Pleban Girls Party - Alumni of U2 University

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonosBaby12 said:

Btw SG what other authors are you into besides Dean Koontz?

Stephen King, Kay Hooper, Barbera Michaels, Gregory Maguire, Alice Hoffman, Margaret Atwood, Ray Bradbury...

I also like a lot of more traditional/classic writers - I love to read Oscar Wilde, WB Yeats, Edgar Allen Poe and Henry James

Sad_Girl said:
I'm not familiar with either of those authors, Mia - what sort of stuff do they write? Literary fiction or Genre?

Um, I'm not quite sure of the name of the genre...maybe Spirituality? At least, that is the section I usually go to in the book store to find them :wink: Great insightful stuff!

I've read a few Stephen King books, and there's some others I mean to read someday (IT, long version of The Stand, Carrie...). Haven't read any Poe in ages, and that was the short stories - should one of these days.

Agatha Christie
Atwood (well, just Handmaid's Tale)
Melanie Rawn (fantasy author - highly recommend her Dragon Prince and Dragon Star trilogies... and she needs to finish the Exiles trilogy dammit, I've only been waiting 9 years for that :censored: third book!)
George Orwell (1984 and Animal Farm)
Laura Ingalls Wilder (my Little House books are comfort books, and yes I still occasionally read them at 35 :lol: )
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (the Yarn Harlot *G* Even if you don't knit you'd probably like her books)

"Classic" authors: Shakespeare (BIG Shakespeare :nerd: ) and Robert Browning :heart:

Back
Top Bottom