Pleban Girls Party - another time, another thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drea said:
<-- took a course in Old English and the history of the language in university - "Old English" defined as around the time of Beowulf in literary terms, not Shakespeare like some people think :lol: It's a whole other bloody language!

:lol: It really is! have you ever tried to read 'original/unedited' Chaucer? :crack:

It's a beautiful day here! We had our first big thunderstorm of the year last night :drool: and it melted away a lot of the snow
:hi5:

bonoishot said:
Yay for the thunderstorm. :rockon:

SG. :hug: How you doing? I read you spoke to a certain Mancunian this morning. :sexywink:

It's going pretty good, thanks. Got some work done for the first time in over a week :crack: hadn't really been able to think much about writing for awhile with everything going on

how are you? :heart:

No, not this morning :sigh: but yesterday morning I did get to talk to him while he was on his lunch break ( tea :giggle: - sorry, calling a meal that still makes me :lol: - I'll get used to it ;) )

claytonjs051331au4.jpg

:combust:

Aww :hug: good night Jem and Wild :hug: sweet Bono dreams ladies!

Hi Fiona, SG, Drea, Wild (bye!), Jem... yay people :D :hug:

The problem with sleep is that you want more... :yawn:

Thunderstorm:love: :drool:
I wonder if you're near another online friend of mine, SG... she was saying in her LJ that they had the first thunderstorm of the year/season last night too... I can't remember where you are though. :reject: She's in Lansing, Michigan...? (Or somewhere around there)

I'm also jealous, Drea! I think if I went to Uni now, I'd do a humanities course rather than science. I want to learn languages/linguistics, history, theology, archaeology, art, writing, all that sort of stuff... But I don't think I could handle uni again. :der:

I'd like to read Beowulf some day - the book does mention it as a landmark piece of Old English literature. Shakespeare is positively modern in comparison :D

Alisaura said:

Thunderstorm:love: :drool:
I wonder if you're near another online friend of mine, SG... she was saying in her LJ that they had the first thunderstorm of the year/season last night too... I can't remember where you are though. :reject: She's in Lansing, Michigan...? (Or somewhere around there)

Yep, I'm in Northern Michigan, about two hours from Lansing :yes:

Sad_Girl said:
Yep, I'm in Northern Michigan, about two hours from Lansing :yes:

Go me :D :giggle:

I have this conversational urge to ask everyone how they are, but I think most of you have already answered that question from someone else... :lol:

Alisaura said:

I'm also jealous, Drea! I think if I went to Uni now, I'd do a humanities course rather than science. I want to learn languages/linguistics, history, theology, archaeology, art, writing, all that sort of stuff... But I don't think I could handle uni again. :der:

hi ali :wave:

i'd love to do something extra - i dunnow masters? post grad stuff that's based around linguistics/literature...and then there's political science as well...i wish i could decide! :nerd: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom