Pleban Girls Party - another day, another 500 posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redhotswami said:
Hey Brittany, thanks for the comment! I had to delete it though, sorry.

That kinda thing offends me...and I know others it would offend, so I didn't want them to see it.

Sorry:reject: I just live by the motto if you can't laugh at Richard Simmons, who can you laugh at, really? LOL

Brittany my husband is currently down in Southern California dealing with some family stuff and looking for a job. We have sold our house and are moving there in about 30 days. The good news of the day was a family friend might sell us their land that has a mobile home on it that we could live in. They have to sell another house first though so we would get a rental house for a while first.

Mia I'm so gonna tell him you said that. :giggle: He would totally laugh, cuz he says he doesn't get what girls see in him. My girlfriends daughter who is 16 can never stop giggling when she is around him. Its so funny, she has the hugest crush on him. :drool: :wink:

It's okay. I just don't like using terms like "gay" or "retarded" in a derogatory connotation. I don't like to make fun of anyone like that. It contradicts my spiritual beliefs. I believe we're all God's children, and to use the terms in a negative way to imply something is stupid or bad or backwards or doesn't make sense, one is implying the same about people of different sexual orientations and people with mental disabilities.

I just see it as verbal oppression and I'm very sensitive to that. But don't worry, I know you didn't mean any harm. That just happens to be how I feel about that type of thing.

Last edited:
Russty Cat said:
My girlfriends daughter who is 16 can never stop giggling when she is around him. Its so funny, she has the hugest crush on him. :drool: :wink:

Oh yeah!!! I don't blame her!!!! He's so dreamy! You've got great taste! :up: That's awesome you'll see him in just a short time!!!!!

Russty Cat said:
Brittany my husband is currently down in Southern California dealing with some family stuff and looking for a job. We have sold our house and are moving there in about 30 days. The good news of the day was a family friend might sell us their land that has a mobile home on it that we could live in. They have to sell another house first though so we would get a rental house for a while first.

Mia I'm so gonna tell him you said that. :giggle: He would totally laugh, cuz he says he doesn't get what girls see in him. My girlfriends daughter who is 16 can never stop giggling when she is around him. Its so funny, she has the hugest crush on him. :drool: :wink:

Ahh that's right! You sold your house! I hope you're able to get settled and get a new place ASAP! Where do you live now?

redhotswami said:
It's okay. I just don't like using terms like "gay" or "retarded" in a derogatory connotation. I don't like to make fun of anyone like that. It contradicts my spiritual beliefs. I believe we're all God's children, and to use the terms in a negative way to imply something is stupid or bad or backwards or doesn't make sense, one is implying the same about people of different sexual orientations and people with mental disabilities.

I just see it as verbal oppression and I'm very sensitive to that. But don't worry, I know you didn't mean any harm. That just happens to be how I feel about that type of thing.

That's ok! LOL. I've actually left that on a lot of my gay friend's Myspaces and they think it's hilarious. (I know we're extremely mature. LOL) I can see why it would be offensive. I'm one of those people that uses the word "gay" to describe anything I don't like or think is stupid, etc. We started doing it in elementary school and unfortunately it stuck. I felt bad until I noticed all my gay friends do it too. Weird. Sorry again though

No worries. :up:

That's the frustrating part...how it has become so mainstream and accepted. But, I guess such is the nature of "oppression" anyway. My colleagues and I are doing what we can on this campus to get students to stop saying that and accepting it. I did a program on why it isn't cool to substitute any term we use for a culture of people with things we think are bad, don't like, etc.

I'm really hoping we make a difference over here before I leave in May. We can't change the world, but we can inspire our students.

redhotswami said:
No worries. :up:

That's the frustrating part...how it has become so mainstream and accepted. But, I guess such is the nature of "oppression" anyway. My colleagues and I are doing what we can on this campus to get students to stop saying that and accepting it. I did a program on why it isn't cool to substitute any term we use for a culture of people with things we think are bad, don't like, etc.

I'm really hoping we make a difference over here before I leave in May. We can't change the world, but we can inspire our students.

I totally agree! It's something I need to work on, but I get lazy when I see my gay friends and whatnot doing it too, so I start to think it's no big deal. You're awesome Mia, and I'm glad you're doing what you're doing

Aww, thanks!

I see what you mean though, it is easy to think of it as no big deal when so many people are doing it too. It certainly hasn't been easy for me to infiltrate.

But keep trying, don't give up! You're just as awesome and just as capable :)

Mia I think its great your doing that! I hate to hear the word as well. I think it can hurt even when its not on purpose.

I'm bi-sexual and I know when I was in school it use to bug the crap out of me to hear it used in a bad way. I just hated that some kids might be hurt by it.

Brittany I live in Northern California now about 2 hours below the Oregon border. :)

redhotswami said:
Aww, thanks!

I see what you mean though, it is easy to think of it as no big deal when so many people are doing it too. It certainly hasn't been easy for me to infiltrate.

But keep trying, don't give up! You're just as awesome and just as capable :)

Thanks! Aww. I feel the PLEBAN love now!:love: Dang. PLEBAns are the coolest people alive:rockon: P.S. I was quoting your Interference bio. "I'm awesome":lmao: I literally laughed for 5 minutes when I read that the first time. It reminded me of the time Justin Timberlake SNL where he was playing Ashton Kutcher and he kept going "I'm Awesome", and the way he said it was hilarious.

Russty Cat said:
I'm bi-sexual and I know when I was in school it use to bug the crap out of me to hear it used in a bad way. I just hated that some kids might be hurt by it.

I miss the good ol' days when we used to say "that's so whack!"

I'm tryin to bring it back :wink:

Russty Cat said:
Mia I think its great your doing that! I hate to hear the word as well. I think it can hurt even when its not on purpose.

Brittany I live in Northern California now about 2 hours below the Oregon border. :)

Hey! Wow. You're really moving!. I've heard N. Cali is really nice, although I've heard S. Carolina is :drool: too. My apologies if I offended you in any way!!:reject: :hug:

U2isthebest said:

P.S. I was quoting your Interference bio. "I'm awesome":lmao: I literally laughed for 5 minutes when I read that the first time. It reminded me of the time Justin Timberlake SNL where he was playing Ashton Kutcher and he kept going "I'm Awesome", and the way he said it was hilarious.

:lol: wow I've never seen that! I totally could not think of what to put there...so, I just came up with "I'm awesome." I think it pretty much captured my essence :cool: :wink:

redhotswami said:

:lol: wow I've never seen that! I totally could not think of what to put there...so, I just came up with "I'm awesome." I think it pretty much captured my essence :cool: :wink:

It SO does. LOL. Yes, JT actually did an amazing job hosting SNL. They show the rerun on E! a lot, and that skit was awesome. LOL. It was a PUNK'D parody, and it just made me ...:lmao: forever...LOL. K. If I can find it, I'm going to leave you a really "awesome" Myspace comment...something that captures your "essence" and *ahem* maturity?

:hug: Don't worry I wasn't offended at all. I have a pretty thick skin on here. :) You just have to put up with my drooling over pretty much anyone. :laugh: I'm an equal opprotunity perve. :wink:

Russty Cat said:
:hug: Don't worry I wasn't offended at all. I have a pretty thick skin on here. :) You just have to put up with my drooling over pretty much anyone. :laugh: I'm an equal opprotunity perve. :wink:

You and Mia...:shame: you're both turning into "those" kinds of girls...:tsk: what is Bono going to do with you?:evil:

Bono will just have to spend lots of time making sure we behave. :evil: :wink: :drool:

Well I guess I should head to bed. Knowing the girls they will wake me up at the crack of dawn. Nighty night :hug: :heart: :wave:

Russty Cat said:
Bono will just have to spend lots of time making sure we behave. :evil: :wink: :drool:

Well I guess I should head to bed. Knowing the girls they will wake me up at the crack of dawn. Nighty night :hug: :heart: :wave:

Good night Russty! Have a good night's sleep! I'll talk to you later!:hug:

U2isthebest said:

Mia, let's not play innocent...:tsk: :laugh: weren't you just talking about how you're perverts? Really now, watch yourself...:giggle:

:lol: nah, I was drooling when she said equal opportunity. I'm taking a law course, and I think equal opportunity is sexy.

Goodnight Russty!!!! :hug:

redhotswami said:

:lol: nah, I was drooling when she said equal opportunity. I'm taking a law course, and I think equal opportunity is sexy.

Goodnight Russty!!!! :hug:

Right, the "law course", so that's what they're calling it now...:lmao: I'm pissed now that I didn't start a 1000th post thread for you. When I saw your Myspace headline the perfect title came into my head: "Mia's Awesomeness Dismantles Atomic Bombs" :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom