Pleban Girls Party- Even our computers love Bono!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Weldy! :hug:

Sami, what have been your weakest areas in the course? Where do you get the lowest marks - tests, essays, etc? You could ask the teacher what he would like to see, in order for you to improve your marks. Teachers have such individual tastes as to what makes up a good paper, and it's really difficult for students to adjust sometimes. :(

VintagePunk said:
:ohmy: Bri has become an advertising slogan machine.

Btw, did you realize before that she of the links I sent you was only in high school?? :yikes: I had no idea...

I noticed that too!! I mean, I knew she was younger, but my gosh!! :ohmy:

http://www.thesurrealist.co.uk/slogan.cgi?word=Brighteststar
Procrastination at it's best :drool:
Someone posted it on my programmes site.

Turn Loose The Brighteststar.

:wink:

I saw you didn't sleep well the other day. :( :hug:
I tried to start doing some studying last night, but fell asleep with my text twice. :uhoh:
The stress of monday probably didn't help. :grumpy:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Ok...I understand....I'm tired too....I didn't go to sleep until between 9-10am this morning.....:hug:

I did the same thing yesterday. :sigh: Up ALL FREAKIN' NIGHT LONG, didn't get to sleep till 10 am, then back up at 2. Last night up till 4:30 and then up at 9 this morning. :crazy:

VintagePunk said:
Weldy! :hug:

Sami, what have been your weakest areas in the course? Where do you get the lowest marks - tests, essays, etc? You could ask the teacher what he would like to see, in order for you to improve your marks. Teachers have such individual tastes as to what makes up a good paper, and it's really difficult for students to adjust sometimes. :(

it's my tests...I've gotten D's on all of them. That is SO not like me, I'm a straight A student :angel: :wink: I'm going to ask him but I don't know what he can do! I mean, I feel like I know all the subjects and when I walk out of the class after a test I feel like I didn't know some of the answers to the questions, even though I knew about the subject the questions were talking about... and then I get these horrible grades.

~BrightestStar~ said:

I saw you didn't sleep well the other day. :( :hug:
I tried to start doing some studying last night, but fell asleep with my text twice. :uhoh:
The stress of monday probably didn't help. :grumpy:

:shame: We might share the same brain, but you don't need to adopt my sleep patterns, young lady.

Texts are great sleep inducers. :happy: When I couldn't sleep last night, I started reading over my fan-fic, and 7 pages in I was sound asleep. :lmao: :uhoh:

sami0201 said:

it's my tests...I've gotten D's on all of them. That is SO not like me, I'm a straight A student :angel: :wink: I'm going to ask him but I don't know what he can do! I mean, I feel like I know all the subjects and when I walk out of the class after a test I feel like I didn't know some of the answers to the questions, even though I knew about the subject the questions were talking about... and then I get these horrible grades.

You get your tests back right?
What exactly are you losing marks for?
Are you getting factual data wrong? dates and names mixed up?
Or in essays, are you not answering or saying, what he wants you to say?

sami0201 said:

What types of questions seem to be your worst - essay, t/f, short answer, multiple choice?

Fly!! :hug: I saw you had fun at DMB the other night. :)

~BrightestStar~ said:

we don't get them back :| I'm sure if I ask him he'll show them to me...but I don't think there's one specific thing I'm losing marks for, because on every test I come thisclose to failing...it can't just be doing bad in one section or something. We don't have essays on our tests, so it's not that :shrug:

:sigh:

VintagePunk said:

I did the same thing yesterday. :sigh: Up ALL FREAKIN' NIGHT LONG, didn't get to sleep till 10 am, then back up at 2. Last night up till 4:30 and then up at 9 this morning. :crazy:

Yea...my dad yelled at me yesterday and it messed up my sleep pattern somewhat. I used to go to sleep at around 6-7am...now it's 9-10am. :sigh:

:hug:

Today...a cramp woke me up at 5:08pm tonight.

VintagePunk said:

What types of questions seem to be your worst - essay, t/f, short answer, multiple choice?

~BrightestStar~ said:

:yikes: :uhoh:

PC040046_edited-1sm.jpg

:drool: :combust:

VintagePunk said:

:shame We might share the same brain, but you don't need to adopt my sleep patterns, young lady.

Oh, I think it's far too late my dear. :sigh:

Monday was draining tho, I got a few hours sleep. Handed in my essay all fine and dandy. The, I had a few hours until my stats group project was due (the music thing)..so we go to meet up. One girl didn't due her stuff over the weekend....:| (and unlike me and the other girl she didn't have her essay due on monday..= she had NO exuse)...So we have to do all her calculations. Then finish up all the other parts, then edit...all in 2 hrs. Then we had printer issues. And omg, the girl who didn't do her part does *not* work well under pressure..she was so freaking. Making work progression even slower :mad:
And then we were *late*...and somehow me, the asthmatic one, was volunteered to hurry across campus and look pathetic, and plead with the professor. (Mind you, panting and gasping I prob DID look pretty pathertic :lol: )
And he did accept it, without counting it late.
But my god, it was draining.

Texts are great sleep inducers. happy: When I couldn't sleep last night, I started reading over my fan-fic, and 7 pages in I was sound asleep. :lmao: :uhoh

They are! Better than sleeping pills! :lol:

And I would *not* equate your story with my statistics textbook. :shame:
:laugh:

FlyYourKite said:

Oh did I ever! :hyper: It was fantastic. :bow: Though being in the ACC again made me a little sad :lol:

How are you doing? :hug: Apart from the sleepiness?

Well, I found out today that my advisor doesn't hate me, as I'd feared. :lol: I seem to have had somewhat of a persecution complex lately. :reject: :lol:

Things are just beginning to get back on track for school...just need to get this sleeping straightened around so i can be productive instead of spinning my wheels.

How goes the studying?

VintagePunk said:

Well, I found out today that my advisor doesn't hate me, as I'd feared. :lol: I seem to have had somewhat of a persecution complex lately. :reject: :lol:

Things are just beginning to get back on track for school...just need to get this sleeping straightened around so i can be productive instead of spinning my wheels.

How goes the studying?

:lol: Well that's good news! :hug:

The studying is going pretty well...my exam on Saturday shouldn't be too bad, it's the one on Wednesday I'm freaking out about. Worth 50%, cumulative and a binder big enough to make trees cry. :sad:

:yikes: Bri! Sorry to hear you had such a stressful Monday!

sami0201 said:

we don't get them back :| I'm sure if I ask him he'll show them to me...but I don't think there's one specific thing I'm losing marks for, because on every test I come thisclose to failing...it can't just be doing bad in one section or something. We don't have essays on our tests, so it's not that :shrug:

:sigh:

You *should* defineatly ask to see them.
You need to see what is causing your problems, and they only way you can do that is to see your mistakes, and learn from them.

Do you have short answer questions?

My old history tests were usually broken down into:
Multiple choice
T/F and/or Fill in the blank
Short Answer/define
Essay

~BrightestStar~ said:

Oh, I think it's far too late my dear. :sigh:

Monday was draining tho, I got a few hours sleep. Handed in my essay all fine and dandy. The, I had a few hours until my stats group project was due (the music thing)..so we go to meet up. One girl didn't due her stuff over the weekend....:| (and unlike me and the other girl she didn't have her essay due on monday..= she had NO exuse)...So we have to do all her calculations. Then finish up all the other parts, then edit...all in 2 hrs. Then we had printer issues. And omg, the girl who didn't do her part does *not* work well under pressure..she was so freaking. Making work progression even slower :mad:
And then we were *late*...and somehow me, the asthmatic one, was volunteered to hurry across campus and look pathetic, and plead with the professor. (Mind you, panting and gasping I prob DID look pretty pathertic :lol: )
And he did accept it, without counting it late.
But my god, it was draining.

They are! Better than sleeping pills! :lol:

And I would *not* equate your story with my statistics textbook. :shame:
:laugh:

That sucks. I SO would have blown the whistle on that girl. :mad: Glad you got the day over with though, and that other than your mental state, there was no harm done.

Let me know when you get your paper back - I'm excited! :hyper:

~BrightestStar~ said:

You *should* defineatly ask to see them.
You need to see what is causing your problems, and they only way you can do that is to see your mistakes, and learn from them.

Do you have short answer questions?

My old history tests were usually broken down into:
Multiple choice
T/F and/or Fill in the blank
Short Answer/define
Essay

nope...just 50 multiple choice questions

Back
Top Bottom