Pleban Girls Party - directing our attention 'Down Under'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
down under! :drool:

Hi Diane!!! :hug: OMG I haven't talked to you in soooo long! How are you?

I don't know if you saw my post in the last thread...I was just at a virtual U2 concert at Second Life!! It used a Detroit concert (a night in which they played Gloria, Crumbs and Bad...great setlist!) and I was shamelessly flirting with the virtual Adam!!!

Diane, what's a virtual concert? :scratch:

VP, haven't heard them before but I'll check them out.

Ruff, I'm fine!!! I've wanted to write you a PM, but in my usual Diane fashion, never did. I got a full-time job at the library where I was working, finances are still not where I'd like them to be, but I now have a pension and health insurance, which is extremely important.

So, how are YOU??? I understand you presented at an AIDS conference in Nashville, that's terrific!

Sad_Girl said:

:lmao: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *catchesbreath*

Hi Diane :hug: I was at that show! :rockon:

and we had a sad goodbye :( isn't that the last time we all saw each other?

Diane L said:
Ruff, I'm fine!!! I've wanted to write you a PM, but in my usual Diane fashion, never did. I got a full-time job at the library where I was working, finances are still not where I'd like them to be, but I now have a pension and health insurance, which is extremely important.

So, how are YOU??? I understand you presented at an AIDS conference in Nashville, that's terrific!

Oh, yay! I'm so glad you got a full-time position!!!!!! The money will get better after you are there a bit, I'm sure...steady income and all that. I know you were getting really frustrated, so this is awesome news :applaud:

yes, i gave a paper last weekend that went very well :up:

ruffian said:
Diane, what's a virtual concert? :scratch:

VP, haven't heard them before but I'll check them out.

They have a song that's currently being played on the radio, Hate Me....and you watched Rockstar, right? Zayra covered another of their songs, Razorblade...her b/f is apparently their manager. They have like 4 or 5 albums, they're out of Texas (Austin?)...I can't say enough good about them. the url I gave has about 12 of their songs. I can recommend facourites.

*spreading the gospel of Blue October* :drool:

VintagePunk said:

They have a song that's currently being played on the radio, Hate Me....and you watched Rockstar, right? Zayra covered another of their songs, Razorblade...her b/f is apparently their manager. They have like 4 or 5 albums, they're out of Texas (Austin?)...I can't say enough good about them. the url I gave has about 12 of their songs. I can recommend facourites.

*spreading the gospel of Blue October* :drool:

oh, ok...i know that song. love the guys voice but don't like that song. but i'll listen to the other stuff. OMG, Zayra was such a basket case :yikes: was it my imagination or could she not sing...AT ALL!??

Diane L said:
I don't know if you saw my post in the last thread...I was just at a virtual U2 concert at Second Life!! It used a Detroit concert (a night in which they played Gloria, Crumbs and Bad...great setlist!) and I was shamelessly flirting with the virtual Adam!!!

That show!!!! :drool: Kinda made up for smacking up my car. :grumpy: :lmao:

Ruff, Second Life is my new addiction. It is a sim game you play online. There is a lot to do and see on there, and there is tremendous potential in this world for education (there are libraries on it with real-life librarians manning reference desks), gatherings like prayer groups and political discussions, cultural events (there is a dance troupe there) and more.

The virtual concert had avatars that looked like Our Guys at an outdoor arena (with two side stages with the Vertigo logo on them...no elllipse, though). They played the Detroit concert, and virtual Bono, Edge and Larry performed as well as a sim can. Adam wasn't on stage, but someone had him "talking"...we were blowing kisses and such! It was surprisingly exciting and authentic.

But of course, not as good as the real thing. Are you still going to New Zealand?

~BrightestStar~ said:

:hyper:

Should I start telling you to edit posts? :tongue:

:lmao:

where were we in Detroit? I don't remember! I think i was involved in some relationship drama that night :uhoh:

ruffian said:

and we had a sad goodbye :( isn't that the last time we all saw each other?

:sad: :yes: :heart:

We SO have to find a way to all get together again!

ruffian said:

OMG, Zayra was such a basket case :yikes: was it my imagination or could she not sing...AT ALL!??

That was what I thought of her *shudders at the memories*

Hey Ruff, I don't know if you saw my post in the last thread... so I'll repost :)

:shocked: OMFG that is EXACTLY what I want to do...I'm all about taking students out of their comfort zones and letting them see things hands on.

What did you study for your phd, if you don't mind me asking?

Diane L said:
Ruff, Second Life is my new addiction. It is a sim game you play online. There is a lot to do and see on there, and there is tremendous potential in this world for education (there are libraries on it with real-life librarians manning reference desks), gatherings like prayer groups and political discussions, cultural events (there is a dance troupe there) and more.

The virtual concert had avatars that looked like Our Guys at an outdoor arena (with two side stages with the Vertigo logo on them...no elllipse, though). They played the Detroit concert, and virtual Bono, Edge and Larry performed as well as a sim can. Adam wasn't on stage, but someone had him "talking"...we were blowing kisses and such! It was surprisingly exciting and authentic.

But of course, not as good as the real thing. Are you still going to New Zealand?

oh god, given my serious Sims addiction I can NEVER play that game. I'd pretty much have to quit my job and become a total recluse.

Yes, NZ is in something like 2.5 weeks. I'm seriously ready! And I got to go to the Superdome show, so that was a nice tease...

Hi to everyone who said HI! to me!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Bri, I hope your tests went well and your worries are far away now. :hug: I pretty well wrapped up a freelance project today, so that's a relief...it's such a great feeling. And to come online and find a U2 "concert", then to come here and find so many PLEBA girls I haven't seen in a while...today is so great!!!

ruffian said:

oh, ok...i know that song. love the guys voice but don't like that song. but i'll listen to the other stuff. OMG, Zayra was such a basket case :yikes: was it my imagination or could she not sing...AT ALL!??

She's not as bad as she initially seemed, I think. Relistening to a lot of her songs, she's not off key as badly as she seemed on the show, I think it was more of an accent issue?? It was bizarre, nonetheless.

If you enjoy his voice but don't like that particular song, I think you're in for a treat. One of the things I really like about them is the variation of songs/styles...from full-out, very angry aggressive songs, to really sweet, tender songs.

And not that this is relevant, but kinda cool...Razorblade is based on a true experience...molestation by his uncle, who was a priest...and apparently, the singer has suffered from mental illness...schizophrenia, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom