Pleban Girls Party: Going Crazy for the Boys Tonight .... and every night!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm gonna sort this stupid Interference gallery thing and then start cookin' or so... :crack:

They gave up the place they had last year, which wasn't all that nice anyway (but it was really close to the school, just across the street) because the other two wanted a different place, although Sarah was fine there.

So, the one girl went to the city and looked at a few places, fell in love with one, sent the link to Sarah, and then we went to see it a few days later. It only had a tiny kitchen, no eating area, and just a tiny living room. Sarah didn't like it. So we went to see another place that Sarah fell in love with. She contacted the girl, who is almost impossible to get ahold of, told her the first place was impractical (the girl liked it because it was "quirky"), told her about the second place. The girls said she wouldn't live at the second place, she wanted something more "urban." Meanwhile, the girl had left to hitchhike (!!!) to British Columbia with her boyfriend to pick cherries for the summer (they think they're hippies - seriously :cute: ), so it was up to Sarah to do all the legwork to look for a new place, which of course means it was up to me to drive her to the city where the school is, and to take her around to places. It was a huge clusterfuck for a few weeks. Anyway, she found a place in a residential area about a 15 minute walk from the school, fairly close to downtown. It's a really nice house, just renovated, the landlord seems awesome, so it's all good.

ohai. how much do I owe you for my Croke shirt?

:uhoh: Well, uhm. Nothing yet.

:reject: I was gonna send it today but we went on a trip and got back after the post office closed! Tomorrow we're going to Utrecht so probably won't be back in time either. Wednesday Amsterdam..

I think the first possibility I have will be my birthday, have to get shitloads of groceries that day anyway so I'll send it thursday!

They gave up the place they had last year, which wasn't all that nice anyway (but it was really close to the school, just across the street) because the other two wanted a different place, although Sarah was fine there.

So, the one girl went to the city and looked at a few places, fell in love with one, sent the link to Sarah, and then we went to see it a few days later. It only had a tiny kitchen, no eating area, and just a tiny living room. Sarah didn't like it. So we went to see another place that Sarah fell in love with. She contacted the girl, who is almost impossible to get ahold of, told her the first place was impractical (the girl liked it because it was "quirky"), told her about the second place. The girls said she wouldn't live at the second place, she wanted something more "urban." Meanwhile, the girl had left to hitchhike (!!!) to British Columbia with her boyfriend to pick cherries for the summer (they think they're hippies - seriously :cute: ), so it was up to Sarah to do all the legwork to look for a new place, which of course means it was up to me to drive her to the city where the school is, and to take her around to places. It was a huge clusterfuck for a few weeks. Anyway, she found a place in a residential area about a 15 minute walk from the school, fairly close to downtown. It's a really nice house, just renovated, the landlord seems awesome, so it's all good.

:crack: Sounds like a royal pain in the arse! Couldn't she just separate from that girl and find new roommates to get in the house she liked?
Ah well, at least you found a nice place!

Ok, let me know! :hyper:

I wish I could clone it!

:reject: I bought one for my friend taking care of Miep, I bought one for you, bought one for myself. And still I had the nagging feeling I was forgetting someone. Came home.... and realised I was going to get one for Danny as well. :uhoh:

:crack: Sounds like a royal pain in the arse! Couldn't she just separate from that girl and find new roommates to get in the house she liked?
Ah well, at least you found a nice place!

Well, the house she ended up getting has 5 bedrooms, but unlike many places, the landlord is renting the rooms separately (most places you have to take the whole house, and you're responsible for finding people to fill it). So she said that if the girl wasn't happy with that place, Sarah (and the third person, who is also not here, he's in the Yukon working at a resort, but he told Sarah to go ahead and get any place, he'd be fine with whatever she chose - guys are SO much easier to please than girls) would have taken two of the rooms anyway, and the girl would have been on her own.

See you Ali, hi Kristen :wave:

Well, the house she ended up getting has 5 bedrooms, but unlike many places, the landlord is renting the rooms separately (most places you have to take the whole house, and you're responsible for finding people to fill it). So she said that if the girl wasn't happy with that place, Sarah (and the third person, who is also not here, he's in the Yukon working at a resort, but he told Sarah to go ahead and get any place, he'd be fine with whatever she chose - guys are SO much easier to please than girls) would have taken two of the rooms anyway, and the girl would have been on her own.

See you Ali, hi Kristen :wave:

Ah! Here you just buy/rent a room for yourself usually. Makes sense. And yeah, if she isn't happy, get rid of her. :D

I think the first possibility I have will be my birthday, have to get shitloads of groceries that day anyway so I'll send it thursday!

Note to self: GG's b'day is Thursday.

I just disappeared, doing an art project with the little one. Lunch time soon. :hmm: coldcuts and rice cake or indulge in a pc of leftover pizza???

What's for dinner, GG, chinese?

I opted for the pizza, offset by carrots and water. Stoopid diet - I'd much rather just have 3 slices of pizza. It's Newman's Own :drool:

:wave: hi GG2 & KCNDA

I'm at art now, but on the way in-
I'm on vacation :yippie::heart::zen: house-sitting at my sis's for 6 more days - since i'm traveling southward from upper Manhattan to lower Man. (vs from Brooklyn northward)- I stopped at our biggest & longest running Green Market in all of the buroughs >at Union :heart: Square { 26+ yrs} .

Didn't have much $, but I got 2 heirloom tomatoes :drool::drool:, a curled japaneese Cucumber and a type of summer squash Avocado Squash I've never had before.

The Av squash is supposed to have a almost creamy, smooth texture with a mildly nutty taste. Sounds yummy.
I will sauté with a little olive oil, a little garlic (vs alot :lol: ) just to really compare it to yellow, patty pan, an Italian (light green) squash, or zucchini. :D

Couldn't afford the new crop of onions, today, so will get some for sauteing & raw from supermarket.

Since no one's around ( a show today) I'll go over to the other threads and catch with this one (and last :uhoh: )

I'll be here till around 7:30PM :wave:

Back
Top Bottom