Pleban Girls Party - Aboard Edge's Spaceship-time machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
Hi Thora! :hug: I have such great memories of Chicago, we had such an amazing time there.

Thanks Britt. :lol: I'm enjoying it. Although there's lots of housework I could be doing. :uhoh: Yeah, Sarah's curled all through high school, she really enjoys it!

Well, I have homework I could be doing...but :no: That's really cool about Sarah! I can barely stand up on skates, so that's WAY impressive to me:ohmy:

ThoraSEB said:
Gotta love those pics. I don't have any of mine on my computer yet. I can't find the actual pictures of the concert and of my friends. I know they're somewhere in my mess of a room. :lol: I really should find them and upload them. Most of them are pretty crappy, as I had just gotten the camera a day or so before the concert, and had no idea how to properly use the damn thing. :lmao: Plus, I was so excited I was shaking and stuff, so that probably made it worse. They look very artsy though! :lol:

:lmao:

You were going for the abstract look, right? :shifty: :wink:

I'd love to see them once you get them uploaded!

VintagePunk said:
My favourite Bono pic of the entire tour :drool: Sarah took it...

DSC00520.jpg

Sarah with Larry (there's one of me with him too, but it'll never see the light of day, I look like crap in it :yikes: )

DSC00480.jpg

Bono signing my book :love: I was so touched he offered to, after he already signed my print.,..I wasn't even going to ask him to. He's a genuinely awesome person. :heart:

DSC00490.jpg

Those are gorgeous!! I've heard such great things about all the guys!: I want them all. On a side note...Edge's guitar in "Love Is Blindness" :faint: (sorry, listening to it now...)

U2isthebest said:

Well, I have homework I could be doing...but :no: That's really cool about Sarah! I can barely stand up on skates, so that's WAY impressive to me:ohmy:

In curling, they wear shoes on the rink...the ice is sort of textured. I don't know how to explain it. :lol:

She figure skated for years when she was younger, as well. From the time she was around 7 till 13, I think? She'd gotten to the point where she'd gone as far as she could go...the next level was practicing with private coaching and skating competitively, and she decided she just wasn't that into it to put that kind of time into it, and for me to spend that kind of money...it's a VERY expensive sport.

VintagePunk said:

In curling, they wear shoes on the rink...the ice is sort of textured. I don't know how to explain it. :lol:

She figure skated for years when she was younger, as well. From the time she was around 7 till 13, I think? She'd gotten to the point where she'd gone as far as she could go...the next level was practicing with private coaching and skating competitively, and she decided she just wasn't that into it to put that kind of time into it, and for me to spend that kind of money...it's a VERY expensive sport.

Well, I can barely stand up on ice with skates or without.:giggle: I have some friends that figure skate. It is hugely expensive.:eek: One of my friend's parents had to take out a second mortgage on their house to pay for it.

Britt - I start the new job on Monday. :up:

VintagePunk said:

:lmao:

You were going for the abstract look, right? :shifty: :wink:

I'd love to see them once you get them uploaded!

:lmao: Absolutely! That was my intention! :yes:

I'll definitely post them when I get them online.

ThoraSEB said:
Britt - I start the new job on Monday. :up:

:lmao: Absolutely! That was my intention! :yes:

I'll definitely post them when I get them online.

:hyper: That's awesome Thora! I'm happy for you! I definitely want to see your pics too whenever you get them uploaded.:drool:

flybabe said:

:drool :shifty :combust

I saw that you guys made an :edgecombust:I think it wa sSlopsy who did it,not sure...

If you get in touch with her if she could make a Larry one or a Bono one:wink:

it was Dreamoutloud13, check my sig :wink:
Also, Lemon Grrrlll made the Psycho Edge thing :)

Britt, I know the problem :drool: WITS..... :drool: Wits..... :drool: WITS.......

