Pleban Girls Party - get out the green jell-o for the St Paddy's day wrestling!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey ali :wave:

i'm good! got a lot of stuff done at school today - i've nearly finished this painting project that we have due in a few weeks & yeah, i'm pretty stoked about that :) oh! and i had a nice old jam on the bass with my flatmate lastnight...rock on :rockon:
how about you? still at work?

Woohoo! Bass jam... :drool: Does your flatmate play guitar then?
I've never played with anyone, unless you count my bass teacher from 5 years ago... :reject:

Nah, I'm home now... thinking I should go do some practice, actually :D

What sort of painting project is it? Do we get to see pictures? :wink:

she plays keyboard/piano, so yeah...i'm so lad she suggested it...had a fun old time! didn't feel so bad about my playing either - i think things are sinking in & i'm a bit more co-ordinated now that i'm more used to playing it...
haha! surprisingly, with my obsession for documenting things with my phone, i have totally neglected to do so with my painting! the project is really cool actually....we grid up a piece of paper/canvas/board/etc with 64 10cmx10cm squares, and along each side we list a particular medium and so what happens is we can only use a particular medium in certain squares - and they all overlap so you get this mad looking mixed-media type experiment. i've only taken one picture...when i had barely done anything! haha! and now i've nearly finished....so much for charting progress!

*gets distracted by Caption thread* Sorry :D

The jam sounds awesome... I think I'd be too embarrassed to do that, although one of my piano-playing friends and I keep talking about getting together and bashing out New Year's Day, since we both know that one (sort of) :wink:

That does sound like a cool project... I wanna see it now :) So by medium, do you mean like acrylic paint on one side, pencils on another, pastels, watercolours, etc?

*eating dinner*

oh i stuff up all the time! but i dunnow, i think i pick up enough to get by....i'm just trying to start with basslines that are a bit easier...

yeah...graphite (pencil), charcoal, acrylic, oil paint, etc and yeah, they all mix & match...it's interesting to see what happens when certain mediums mix together...

Alisaura said:
I can imagine... :hmm:
*also eating dinner* Mmm, sausages.

You can't go past WOWY for an easy bassline :D

:lmao: that was the first song I wanted to learn! It's simple, but IMO also his best! :drool:

vertigo is pretty easy too...

I was listening to music with a pair of headphones last night, because I tend to pick up a lot of detail that way that I miss when I just turn on the stereo, and I was thinking to myself as I listened to WOWY that the bass line in that really defined the entire song :up:

:lol: great minds and all of that, I guess, Eh?

I wrote down the Vertigo tab somewhere, but do you think I can find it? :lol: I can remember the first bit, but I'll need to write it down again for the rest... :der:

Sad_Girl said:
I was listening to music with a pair of headphones last night, because I tend to pick up a lot of detail that way that I miss when I just turn on the stereo, and I was thinking to myself as I listened to WOWY that the bass line in that really defined the entire song :up:

U2 though headphones :drool: :love: You're right, there are so many bits that you miss without the headphones on.
And yeah, the bass pretty much carries WOWY, with Edge doing his Infinite guitar thing... Simple but effective :love:
The WOWY tab I wrote down years ago has this slidey thing he sometimes does live, too... it's like E:- 10/17/19/15/10/17/7/3 ...

Hello thread :wave:
*goes to work*

Back
Top Bottom