PLEBAn Girls and Guys Party - Bringing Bono For VP's Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we expect a full report, missy! and i hope you find a way to meet him before or after. employ all your finely honed pleba skills!

ruffian said:
we expect a full report, missy! and i hope you find a way to meet him before or after. employ all your finely honed pleba skills!

A meeting might be tough. If B is just introducing Sacks, my hunch is that he'll leave the premises soon after he's done. And I want to hear Sacks speak.

Before might be tough too. He'll probably show up just before showtime, so to speak.

What I AM thinking of doing, is going into the city after my library shift ends at 7 pm on Friday night. I don't have tickets to that show, so what I'd do is wait for The Guys to come out afterwards. That would be too amazing...say hi to one of them or more Saturday am, then go home, sleep fast, and return to the city that evening for the show! We'll see...!

Diane, if you were to wait for them before or after a show at MSG, where would you go? I was there last month and I didn't see any kind of entrance...maybe I was at the wrong area? I'm wondering because I'd like to try to catch Bono or someone on the day of my show...

Diane L said:

A meeting might be tough. If B is just introducing Sacks, my hunch is that he'll leave the premises soon after he's done. And I want to hear Sacks speak.

Before might be tough too. He'll probably show up just before showtime, so to speak.

What I AM thinking of doing, is going into the city after my library shift ends at 7 pm on Friday night. I don't have tickets to that show, so what I'd do is wait for The Guys to come out afterwards. That would be too amazing...say hi to one of them or more Saturday am, then go home, sleep fast, and return to the city that evening for the show! We'll see...!

sounds like a great plan :hyper:

I think it's going to be hard to meet them outside the TD Banknorth Garden since their cars and buses go into an underground parking lot. :(

sami0201 said:
Diane, if you were to wait for them before or after a show at MSG, where would you go? I was there last month and I didn't see any kind of entrance...maybe I was at the wrong area? I'm wondering because I'd like to try to catch Bono or someone on the day of my show...

I think it's over by the middle of the complex, where you have a driveway between the Garden and Penn Station. But I'm not sure. I guess I'll be finding out!!!

daygloeyes2 said:
I think it's going to be hard to meet them outside the TD Banknorth Garden since their cars and buses go into an underground parking lot. :(

they might come out if they see people standing there :shrug: most places probably have underground lots, don't they?

I don't know anything about this kind of stuff :reject:

Diane L said:

I think it's over by the middle of the complex, where you have a driveway between the Garden and Penn Station. But I'm not sure. I guess I'll be finding out!!!

let me know if you find out, I'm going to the last show they are doing there in October.

I don't think I saw a garage entrance in that driveway :hmm: that's where you walk out of Penn and into the Garden right? I guess we'll see!

daygloeyes2 said:

A friend of mine and her son talked to a couple of them at the Four Seasons Hotel in Boston. I think waiting by the hotel is your best bet in Beantown.

sami0201 said:

let me know if you find out, I'm going to the last show they are doing there in October.

I don't think I saw a garage entrance in that driveway :hmm: that's where you walk out of Penn and into the Garden right? I guess we'll see!

It's a driveway between 7th and 8th Avenues. Actually, I'm getting this wrong...I guess technically Penn Station is on both sides of this driveway. :reject:

I'm going to the October 14th show too!!! :drool:

daygloeyes2 said:

It's rather difficult but I waited around the back entrance only to have these stupid cops to tell us to leave. Not many people left though. :D

And try to catch them at the hotel they are staying at.

Diane L said:

It's a driveway between 7th and 8th Avenues. Actually, I'm getting this wrong...I guess technically Penn Station is on both sides of this driveway. :reject:

I'm going to the October 14th show too!!! :drool:

I'm so excited, it's my first ever U2 show! :hyper:
where are your seats?

at almost every venue the cars go down into a driveway under the arena, but they usually stop at the top of the ramp. the only cities they didn't stop in on the first leg of the were new jersey and i think philly--because they were staying in new york and got there really late in the day. and only adam signed in phoenix....not to say they ALWAYS come out, but the ramp thing is pretty standard...

a friend just sent me about 11 discs with lots of remixes, some interesting live stuff (how did i miss out hearing the live acoustic version of sunday bloody sunday???). if you guys want anything let me know and i can send it. the problem is nothing is labeled so i'll have to create a list. i know there are remixes from lots of the Pop and AB songs...

U2Girl1978 said:

It's rather difficult but I waited around the back entrance only to have these stupid cops to tell us to leave. Not many people left though. :D

And try to catch them at the hotel they are staying at.

cops can be dealt with :sexywink:

i'm bringin' donuts for them on the 3rd leg! :laugh:

birthday.jpg

OMG SG that is SO CUTE!!!! :applaud:

oh yum. that is one package i'd like to unwrap
slowly using only my teeth

ruffian said:
a friend just sent me about 11 discs with lots of remixes, some interesting live stuff (how did i miss out hearing the live acoustic version of sunday bloody sunday???). if you guys want anything let me know and i can send it. the problem is nothing is labeled so i'll have to create a list. i know there are remixes from lots of the Pop and AB songs...

That's very very cool! :hyper:

Oooh Oooh ruffian! Anything you can send me would be totally awesome. I have a bunch of concerts on my computer if you need anything.

Elevation Notre Dame 10/10/01
Popmart Sarajevo 9/23/97
Popmart Santiago De Chile
ZooTV Montreal 3/23/1992
Las Vegas Popmart 4/25/1997
ZooTV Dublin 8/28
ZooTV London 8/11/1993
Elevation Providence 10/31/01

:D

U2Girl1978 said:
Oooh Oooh ruffian! Anything you can send me would be totally awesome. I have a bunch of concerts on my computer if you need anything.

Elevation Notre Dame 10/10/01
Popmart Sarajevo 9/23/97
Popmart Santiago De Chile
ZooTV Montreal 3/23/1992
Las Vegas Popmart 4/25/1997
ZooTV Dublin 8/28
ZooTV London 8/11/1993
Elevation Providence 10/31/01

:D

I'm downloading Notre Dame right now and downloaded the Sarajevo show a few days ago.The Sarajevo show is sooo :drool: worthy.

Back
Top Bottom