Pleban Girls Party - Angels Of Pleba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No worries VP, I was just kidding. :hug:

Well, I guess I'm gonna go to bed, instead of sitting here and complaining. Or I might go out to my beloved laptop for a while, since it was over a week ago since I typed anything on a keyboard... :lol: It's so lame, but it feels so nice to have my computers again.:reject: And it is almost 2 am here, so...

Night everyone who's still here! :hug:

I'm glad to hear that Weldy :)

I'm not concentrating too well on anything tonight, So I may not be great company

Had a little accident today :yikes: I fell off the steps leading into my house from the garage and fell against a solid steel wood stove with a thin overhang on the top, so it sort of sticks out and at the corner turns into a sort of pointy edge (Thankfully it's been rounded off) so my back hurts like a crazy, plus I twisted my ankle trying to keep from falling and all sorts of little aches and pains from it keep popping up. Luckily I didn't hit my head - I managed to catch myself just in time as I bounced off the stove ( :uhoh: )

but I was carrying groceries in at the time and I somehow managed to only break two eggs :happy: :lol:

Sad_Girl said:
I'm glad to hear that Weldy :)

I'm not concentrating too well on anything tonight, So I may not be great company

Had a little accident today :yikes: I fell off the steps leading into my house from the garage and fell against a solid steel wood stove with a thin overhang on the top, so it sort of sticks out and at the corner turns into a sort of pointy edge (Thankfully it's been rounded off) so my back hurts like a crazy, plus I twisted my ankle trying to keep from falling and all sorts of little aches and pains from it keep popping up. Luckily I didn't hit my head - I managed to catch myself just in time as I bounced off the stove ( :uhoh: )

but I was carrying groceries in at the time and I somehow managed to only break two eggs :happy: :lol:

:yikes: You make my "Sliding the stairs on my stomach like a slip and slide cause I was wearing high heels" seem like child's play! :hug:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

:yikes: You make my "Sliding the stairs on my stomach like a slip and slide cause I was wearing high heels" seem like child's play! :hug:

Oh I don't know, that still sounds pretty :yikes: scary and painful :hug:

I figure it's ok if we're a little clumsy. We're in good company, since Bono's been known to fall off the stage once in awhile :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

Oh I don't know, that still sounds pretty :yikes: scary and painful :hug:

I figure it's ok if we're a little clumsy. We're in good company, since Bono's been known to fall off the stage once in awhile :wink:

I remember it was in March two years (I remember it was a payday too.)....I was at one of my friend's boyfriend's apartment at the time...and my two friends wanted to do a makeover on me. So we went out to Walgreen's to get some hairdye....but as soon as I got onto the stairs...I trip or I made a missstep and I went down a flight or two of stairs...all on my stomach! Luckly I stopped right in front of the neighbor's door below. But my injuries were very minor....just a nasty cut on the inner part of my lip...near my teeth. The reason for the cut is that I have a really bad overbite. I also had a slight concussion....but I felt better once we got back from Walgreens and I lied down on the bathroom floor with my head on the tub while my friends did my hair.

Sounds like you're a better patient than I am, Weldy - I'm one of those people who just says 'I'm fine, I'm fine! Don't touch me, leave me alone!' and hides behind a locked door until everyone has backed off and I've had a chance to assess myself.

That would be a rough fall; I'm not surprised about your lip, that would be pretty common for that mechanism of injury. I'm glad that you were not hurt worse than that!

Sad_Girl said:
Sounds like you're a better patient than I am, Weldy - I'm one of those people who just says 'I'm fine, I'm fine! Don't touch me, leave me alone!' and hides behind a locked door until everyone has backed off and I've had a chance to assess myself.

That would be a rough fall; I'm not surprised about your lip, that would be pretty common for that mechanism of injury. I'm glad that you were not hurt worse than that!

That's cause I grew up with a medically knowable mom...and I'm not grossed out by blood and guts. Plus I have good friends cause they gave me ice to put on my lip while we were at Walgreens :D

I'm lucky too....I mean I did have a slip and slid kind of fall....so that saved me from having a broken leg (Even though I did have a broken leg when I was younger) or a brain injury and my fat and boobs :)giggle: ) saved me from having any type of internal injuries or broken ribs. I also had my hands in front of me while I was falling...even though I wasn't thinking straight at the time...so that also saved me from a broken shoulder or arm.

Sad_Girl said:
:lol: Yeah, I think having a little bulk cushioning in the chest and arse is useful in those sort of situations :wink: Works for me at least

And stomach...I have a huge beer belly :wink:

And it's surpising that I remember what I said to my friends after it happen too....I remember telling them that even though I'm fine but I have a slight concussion and a nasty cut. Or at least that's the basis of it :wink:

HI SG! :hug:

felling good for now....................even if i didn't get half of what o needed to do done this weekend.......i did gret started and i have extra time tomorrow to continue.

AT the momenrt i'm doing quite well w the puter art :happy: My puter art teach is liking it! :D
what my art teacher will say :shrug:

ANd i know each time i'll prabably become faster at each major visual subject i tackle in this mixed physical art {B/W drawing} scanned in to be colored on puter.

SO this one was a side view of a woman - SF themed - with a little bit of a city in the background.
There was alot odf red hair to do..........
so now nexrt time it should be EASIWE fgor me to do hair again-- b/c i've now experienced the HAND/EYE cooradination of Looking at the screen WHILE drawijng in the line for hair!

So it will be with architecture, landscapes, bigger more complex urban scences and figures.....as i do this drawing b/b, scanning in & coloreing in Photoshop.

Today it cleared up and was beautiful! :love:

it should uite nice tom-- upper 80's LOW humodty and pretty good for some of the rest of the week....

I feel soooo:sad: :sad: for the people in ST Loo & here in part of Queens {also w/o power the past ? 4 -5 day}

How are you :D ?!

BTW your new siggy :cute: :giggle:

Yeah we had a major power outage here this week after a storm; did some serious damage to the cherry farms up north of us. The governor might have to give them state financial aid under a state of emergency to make up for losing so much of the crop.

It's hard in this day and age to be without power. We're lost without it.

Your art sounds beautiful :yes: and just the sort of thing I really enjoy :) I'm glad to hear it's going well for you; I know how important that is to you :hug:

I am alright. Seriously achey but I could be a lot worse. I had an incident today; a bit of a fall :uhoh: I posted about it; it's not too far back

Last edited:
geeeez :ohmy: BOTH of you! ? :( :hug: :hug:

I'm reading the thread in between as I post here.

well SOME DAY......hopefully BEFORE the Tour starts up again I'll :scratch: figure out an inexpensive way to post some of it!:grumpy:

It's just kind of frusting to go :blahblah: about it here for ...what... over a year plus now :lmao: withOUT ANY One seeing it.................oh, diane got a bit of a peek.

HOW are YOUR Stoiries going ?! :hyper: :hug:

Last edited:
My novel is going well; my sister has started proofreading the first few chapters for me, editing out the mistakes and such. It's a strange feeling, to realize it may actually be finished soon :ohmy: scary and exciting :heart:

Bri has the first four or five chapters too but her version of word doesn't want to open the files :madwife:

I have some new things I plan to add from the original draft, but mostly now it's basic editing from me and then the proofing and submission to editors. Scary exciting stuff. :)

I have a couple of newer-ish ideas too, which is pretty cool - I don't know if there is enough time in the world to write down every story I have floating around in my head though :wink:

Sad_Girl said:
My novel is going well; my sister has started proofreading the first few chapters for me, editing out the mistakes and such. It's a strange feeling, to realize it may actually be finished soon :ohmy: scary and exciting

Bri has the first four or five chapters too but her version of word doesn't want to open the files

I have some new things I plan to add from the original draft, but mostly now it's basic editing from me and then the proofing and submission to editors. Scary exciting stuff. [/B][/QUOTE]

:hyper: :heart: :hyper:

Wooo hoooo How scary/THRILLING!!!

I remeber Bri posting she couldn't open the file.

I have a couple of newer-ish ideas too, which is pretty cool - I don't know if there is enough time in the world to write down every story I have floating around in my head though

:sigh: I know THAT feeling!!!

But........at least i can put down a small sketch with notes......
lots of ssketches litle or even medium size never make it to full drawings or paintings {if that was intended}

OF course, you know I'm all :hug:s for you & your creative endeavors! will have fingers crossed when you start the submission process!

beleive me taking my illustration around is not too disimilar. But i have a ways more to go...but I think things are beginning to "open up" more....altho I have not yet acheived the high consistancy rate of really ongoing imagination/ physical output of before being ill, or the 70% remergence I got first time....but i think i'm still heading upwards!

But it IS improving in ...well at least the still fits & startish kind of way...........is staying around longer -the imagination & ability to draw. I still need a lot more achitecture output and some more on landscapes. Figures & faces were the first subjects to "remerge" {same pattern as first re-emrgence back in 98 ish}.

:ohmy: I was so shocked to hear you had an accident TOO, that I FORGOT to say :yikes: for YOUR area's power outage! :hug: how long were you all out?

the site kept rejecting this for toomany smilies - had to keep cutting down!

Last edited:
I think the most anyone went was just over 48 hours without power, Dazz. Luckily, we somehow managed to keep ours here. My father did have a lot of work to do, repairing a roof that got taken off one of the buildings at the University where he works, and the university was without power for at least a day. I'm not sure how long it took exactly, but it was a big issue I know for counties to the North of us

:hug: And I'm always rooting for you when it comes to your own artistic endeavors, too Dazz. I hope you know that :heart:

Sami was just in another Pleban thread but she isn't here! :madwife: Sami!!!! :scream: Get your butt in here!

Back
Top Bottom