Pleban Girls Party - having lunch with sweet Holy Joe at K-mart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was an old running joke around here because of a little mix-up of words - someone mentioned the song 'Holy Joe' and K-mart in the same sentence and it was all down hill from there. Sort of like 'Holy rusted metal Batman!'

"Sweet holy joe at K-mart!" :shocked:

no? still only amusing to me? :uhoh::reject:

I'm all right thanks :)

I'm sort of struggling with a compulsion :uhoh: I want to call my friend Gavin - even though we just talked yesterday, I don't have anything new to say and it costs a bloody fortune to call him :lol:

but I just love to listen to him talk :love:

(He's from Manchester :cute: )

I'm doing pretty good, thanks. :)

I don't blame you for wanting to talk to Gavin. I'm a sucker for accents too. :wink: I melt into a lovely puddle of goo every time I talk to a friend of mine who is from Australia. :love:

My first boyfriend was Scottish, and I think I stayed with him longer than I should have, just because his voice was so sexy! :lol: :reject:

ThoraSEB said:
I'm doing pretty good, thanks. :)

I don't blame you for wanting to talk to Gavin. I'm a sucker for accents too. :wink: I melt into a lovely puddle of goo every time I talk to a friend of mine who is from Australia. :love:

My first boyfriend was Scottish, and I think I stayed with him longer than I should have, just because his voice was so sexy! :lol: :reject:

Scottish and Australian are both good accents as well :drool: :laugh:

I had a friend in Dublin I used to call once in a grat while - I could hardly understand a word he said but damn :combust: :lol:

we lost touch a couple of years ago though :sigh:

BonosBaby12 said:
Awwww that's a great compulsion to have to fight! Love accents :cute:

If the compulsion becomes too great you could always make up an excuse just to call for a few minutes :giggle:

:lol: I can see it

*ring ring*
G: Hello?
L: Hi, Gav, it's Lynda
G: Hi Lynda how are you?
L: Fine, listen, can't talk long. I just wanted to ask, do you prefer coffee or tea?
G: :eyebrow: uhhh - Tea
L: Hmm. interesting. Ok, thanks. Love you, bye bye!
G: Ummm love you too. Bye? :confused:

:lmao:

Ah yes, cannot forget the Irish! :wink: I loved living in Ireland - the guys there were fantastic! :lol: But then again I think most of the guys I met were drunk as skunks, and would hit on anything with long hair and boobs. :lmao:

:lol: Do it, SG! :D

Sad_Girl said:

*ring ring*
L: Fine, listen, can't talk long. I just wanted to ask, do you prefer coffee or tea?

:lmao:

See you already have it planned out with what you will say! Nothing like getting a quick fix :lmao:

ThoraSEB said:
Ah yes, cannot forget the Irish! :wink: I loved living in Ireland - the guys there were fantastic! :lol: But then again I think most of the guys I met were drunk as skunks, and would hit on anything with long hair and boobs. :lmao:

:lol: that's pretty much what Ronan was like :wink:

ThoraSEB said:

:lol: Do it, SG! :D

G: Mum was right, American girls are completely insane!:uhoh:

:wink:

BonosBaby12 said:

But were are so darn loveable too :giggle:

Ok now you guys have me wishing that Mike had an accent :lol:

:p make him learn to fake one just for you :flirt:

actually Gavin has told me more than once how much he likes my 'Cute American accent' :happy: :cute: :giggle:

When I was in Europe, people couldn't figure out where I was from. My accent is a mixture of American and Canadian, so it confused the hell out of them. :lol:

BonosBaby12 said:

Very good idea thanks for the suggestion :sexywink:

Awwwwww that's so sweet! Especially when he says it with his accent :cute:

:yes: :cute:

Thora - I can imagine that was entertaining :wink:

Everyone in Toronto asked if I was from Buffalo :huh: :lol:

heck, I didn't even think I had an accent :wink:

Bye Shannon :hug: you have a nice day too

See you later, Shannnon! :hug:

Alas, I need to be productive too. Today isn't as high stress as yesterday was, but there are things to be done.

See you all later! :hug:

And yes, SG - it was definitely amusing! :lol:

:grumpy: Zee told me I had a dutch accent.... I so don't want to have a dutch accent, cuz they usually talk crap....

could it have been cuz it was like... 1.45 in the morning? :hmm:

Hi ladies :hug:

WOOHOOO I've a new record :hyper:

I played WITS 600 times since dec. 23rd... with a pause of one whole week, but I've seen it on tv many times during that week :yes:

Sad_Girl said:

*ring ring*

:lol: Loves it!! I am happy to see I am not the only one that has done this sort of thing...

I would totally do it again too.

Hope everyone is having a good day.:wave:

Back
Top Bottom