Pleban Girls Party - another time, another thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds great SG, I'm so glad you're happy! :) :hug: :heart:

I was planning on going to University of Florida, and I found out that they didn't have space so I can't go until January if I want to go. :| My parents can't afford to send me out of state, so it's just a terrible situation and I don't know what I'm going to do. I mean they say that they will find a way to send me but I'm nog going to make them go broke to send me to college, I can't do that. Very stressful. Obviously I can go in January but it basically throws off all my plans and everything. I need to get the hell out of here and I honestly don't think I can handle being at home until January, I was supposed to go in July. It's just like, what am I supposed to do at home until then? ALL of my friends will be away at school (even the in-state schools are at least 4 hours away from where I live). And I'm not just going to go somewhere else and transfer to UF in January, I don't want to start a whole life somewhere and then just have to pick up and move. Ahhh sorry that was so long!

Aww Wild!
10.gif

You'll do fine! :yes:

sami0201 said:
That sounds great SG, I'm so glad you're happy! :) :hug: :heart:

I was planning on going to University of Florida, and I found out that they didn't have space so I can't go until January if I want to go. :| My parents can't afford to send me out of state, so it's just a terrible situation and I don't know what I'm going to do. I mean they say that they will find a way to send me but I'm nog going to make them go broke to send me to college, I can't do that. Very stressful. Obviously I can go in January but it basically throws off all my plans and everything. I need to get the hell out of here and I honestly don't think I can handle being at home until January, I was supposed to go in July. It's just like, what am I supposed to do at home until then? ALL of my friends will be away at school (even the in-state schools are at least 4 hours away from where I live). And I'm not just going to go somewhere else and transfer to UF in January, I don't want to start a whole life somewhere and then just have to pick up and move. Ahhh sorry that was so long!

:( :hug:

I know it seems like a big deal now, but waiting six months really isn't *that* bad. You could spend a few months working and saving money so you won't be as broke as university students typically are.

When do students have to accept offers by? Has that deadline already passed?

VintagePunk said:

:( :hug:

I know it seems like a big deal now, but waiting six months really isn't *that* bad. You could spend a few months working and saving money so you won't be as broke as university students typically are.

When do students have to accept offers by? Has that deadline already passed?

I suppose. It's just, all my friends get to go away and I have to stay at home, you know? Sounds juvenile but you know how badly I've wanted to leave home! And then when I get to school everyone will already have friends and stuff and I'll be the new girl. It just sucks, that's all!

Students have to accept by May 1. I wrote the college a letter and asked if there was some sort of waiting list or something, and I'm going to have my guidance counselor call them on Monday. Hopefully something will work out...

sami0201 said:

I suppose. It's just, all my friends get to go away and I have to stay at home, you know? :lol: Sounds juvenile but you know how badly I've wanted to leave home! And then when I get to school everyone will already have friends and stuff and I'll be the new girl. It just sucks, that's all!

Students have to accept by May 1. I wrote the college a letter and asked if there was some sort of waiting list or something, and I'm going to have my guidance counselor call them on Monday. Hopefully something will work out...

keep working at finding a way, but if it doesn't work out, don't look at it as being the new girl, look at it as you'll get to be the mysterious stranger that everyone will wonder about :flirt:

Jem I was actually thinking of that, like studying in England or Dublin. Just for a semester which would end in December, and then starting here in January. It's sooo expensive! I looked some up and they are all around $13,000. It is definitely something I'm going to look further into though. :yes:

How have you been? :hug:

bonoishot said:
VP. :eek:hmy ::love : Sami. :eek:hmy ::droo l: Wild. Clone:love: SG. :love: Thanks for before. My walk helped a bit.

Not sure if Thora is still about but. :hug: Thats scary about the fire. Glad it was minor and you are safe though. :heart:

Hi Jem. Thanks. :hug: I am, but I gotta go clean. I'm feeling guilty just sitting here when there's still work to be done. I'll relax this afternoon.

