Pleban Girls Party - having lunch with sweet Holy Joe at K-mart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Work sucks... but it's good to pay the bills. :slant:

Had a short week with the day off today, which is cool... listening to the Hottest 100 countdown on the radio, all these drunk people calling the station from Australia day parties :laugh:

My brother just arrived... I gave him the bootlegs from the two Melbourne shows :D

yeah, paying bills, that's what I keep telling myself as I'm standing at work just ready to bolt and make a run for it. Must....pay....bills.....

So, it's Australia Day? Is that like your independence day or something? (showing my ignorance, sorry!) A big national holiday, I take it? Fun!

Congrats on the job anyway, for what it's worth! Unemployment sucks more. :(

Yep, Australia Day is the anniversary of the First Fleet landing near Sydney with a bunch of settlers and convicts and British officers and stuff, in 1788. Aboriginal people usually refer to it as Invasion Day, which is fair enough. :|

Still, we get a nation-wide public holiday, which is always welcome :)

I think that it's also the anniversary of Australia becoming our own country (federation) in 1901, although that was a fairly low-key event compared to America's independance. No wars :wink:

Hey, you're a million times more likely to see Bono at your work than I am at mine! :)
(Although my fevered imagination entertained me for a week while they were in town, inventing ways it might possibly happen.) :reject:

Alisaura said:
Those vids sound cool, I must remember to look at them when I get home...
Does Larry have cat-phobia or something? I keep seeing people mention him fleeing from kittens... and then there's that smiley someone made... :confused:

I can't seem to remember where the article was printed, but there was an interview with them which was set outside, and apparently a kitten came out onto the deck, and Larry became visibly nervous. It came his way and sort of pounced at his leg or something and the interviewer described it as (Paraphrasing here) the macho drummer screamed like a girl. When the interviewer questioned him about it Larry informed him that he had "a very bad experience with a cat as a child'

I'll look and see if I can find the article so I can tell you who wrote it and for what magazine

Sad_Girl said:

I can't seem to remember where the article was printed, but there was an interview with them which was set outside, and apparently a kitten came out onto the deck, and Larry became visibly nervous. It came his way and sort of pounced at his leg or something and the interviewer described it as (Paraphrasing here) the macho drummer screamed like a girl. When the interviewer questioned him about it Larry informed him that he had "a very bad experience with a cat as a child'

I'll look and see if I can find the article so I can tell you who wrote it and for what magazine

I think it was a Q magazine interview :hmm:

oh my word...

he spoke again

heavy voice.... thick accent....

:faint:

*GG can currently not come to the pc since she died of Bonohotness overload, please leave messages for her to read later...*

Back
Top Bottom