Omg VP, I never knew Sarah took that pic :drool: I love it! Bononeck :evil: *bites*

Last edited:
U2isthebest said:

:hyper: That's awesome Thora! I'm happy for you! I definitely want to see your pics too whenever you get them uploaded.:drool:

Thanks. :) I had another meeting with my new department today, and I know I'm going to have SO much fun with them. They're all awesome people. :love:

I'll definitely post them, although it probably won't be until the new year. I'm just too busy to take time out to do that, no matter how fun it may be. :)

Galeongirl said:

it was Dreamoutloud13, check my sig :wink:
Also, Lemon Grrrlll made the Psycho Edge thing :)

Britt, I know the problem :drool: WITS..... :drool: Wits..... :drool: WITS.......

Well, I won't be listening to it for about a week.:( or anything else for that matter. My headphones just broke, and of course I only have one set here at college:mad: Actually, come to think of it we recently moved and the rest are proably in storage somewhere back home. The speakers on my laptop for some reason have stopped working unless I use headphones:rant: I'm ordering my U2 iPod next week:drool: new headphones will come with that, but I'll need some before then. I don't feel like going out and spending money on them right now with Christmas coming up though. Yuck. This little developement is upsetting *ends bitch moment* :D

:drool: I'm in love with my U2 Ipod....

:angry: Sadly my dad made three scratches on the back, without that it's 100% unscratched!

Ipods scratch fast people? what????

:wink: yes, I'm very careful with it!

Can't you borrow earphones?

Galeongirl said:
:drool: I'm in love with my U2 Ipod....

:angry: Sadly my dad made three scratches on the back, without that it's 100% unscratched!

Ipods scratch fast people? what????

:wink: yes, I'm very careful with it!

Which version do you have?:hyper: I'm getting the new 30G one.:combust: Your dad scratched it?:tsk: See what happens when boys get toys...I'm sure you've seen the vid. of our boys playing aroud with the iPod (purple shirt Bono :drool: ) when it first came out. Like children really..:shame: :giggle: I can't wait to get mine. I could possibly borrow earphones, but I'm not a fan of sticking things in my ears that have been in other people's. LOL. I have a bazillion (slight exaggeration) songs downloaded and that's basically all I listen to. However I did bring all my Madonna and U2 CDs with me that I can just put in my CD player (like a regular one, not a discman) and I'll be set. They're all I need. Everything else is secondary.

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:

Omg VP, I never knew Sarah took that pic :drool: I love it! Bononeck :evil: *bites*

You've seen it before? I posted it just after the shows, but I didn't know it was floating around out there still. :lol:

I have a ton of others, too...she got a LOT of great shots. The ones she took were mostly from the first show or two we saw. After that, she was all " :grumpy: take your own damn pictures, I want to enjoy the shows :grumpy: " :lol:

Britt, a second mortgage?? Wow! :ohmy:

When she stopped skating, I think we were paying around $30 per half hour of private coaching (the rest of her time on ice was in groups)...and she was getting 30 minutes twice a week. If she'd gone on, that would have changed to several hours per week.

VintagePunk said:

You've seen it before? I posted it just after the shows, but I didn't know it was floating around out there still. :lol:

I have a ton of others, too...she got a LOT of great shots. The ones she took were mostly from the first show or two we saw. After that, she was all " :grumpy: take your own damn pictures, I want to enjoy the shows :grumpy: " :lol:

Britt, a second mortgage?? Wow! :ohmy:

When she stopped skating, I think we were paying around $30 per half hour of private coaching (the rest of her time on ice was in groups)...and she was getting 30 minutes twice a week. If she'd gone on, that would have changed to several hours per week.

I know!! To me it's :coocoo: but she really loves it and she's really good, so I guess it's worth it. What you were paying is fairly expensive, I can only imagine what it would've been like if she'd continued.

VintagePunk said:

What's more, I've been having it on my pc for AGES! :lol: I seriously never knew!

:lol: I would be like that too, but then again, I don't know, since I've never been at a U2 show yet :scream:

I gotta go now, it's late here :yawn: bedtime! Ciao all :wave:

Galeongirl said:

What's more, I've been having it on my pc for AGES! :lol: I seriously never knew!

:lol: I would be like that too, but then again, I don't know, since I've never been at a U2 show yet :scream:

I gotta go now, it's late here :yawn: bedtime! Ciao all :wave:

Have a good night GG! And don't worry, I have yet to go to a U2 show as well.:grumpy: :hug: I'll talk to you soon!

Back
Top Bottom