Pleban Girls Party - c'mon in, the henhouse is a-rockin'!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How's everyone today? I'm still trying to catch up a little bit, but I may give up. :lol:

Things are a bit too crazy to spend all that time when I should be working. :wink:

youvedonewhat said:

I didn't have any pain after mine. At least I don't remember having any...(Must have been the vodka I drank later...:lol: :lol: ) Mind you, I didn't have any biopsies this time. Maybe that's why. They took some last time, back in 2000 but I can't remember that long ago how I felt. I think they take biopsies of polyps as a matter of course, the little critters. (polyps not the drs..hee hee).

He said my bowels were looking pretty good, which considering i had to have surgery in 2003 was pleasing.( the removed the lump just in time otherwise i'd have got bowel cancer :sad: )

My condition is genetic :sad: so there's a 50% chance my kids could have it :|

WildHoney said:

He said my bowels were looking pretty good, which considering i had to have surgery in 2003 was pleasing.( the removed the lump just in time otherwise i'd have got bowel cancer :sad: )

My condition is genetic :sad: so there's a 50% chance my kids could have it :|

Wild :hug: Don't think like that! There's also a 50% chance you're kids WOULDN'T have it! Like I said; they take biopsies of polyps as a matter of course. You're in good hands. They'll look after you and any children you may have.

As I work for a medical centre I can tell you that any family history is put up onscreen so that the drs can keep an eye on you or any offspring. And you must remember that even though something may run in the family; time marches on. Things that weren't treatable years ago now are. So, chin up. Don't go worrying about something that probably won't happen...

:hug: :hug:

Wild :hug::heart:
YDW is right, try to stay positive.

And did they tell you that the risk is 50%?

Cause while I may be no geneticist, from what I've learned, it depends a great deal on how it's carried.

Take sickle cell anemia for example, if you get one copy of the gene you are only partially, effected, you have to get a copy from both parents to get the full blown disease.

And in some cases, only one copy isn't enough, thus, even if you passed on your copy, unless NI has a copy too, your children wouldn't be effected.
:)

</ nerdy ramble>

~BrightestStar~ said:
Wild :hug::heart:
YDW is right, try to stay positive.

And did they tell you that the risk is 50%?

Cause while I may be no geneticist, from what I've learned, it depends a great deal on how it's carried.

Take sickle cell anemia for example, if you get one copy of the gene you are only partially, effected, you have to get a copy from both parents to get the full blown disease.

And in some cases, only one copy isn't enough, thus, even if you passed on your copy, unless NI has a copy too, your children wouldn't be effected.
:)
</ nerdy ramble>

:nerd: I know something about this stuff, too and I'm pretty sure Bri is right.
:hug:Wild :hug:NI

now I have to back and read Wild's posts [and c atch up on threads ]

Alisaura said:
I just saw a cat outside, sleeping peacefully in a tree... did I mention how cold and windy it is today?!

catintree1.jpg

catintree2.jpg

:giggle:

Reminds me of a cat I used to own :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom