PLEBAn Girls and Guys Party - Bringing Bono For VP's Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
~BrightestStar~ said:

Anyone read Jo's bday message to VP?
Bono against a wall....
Shouldn't that be for me!? :hyper:
:lol:

:whistle: They say it's VP's birthday, it's your birthday too ...

Since you two are clones and everything, right?

So when is your birthday, Bri? :wink:

VintagePunk said:

Awwwwww!! :happy: :love:

Would it be lame if I waited till midnight to read it? :reject :lol:

I'm waiting till then to read my special birthday BP :evil :drool

Awww! :cute:
Not lame, adorable. ;)

I suppose that means I should send you my email soon too......
:shifty:

VintagePunk said:

It's obviously a time of year for greatness. :wink: :lol:

Obviously. :wink:

Last edited:
:hug: to everyone! Sorry I got booted. My puter hates me tonight for some reason.

Drea I wanted to ask you this may be a dumb question, but I have a calling card that is refillable do you know if something like that would work to make a call from Canada to the US?

Happy Birthday VP! :hyper: :dance: :hug: :heart:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:laugh:
You're sooo close to the truth, it's hilarious!

Mine's the 31st. :wink:

I was thinking of the Beatles' "Birthday" (with the lyric "They say it's your birthday, it's my birthday too") and the fact at least three of us have August birthdays. But yours is Wednesday? Cool. :cool:

And now for Bri:

ultracoolbono.jpg

He's walking out the door, one hand to you in a don't-try-to-stop-me gesture.

You're puzzled. You don't know what you did to possibly provoke this. "Have I done something to upset you?" you anxiously ask your beloved B.

"If you must know, I'm going to see her."

"Her? That young Canadian who's always after you?"

"Yes. She appreciates me. She understands my needs. I'm going to be with *her* now. Her birthday is Wednesday. I'm going to celebrate it with her," he tells you as he walks out the door.

The door closes. He's gone. You can't believe he left you like this.
But he reopened the door, sticks his head back in ... only to twist the knife into your heart.

"And I think you know exactly what I mean by *celebrate.*" Again, he closes the door. You hear him walk away from you.

The memories of your own birthday celebration with him weeks earlier come flooding back. Dinner. Champagne. Your gifts
from him. How he sang "Happy Birthday" to you. How he took you to bed ... no, you can't think of those things now ...

You only know she's going to have a happy birthday.

Russty Cat said:
:hug: to everyone! Sorry I got booted. My puter hates me tonight for some reason.

Drea I wanted to ask you this may be a dumb question, but I have a calling card that is refillable do you know if something like that would work to make a call from Canada to the US?

Happy Birthday VP! :hyper: :dance: :hug: :heart:

Hmmm... I know the calling card I have attached to my phone number works making a call from the States to Canada (when I remember the PIN for it, that is :lol: ) Should work in reverse... I know some cards have a 1-800 number or something like that to get your phone company before you dial :hmm: Do you have anything like that on the back of it?

Sad_Girl said:
Russty, Did you go back a few pages and find the new Edge Wallpaper? :flirt:

:hyper: I hadn't read back yet! But I will now. :D Edge! :drool:

Edge! Edge! Edge! I wonder if a certain Cindy girl will coming running now. :wink:

Drea said:

Hmmm... I know the calling card I have attached to my phone number works making a call from the States to Canada (when I remember the PIN for it, that is :lol: ) Should work in reverse... I know some cards have a 1-800 number or something like that to get your phone company before you dial :hmm: Do you have anything like that on the back of it?

I just checked and there is an 800 number. I'll call it later and ask if it will work. Thanks! :hug: :D

jobob said:

I was thinking of the Beatles' "Birthday" (with the lyric "They say it's your birthday, it's my birthday too") and the fact at least three of us have August birthdays. But yours is Wednesday? Cool. :cool:

And now for Bri:

ultracoolbono.jpg

He's walking out the door, one hand to you in a don't-try-to-stop-me gesture.

You're puzzled. You don't know what you did to possibly provoke this. "Have I done something to upset you?" you anxiously ask your beloved B.

"If you must know, I'm going to see her."

"Her? That young Canadian who's always after you?"

"Yes. She appreciates me. She understands my needs. I'm going to be with *her* now. Her birthday is Wednesday. I'm going to celebrate it with her," he tells you as he walks out the door.

The door closes. He's gone. You can't believe he left you like this.
But he reopened the door, sticks his head back in ... only to twist the knife into your heart.

"And I think you know exactly what I mean by *celebrate.*" Again, he closes the door. You hear him walk away from you.

The memories of your own birthday celebration with him weeks earlier come flooding back. Dinner. Champagne. Your gifts
from him. How he sang "Happy Birthday" to you. How he took you to bed ... no, you can't think of those things now ...

You only know she's going to have a happy birthday.

How awesome for Bri!! :)

But poor J. :sad: :(

Russty Cat said:

I just checked and there is an 800 number. I'll call it later and ask if it will work. Thanks! :hug: :D

Russty:

The US and Canada are on the same area code and phone number system. So there's no reason why your card should not work for calling between them.

A whole other lifetime ago, back in the 1990s, I worked in customer service for a long distance phone company. Not the best job I ever had. But I still remember one or two of the things I learned about phone companies. :wink:

Drea said:
I'm just informing her now... her "Edgie sense" doesn't seem to be working tonight :giggle:

Well tell her to get her bum in here already! Dammit! Its been, um like hours since I've talked to her. :giggle:

jobob said:

Russty:

The US and Canada are on the same area code and phone number system. So there's no reason why your card should not work for calling between them.

A whole other lifetime ago, back in the 1990s, I worked in customer service for a long distance phone company. Not the best job I ever had. But I still remember one or two of the things I learned about phone companies. :wink:

Thanks Joanne I didn't know that. :D :hug: I'm a complete novice in this traveling to Canada stuff. :giggle:

Russty - Cindy says to tell you if you stick around she might pop over or she might get on Yahoo for a bit... she's really tired.

Drea said:
Russty - Cindy says to tell you if you stick around she might pop over or she might get on Yahoo for a bit... she's really tired.

:( Fine make me cry like a little girl. :wink: :giggle: She could get on Yahoo for a few and make me happy. Or she could just go to bed and be forced to a long drawn out phone call tomorrow. :evil: :lol:

Russty Cat said:

Thanks Joanne I didn't know that. :D :hug: I'm a complete novice in this traveling to Canada stuff. :giggle:

Another Very Important Thing About Traveling to Canada: Make sure you bring both your picture ID and a certified copy of your birth certificate (or your passport, if you have one) with you to the border. Customs agents on both sides of the US/Canadian border can and will ask you for these things for identification.

My friends and I were very surprised when we were not asked for our ID when we entered Ontario from Port Huron, Michigan, on Friday night -- but we had to show our driver's licenses and birth certificates to the US Customs agent when we returned to Port Huron yesterday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom