Pleban Girls Party - Cuz we had a bad day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:
Boy am I glad that this phase didn't last too long :lol:
U2Band1165.jpg

I second, third, fourth and fifth that :lol:

The goatee Adam had for a while during the UF era though? :drool:
ACCWall15Adam-1.jpg

(See also - UF video :drool: )

Sorry to hear that, VP :( that really sucks.

But if all you can do is sit and try to relax to relieve your discomfort, at least you can play with us :D

BonosBaby12 said:

Mmmmmm chocolate :drool: Speaking of which I need to get my German friend to send me more of the white chocolate they have over there :shifty:

European chocolate is so much better than what we have over here! :yes:

This was pretty damn good though.

Thanks girls. I think I did too much bending/lifting on the weekend, and it hurt a little, but it was bearable. I should have taken it easy today, but instead, I was trying to get everything else done, and so when Sarah got home, I decided that it would be the best idea ever if we took out the huge-ass air conditioner. :huh: :lol: Lifting that is what did me in. My own fault. :reject:

SG - no-bake cookies, the chocolate ones with coconut and oatmeal?? :drool: I bet those would make my back feel better. :flirt:

VintagePunk said:

SG - no-bake cookies, the chocolate ones with coconut and oatmeal?? :drool: I bet those would make my back feel better. :flirt:

These are Chocolate, Peanut butter, Vanilla and Oatmeal (I'm not sure what other ingredients she adds, but I know she doesn't use coconut )

all I know is they're gooooood :drool:

Drea said:

I second, third, fourth and fifth that :lol:

The goatee Adam had for a while during the UF era though? :drool:
ACCWall15Adam-1.jpg

(See also - UF video :drool: )

Wow. Adam looks like a different person there? What is it?? If you had just shown me this pic. and not told me who it was, I wouldn't have recognized him....:eek:

Just going back over things I missed earlier :

VintagePunk said:

This thread was started a little less than two years ago by a few posters, and several others quickly followed, and we all became very close friends. Many of us met and travelled together on the last tour. This became our place to hang out. Over time, others joined in, got to know us, and were welcomed.

Recently, there seems to be a rash of people coming in all at once, using the thread as their personal playground, posting nonsensical stuff, making little effort to get to know those who established the thread. This has been frustrating for many of the regulars, and some are posting here less and less frequently because of it.

All that said, we realize that we don't own the thread, and that there's nothing we can do about it. Still, it's been a little frustrating at times.

There was another thread this happened to, in OOC, and the regulars eventually gave up and ceded the thread to the new people. I'd hate to see that happen here.

I'd just like to add that every chat thread around here has its own unique tone, and perhaps it would be a good idea for newcomers to observe that? Just a suggestion.

:applaud: Thank you so much VP. I've wanted to say exactly that, but had been unable to put it into words. When I first joined in this thread I read a few of them and then poked my head in with a hello and a joke, then got to know people by chatting politely

I know one thing most of us here at the PGP have in common is that we try to type our messages much as if we are speaking - not a lot of the shortening things down to letters - and when people do that, they either lose several people in the conversation or have to explain what they are talking about.

We are very open and welcoming, but we generally want newcomers to introduce themselves politely and not simply come in acting as if they know us well when we don't know them

We like to play, but we try to maintain a tone which suits everyone in the thread at that time

and honestly, we all know U2 so well that comments about members which are out of character or which express a lot of surprise over something which is very old news/common knowledge is kind of annoying and we will tend to ignore it - or at least I know I tend to

Last edited:
Nighty night Drea :hug:

VP that sucks about your back! Definetly take it easy. I think the a/c can wait till spring. :wink:

I totally agree with what you had to say VP. I think its like any thread on the board, all we ask is that people be respectful of each other and try to join in like a normal conversation. :heart:

Hi Mia :) :hug:

Hey Russty!!! :hug:

Shannon, heck yeah I did!!! Except I had to do work for another job i'm comissioned for. I was coming up on a deadline so I skipped my assistantship for today and did work for the other shit.

Oh, and I was sick too...like, for real. So, that wasn't fun. But I'm steadily getting better!

Back
Top Bottom