Pleban Girls Party - Another Day, Another Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
grand! eating the pasta i made! i have never made meat sauce before!
watching a bit of the tube and thinking about a bath! how was work?

It was all right. I was so tired for the last 2 hours, that the time just dragged on. The funny thing is that as soon as I left, I totally woke up. :lol:

ThoraSEB said:
It was all right. I was so tired for the last 2 hours, that the time just dragged on. The funny thing is that as soon as I left, I totally woke up. :lol:

hahah imagine that!
i was so tired during my french lesson but perked up when i was gardening!
what time do you start work in the am ?

:lol: Yeah, 10 would be great! Ah well. At least it's not as bad as it used to be. I used to have to drive an hour to my last job, and I had to be there at 7:30am. :yikes:

Wow - 10 hours! I'm so jealous! Lately I've been tossing and turning, and probably getting around 3 - 4 hours tops. I'm hoping that will change though! :)

No, I've just been worried about my Dad, and thinking about other stuff that's going on in my life. Thankfully everything is looking up now, so I'm hopefull that I'll be able to go back to my normal sleeping patterns.

Yeah, things are okay. There were just a couple of things I had to deal with, and they are all resolved now. :)

I'm not usually a fan of baths, but maybe having one tonight would be good. :)

it was yummy, i am not used to the meat in it so it is different... and i might not have gotten the right amount of wine in it ...

I noticed you said earlier that you were a vegetarian for many years. I was one for 12 years, have eaten meat again for 4 years, and am probably going to stop eating it again. It's just too much for my stomach to digest easily.

it really bothers me because i love animals so much
i feel bad when i go out and save them then come home and eat one... it feels very hypocritical!

LMJOSCEra3s18.jpg

LMJOSCEra3s19.jpg

LMJOSCEra3s15.jpg

You don’t usually go out to this sort of place. In fact, you can’t really remember the last time you’ve gone out at all. Which is exactly how your friends got you here. It’s smoky, loud and crowded. The music envelopes you, slithers in through your ears and into your bloodstream until it seems to be radiating out of you. The lighting is low, flashing quickly bright reds, oranges, and yellows when the music is fast. The bass rumbles; you can feel it touching you as if it were an actual physical being. It’s seductive.

You let your imagination loose and pretend that it’s him setting the rhythm. You noticed him almost immediately when you arrived. How could you not? He’s like an angel. An angel in a black silk shirt. You steal glances at him. He’s sitting in the booth in the back corner with three other guys. There is no shortage of beautiful women coming and going from their table, either. None of them seem to actually belong in the group though.

As unlikely as it seems that this man… this man with the beautiful eyes and the most seductive lips ever… might not actually be with any of those women. You let yourself imagine that he might be as alone as you are, even. You forget your friends sitting next to you as you watch him lift his bottle to his lips and drink. The shimmer of beer on his lips afterwards makes your heart begin to race, and when the tip of his tongue darts out to lick it away you sigh despite yourself.

You glance around and realize your friends have noticed that you’ve taken an interest. They smile and tease, but they’re harmless. You blush and laugh at their suggestions that you should buy him a drink, introduce yourself in a myriad of wild and unrealistic ways. Once their attention turns back to something else, you glance over at him again.

You actually stop breathing when your eyes meet his. He was looking… in your direction, you tell yourself. Not at you. But if he wasn’t looking at you, then why are your eyes locked with his now? One corner of his mouth turns up into a shy smile and he looks down at his beer. He’s holding it with both hands, peeling the label off as he pretends to listen to his friends as they talk.

He glances back up to see if you’re still watching him. You are. You feel like a kid, caught with your hand in the cookie jar. You blush deeply, your blood pressure so high now you wonder if you should be concerned. You look away quickly, but not before you see the most beautiful smile you’ve ever witnessed grace that handsome face and make it even more amazing than before.

You realize the table has gone silent. Your friends are watching you, too. You’re wondering if you could somehow slip under the table and hide until they’ve stopped laughing when someone nudges you and gestures to the dance floor. *He’s coming this way* You turn back and shake your head dismissively, while inside your heart is bouncing back and forth in your ribcage. He’s probably just going to the bathroom, you reason. Or to get another drink.

You feel a tap on your shoulder and are sure you’re actually going to faint. Somehow, you manage not to crumple like a piece of paper, and you turn slightly to see him standing there. Those incredibly beautiful eyes are blue, you note, now that you’ve seen them up close. They’re even more beautiful than you’d thought. He leans down close to your ear so you can hear him. His body heat radiates into you and you catch a whiff of his cologne. All the blood in your body is shunted to your core, making your fingers and toes tingle.

“Do you dance?” He asks, his accent coming through despite the chaotic noise around you. You nod, unable to find your voice, and he smiles. The song playing is slow, with a bluesy feel to it and a sexual rhythm behind it. You try not to tremble when he rests his arms on your shoulders, his face so close to yours they’re all but touching.

You wrap your arms around him, your hands against his shoulder blades, your bodies brush against one another as you begin to move. You feel like your floating; you’re dizzy but not afraid of falling. You close your eyes when he leans in to speak again, his breath moving your hair as he tells you he’d been trying to get the courage up all night to ask you. If he hadn’t been afraid of never seeing you again, he might not even have been able to.

You turn your face to look at him, doubtful at first. Once you look into his eyes, though, you’re lost. You would believe anything he said. Your breath catches in your throat as he leans in close, pausing when his lips hover just above yours as if he is unsure. You steal a quick breath and tilt your head to the side, lift your chin, and your lips meet...

Back
Top Bottom