replied to my e-mail this morning, and I don't have to meet with him tomorrow. :hyper: :happy: He said he'd be in touch Tuesday, and we'll arrange something for next week. :bow:

that's a nice little reprieve :happy:

I usually don't have much trouble voting, and I vote at least 10 times each show. Last night it messed up a lot more than it usually does, for me anyway

VintagePunk said:

Maybe it was just the east coast that was overloaded?

I'm worried for Storm tonight. :( The guys have really been hard on her the past few weeks, and unreasonably so, IMO. It's almost as if once Zayra and Patrice were gone, they had to "groom" someone else for the bottom spot. :|

Maybe so. :shrug:

Yeah, I have a feeling she might be the one to go tonight. I really liked her performance last night, but from what the guys said to her after she was done seemed a bit like she's on shaky ground with them. I do enjoy her, and would like her to stay for longer. However, when it comes down to only 6 left, most of whom I love, it's hard to see any of them go.

I just remembered that the Supernova general ticket sale started this morning, so I checked TM, and I can get 6th row floors in a 2,000 seat venue. :lmao: Those tickets are selling like hotcakes. And no wonder, they're such quality performers. :rolleyes: :wink:

VintagePunk said:
I just remembered that the Supernova general ticket sale started this morning, so I checked TM, and I can get 6th row floors in a 2,000 seat venue. :lmao: Those tickets are selling like hotcakes. And no wonder, they're such quality performers. :rolleyes: :wink:

I doubt they'll sell well before the lead singer is decided - I would pay well to see Toby or Ryan but considerably less to see others - and in at least one case, you would have to pay ME to get me to go see them perform :lol:

Bri :hyper: :happy: that makes me very happy! :heart: I've been trying to get myself working on it again, but I've been finding a million little ways to keep distracting myself from getting any work done :reject:

What chapter are you on? :happy:

Hello Wayne :wave: how're you today?

VintagePunk said:

:lmao: *runs off to check her location at TM **

Hi Wayne!

~BrightestStar~ said:

Awww, your first birthday present of the day! Yay! :happy:

Glad you're getting a bit of a break. :hug:

thanks! :hug: I'm not working the rest of today, but I still have a considerable amount to get done before next week....I still have to go through all the tests I've done and look over the numbers, and to be honest, it's been so long since I've taken a stats course, I don't even remember what the numbers mean, anymore. :reject: :lmao: So, I have to go over my old notes and texts and refresh my memory. :shifty: Then I have to go back over my intro to the project and list my various hypotheses... :crack:

Sad_Girl said:

I doubt they'll sell well before the lead singer is decided - I would pay well to see Toby or Ryan but considerably less to see others - and in at least one case, you would have to pay ME to get me to go see them perform :lol

Bri :hyper: :happy: that makes me very happy! :heart: I've been trying to get myself working on it again, but I've been finding a million little ways to keep distracting myself from getting any work done :reject

What chapter are you on? :happy

I agree, until there's a lead singer, I doubt they'll sell very much at all.:yes:

Awww!:hug:
I felt so bad that I hadn't been keeping up. :reject: And it's not that I didn't want to, I really am loving the story, I just hadn't had a chance especially when I was finishing Dante.
But now I'm all yours. :flirt:
It really is a great story too. :drool:

As I recall, I'm about half way thru chp 13.
And if I remember right, chp 14 contains the character I want to see...:hyper: :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

I doubt they'll sell well before the lead singer is decided - I would pay well to see Toby or Ryan but considerably less to see others - and in at least one case, you would have to pay ME to get me to go see them perform :lol:

Honestly, what I've seen from the band and their original songs so far, I've been less than impressed...I think they suck. :| I don't think any of the performers "winning" would necessarily be a good thing.

I did hear though, and I'm not sure if it's just a rumour at this point (it was in Paul's blog), that the house band may tour with some of the contestants at a later date. Now that, I'd pay big to see...the house band rules!! :drool: :love:

Hi Wayne :wave:

ThoraSEB said:
Hah! Front row is available! Front and centre! :lmao: I'm not paying $95 plus charges to see them, though. :tsk: That's way too much to charge. :shame:

:lmao: :lmao: OMG, that's hilarious!!! Yeah, I might pay 30 or 40 to see them, but not more than that. :|

See my above post about the house band! :hyper: :fingerscrossed:

See you SG! :hug:

VintagePunk said:

Honestly, what I've seen from the band and their original songs so far, I've been less than impressed...I think they suck. :| I don't think any of the performers "winning" would necessarily be a good thing.

I did hear though, and I'm not sure if it's just a rumour at this point (it was in Paul's blog), that the house band may tour with some of the contestants at a later date. Now that, I'd pay big to see...the house band rules!! :drool: :love:

I agree 100%. The song they did with Toby, while performed relatively well, was totally suck-tastic. WTF kind of lyrics were those?! Hey hey hey, ho ho ho?! Good grief. Awful. :tsk:

I would totally pay to see the House Band! They're incredible! :hyper: :rockon:

And yes, I'd only pay around 30 or 40 to see Supernova. Anything more than that is simply ridiculous.

VintagePunk said:

thanks! :hug: I'm not working the rest of today, but I still have a considerable amount to get done before next week....I still have to go through all the tests I've done and look over the numbers, and to be honest, it's been so long since I've taken a stats course, I don't even remember what the numbers mean, anymore. :reject: :lmao: So, I have to go over my old notes and texts and refresh my memory. :shifty: Then I have to go back over my intro to the project and list my various hypotheses... :crack:

Twould be a very sad day indeed if you had to do stats on your birthday.
In fact, I wouldn't allow it.:angry:

;)

I'm sure you'll surprise yourself and find that once you start reviewing some of your notes that it'll come back to you alot faster than expected.

You can do it!
cheerleader.gif

:hug:

ThoraSEB said:
Hah! Front row is available! Front and centre! :lmao: I'm not paying $95 plus charges to see them, though. :tsk: That's way too much to charge. :shame:

Omg, seriously?! :lmao:!!!

They'll make more from the show then they will from their tour at this rate....
In fact, they probably figured that, the show must be making a ton in advertising.

Bye SG!:hug:

:wave:

Can't stay, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back on here, but you all just calm down, I'm not dead :D

It's crazy busy here though, and I'm doing three thousand things at once here. You'd think they'd start you off easy, but no :scream: I'm sick, and I'm tired, and I have to be up early tomorrow.

Love y'all though! :hug:

See you later!

ThoraSEB said:

I would totally pay to see the House Band! They're incredible! :hyper: :rockon:

Studio musicians very often blow live musicians out of the water. :yes: They have to be extremely proficient at what they do to get hired. :drool: And from the two songs I've heard, they're bass and drum heavy...I'm seeing what people mean now, Gilby's certainly not a great lead guitarist, and so I think the guitar parts on the songs have been minimized because of that. No great rock riffs. :sad: And yeah, the lyrics? :yikes: Toby's song was slightly better than Dilana's (comparing the songs themselves, not the vocal performances), but both of them had me rolling my eyes.

~BrightestStar~ said:

Twould be a very sad day indeed if you had to do stats on your birthday.
In fact, I wouldn't allow it.:angry :

;)

I'm sure you'll surprise yourself and find that once you start reviewing some of your notes that it'll come back to you alot faster than expected.

You can do it!
cheerleader.gif

:hug:

I sure hope so. :uhoh: But thanks for the vote of confidence. :hug: :kiss:

If the meeting had been tomorrow, I would have had to come home from dinner, and then work straight through till morning, and I still wouldn't have been close to being done, so yeah, S did me a HUGE favour. :bow:

Hi Dazzled!!! :hug: How are you? YOu're on so briefly these days. :sad:

Hi/bye Jez! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom