Pleban Girls Party - Anytime You Need A Friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
~BrightestStar~ said:

*coughphonesexcough*

I mean, awwwww! :cute: :( :heart:

EXPENSIVE phone sex :lmao: it takes half an hour to get past the 'how was your day' stuff

:shifty: he's surprisingly proper for a tattooed biker dude :shh:

Well, he is British after all :wink: :p

Sad_Girl said:

EXPENSIVE phone sex :lmao:

Just means you'll have to be quick and dirty. :sexywink:

:shifty: he's surprisingly proper for a tattooed biker dude :shh:

Well, he is British after all :wink: :p

Oh dear. How utterly alluring you are, miss. You make me want to take off my jacket. Please allow me to remove your pantaloons while I unbuckle my trousers.

:combust:

I think I might be having a tiny problem: I have always thought I was overweight, and every single person in the world tells me I am not and I KNOW I am not but I FEEl that I am. It's hard to explain these conflicting emotions. I was a chubby kid but now my weight is between 109 to 111 pounds, it fluctuates. I'm only 5" so I'm not underweight. I have a curvy body but it seems here the attraction is more towards the tall stick-thin types. I eat as healthy as I can and work out regularly and those are the days I feel good about myself. However on the days when I don't work out, like for the past couple days when I've been too busy with school stuff, I feel real guilty and adopt a 'screw-it" attitude. I then tend to binge on unhealthy, easy stuff and feel real guilty after it. However I don't puke it out, thank God. It's just that I feel guilty sometimes and feel low sometimes about my body image and I know it's wrong.

One of my ex bfs broke up with me telling me I was "too fat." Later I found out he said that as an easy way out, he had his eye on this other girl instead.

So to sum up, I weigh around a 110 pounds as an average and am fit and love cardio when I workout, but there are days when I feel really blah..... and indulge in "bad" foods and then feel guilty... and the cycle continues.

Bri, He'd get a serious kick out of you :p :lol:

BD - you've mentioned this before, actually - if you're concerned you should definitley consider talking to someone - maybe at school, there should be a counselor available

~BrightestStar~ said:

Oh dear. How utterly alluring you are, miss. You make me want to take off my jacket. Please allow me to remove your pantaloons while I unbuckle my trousers.

:combust:

:lmao:

That's quite all right, miss. I have a wonderful British bf too these days, you know. :sexywink:

Babydoll said:
I think I might be having a tiny problem: I have always thought I was overweight, and every single person in the world tells me I am not and I KNOW I am not but I FEEl that I am. It's hard to explain these conflicting emotions. I was a chubby kid but now my weight is between 109 to 111 pounds, it fluctuates. I'm only 5" so I'm not underweight. I have a curvy body but it seems here the attraction is more towards the tall stick-thin types. I eat as healthy as I can and work out regularly and those are the days I feel good about myself. However on the days when I don't work out, like for the past couple days when I've been too busy with school stuff, I feel real guilty and adopt a 'screw-it" attitude. I then tend to binge on unhealthy, easy stuff and feel real guilty after it. However I don't puke it out, thank God. It's just that I feel guilty sometimes and feel low sometimes about my body image and I know it's wrong.

One of my ex bfs broke up with me telling me I was "too fat." Later I found out he said that as an easy way out, he had his eye on this other girl instead.

So to sum up, I weigh around a 110 pounds as an average and am fit and love cardio when I workout, but there are days when I feel really blah..... and indulge in "bad" foods and then feel guilty... and the cycle continues.

It doesn't sound like you have an eating disorder...it sounds more like an unexplained insecurity issue...like you self-confidence is low for some reason.

(Sorry if I sound insensitive...but I treat stuff like this with the upmost seriousness :reject: :hug: )

BD - People with anorexia are obsessed with being thin. They don't want to eat, and they are afraid of gaining weight. They may constantly worry about how many calories they take in or how much fat is in their food. They may take diet pills, laxatives or water pills to lose weight. They may exercise too much. Anorexics usually think they're fat even though they're very thin.

you've just described the text book definition for anorexia :hug: you need to see someone - the fact that you are aware of it means it's managable, but maybe you just need a little help to keep you on the right path

I've never taken any pills or anything and never intend on doing so. I try to do what's healthy, as much as possible. But I have my good and bad days....

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

It doesn't sound like you have an eating disorder...it sounds more like an unexplained insecurity issue...like you self-confidence is low for some reason.

(Sorry if I sound insensitive...but I treat stuff like this with the upmost seriousness :reject: :hug: )

That's what an eating disorder like anorexia is, hon. There isn't usually any metabolic cause, it's a perception problem that has the potential to cause physical illness

Sad_Girl said:
BD - People with anorexia are obsessed with being thin. They don't want to eat, and they are afraid of gaining weight. They may constantly worry about how many calories they take in or how much fat is in their food. They may take diet pills, laxatives or water pills to lose weight. They may exercise too much. Anorexics usually think they're fat even though they're very thin.

you've just described the text book definition for anorexia :hug: you need to see someone - the fact that you are aware of it means it's managable, but maybe you just need a little help to keep you on the right path

:yes:

And the sooner the better. :heart:

:hmm:

To me anorexia was always associated with stick-thin bony women who never eat at all, a la Nicole Richie. I do love my food and like I said I do eat ok, as in full, healthy meals but when I don't the guilt settles in.

Babydoll said:
I've never taken any pills or anything and never intend on doing so. I try to do what's healthy, as much as possible. But I have my good and bad days....

a counselor can just help you to hold on to the good days and grant you a little extra strength so the bad days aren't quite so bad :hug: there's no shame in it and no harm - if it isn't helpful, it certainly isn't hurtful, either

^ :yes: :up:

Babydoll said:

Taking pills and throwing up (which is bulemia, btw) aren't the only ways this can manifest itself.
Sometimes people just do really restrictive dieting, others excercise way too much. There are so many ways to go about it.
Sometimes these can be the trickest, because those who just become "excercise obsessed" can fool themselves into thinking their only trying to be fit, when it could be a lot more.
Hun, you should def talk to someone. :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

That's what an eating disorder like anorexia is, hon. There isn't usually any metabolic cause, it's a perception problem that has the potential to cause physical illness

The reason why I phrased it as insecurity is because some women refuse to resort to eating disorders...but still feel like they are fat cause of the way the media treats everything....as an example.

Sad_Girl said:

a counselor can just help you to hold on to the good days and grant you a little extra strength so the bad days aren't quite so bad :hug: there's no shame in it and no harm - if it isn't helpful, it certainly isn't hurtful, either

Ah, good point. I was thinking of seeing someone at the school. It's just there is so much stress, this being my senior year, that I just don't get enough time to work out and cook healthy meals.

Babydoll said:
:hmm:

To me anorexia was always associated with stick-thin bony women who never eat at all, a la Nicole Richie. I do love my food and like I said I do eat ok, as in full, healthy meals but when I don't the guilt settles in.

there are different levels of it - the ones you see featured on TV and in magazines are usually very dramatic, but not all are. :yes:

Indulging in the negative feelings is when it gets dangerous - it's actually a lot like obsessive compulsive disorder; and it's easy to sink into the destructive behaviors but hard to break them once you start

Back
Top Bottom