Pleban Girls Party - Applied Chemistry + Bono = Hawt!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi!! :hug: :wave:

I know about that Bono quote you're talking about, because I was there! A talk sponsored by the NY Times had to be postponed for a week because Bono was having back problems. When the talk finally happened, the moderators thanked him for rescheduling. He mentioned his back, and said it happened because "I'm having too much sex for my age"

:ohmy:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:bono: I believe in karma, I really do, and that grace can interupt it. But if grace doesn't...well.......I'm fucked.

Oh, Bono goes much more in depth about his belief in grace in "Bono in Conversation." In BIC, he definitely believes in grace over karma -- as in, grace will save you.

Sad_Girl said:
Sorry, Sarah, I was just thinking about this spring when several of us got the book and were reading it and discussing it at the same time :hug:

:hug: It's OK, I already know about most of the book because my mom already read it, so as she was reading it she was telling me everything :lol:

jobob said:

You're reading Bono's memoir for school? :ohmy:

considers going back to school for new degree in Bonology

:lol:

Yeah, and I get to write a 7-9 paragraph essay on different aspects (I'm not sure if that's the right word :reject: ) of his intelligence :hyper:

Sad_Girl said:
Anyone have any more detail on this balcony jumping? :ohmy:
thats a story I'd like to hear

Interland just ate my lengthy response :mad:

Anyway

You've seen the pictures and heard the stories about his crazy younger days haven't you?
He used to climb anything and everything like a little monkey. Up the standards by the stage, into the crowd, anything. There's even a pic somewhere of him standing on top of the freakin stage/arena!! (Like on it's 'roof"). :ohmy:
Anyway, this behavioir stopped when the band gave B a lil talking to, for one, they feared for his safety, and two, they feared even more that someday a fan may imitate him and get hurt.
I believe this 'intervention' followed a rather extreme adventure on B's part.
He climbed up into the upper/second level of the crowd. However, once he was there, he got swarmed and trapped. He was getting squished, so he freakin jumped!! It was like a good 20ft drop. He was unharmed, and I can't remeber how the hell he landed safetly (either fans or security helped).

Hein85.gif

Back
Top Bottom