Sami - I hope you figure things out okay. :hug: Like the others have said, you're a smart woman, and everything does happen for a reason.

See you all later. :hug:

sami0201 said:

I suppose. It's just, all my friends get to go away and I have to stay at home, you know? :lol: Sounds juvenile but you know how badly I've wanted to leave home! And then when I get to school everyone will already have friends and stuff and I'll be the new girl. It just sucks, that's all!

I know what you mean, but the whole 'new girl' thing doesn't really apply to university, not the way it does to high school, you know? It's not like hs where if you don't find a clique to fit into right away, you're socially non-existent.

Is it possible that after May 1st, they might find that there's room for you? Students here don't have to accept till late May.

OR...are all of your friends living in residence? :hmm: If not, maybe you could go anyway, room with someone, and work till Jan. :hmm:

Jem!! :hug: :heart:

Bye Thora! :hug: Nice seeing you, even though it was only for a few minutes. :wink:

VP I thought of that but they are all living on campus freshman year. :shrug: Obviously if I stay home I'll go visit them a lot and stuff, but I can't live there. Even if I stay home and go up like twice a month, I suppose I'll meet all of the people my friends become friends with, etc. So I guess I won't REALLY be like a new girl because I do have a few friends who are going there.

Yeah I am hoping that happens and that students decline acceptance and they have some room. I'm gonna find out about that on Monday.

sami0201 said:
Jem I was actually thinking of that, like studying in England or Dublin. Just for a semester which would end in December, and then starting here in January. It's sooo expensive! I looked some up and they are all around $13,000. It is definitely something I'm going to look further into though. :yes :

How have you been? :hug :

:yikes: Thats a lot of money. Theres also the traditional travelling option. Or the sort of trips where you can go teach English or help in in other ways abroad. They cost money too. It would stand out on a CV though seeing different Cultures. :wink:

England and Dublin. :drool:

I'm ok thanks. Will eventually get over Andy. :lol: Men. :madwife: I have seen my Dad a few weeks ago though. :) Hes not gotten back to me yet, but we hope to stay in touch. Am taking things a step at a time.

Am also determined to seriously get my but over to Canada now. I'm so fed up of England. :mad: I'd also like to volunteer at an Elephant Sanctuary in Thailand and see abit of Asia aswell. NOt sure how much fun Asia would be by myself though. :lol:

HOpe to get a Macbook soon aswell. :hyper::drool:

sami0201 said:
Bye Thora! :hug: Nice seeing you, even though it was only for a few minutes. :wink:

VP I thought of that but they are all living on campus freshman year. :shrug: Obviously if I stay home I'll go visit them a lot and stuff, but I can't live there. Even if I stay home and go up like twice a month, I suppose I'll meet all of the people my friends become friends with, etc. So I guess I won't REALLY be like a new girl because I do have a few friends who are going there.

Yeah I am hoping that happens and that students decline acceptance and they have some room. I'm gonna find out about that on Monday.

I hope things work out whatever you decide. :hug:

It's funny how people perceive time. There's a thread in ZC where people are going on about the old days...most of them are less than 20, and the old days they're referring to, in some cases, are only a few months ago. I guess I'm old. To me, six months seems like the blink of an eye. :lol: [/randomobservation]

What's the traditional travelling option, like just travelling around myself? :reject: I've heard of it but I feel like that's more of a European thing and people don't really do that here.

Wow, that's great that you've seen your dad. Yeah, better to take things slowly then to rush into stuff.

Asia :ohmy: :cool:

VintagePunk said:
It's funny how people perceive time. There's a thread in ZC where people are going on about the old days...most of them are less than 20, and the old days they're referring to, in some cases, are only a few months ago. I guess I'm old. To me, six months seems like the blink of an eye. :lol: [/randomobservation]

Old days to me is like when me and Kat were at school/college.

6 months is like yesterday to me. :lol:

You're not old. :no: I think at that age time just seems to go so slow. My friend Chrlie is 18 and shes always like "ages ago....:blablah:...." and shes on about something a few months ago. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom