Pleban Girls and Boys Party - Be afraid, be very afraid!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:
Hi Snooky!!! :wave: :hug:

The HOF was amazing. VH1 actually did a good job. Bruce's speech was just right, and the guys spoke from the heart. I think my favorite was Edge's...how he talked about waiting for the magic to happen.

I hope one day I get the chance to tell him that the magic is wherever his band is...they're the ones that make the magic happen!!!

I was definately thiking about saying something like that {the magic, it's Soooo true :hyper: :drool: }to Edge....if I got to met him again !

Awww :cute:

Bono2269.jpg

the rockin edge said:

I didn't really want to see em there, I wanted to see them in chicago in the spring and fall. but i couldn't get tickets in the spring and ended up in denver :lol: and the chicago dates in the fall are during my trip so got stuck with omaha:wink:

Well I guess you have to take the music where you can find it. I was hoping for a Sacramento show to happen, but when that ball never dropped I settled for Oakland.

And my past experience is going to new places for music can be a good thing. I've found some really great cities that way.

Hi Snooky! :hug:

BUMP :bump: sorry i have to get this covo rollig now {so i can talk to therm by early SEPT}

:help: :help: :help:

so I've been assigned to help my sis & mutual freind fid u2 Tix in Oct OR Nov...

Now of course.....I ended up doing it through here.....which I explained to sis.

And I told her about Registering with Ticketmaster,{like I did and now that I have a bigger credlimit I could possibly charge 2 GA's or 1 GA & one expensive} for myself :D {praying FERVENTRLY!}

BUT I DO'NT know ANYTHING about this "soft" tix, this ETS stuff or aything else ad I have to be able to explain their options to them!!!

:help: :help: :wink:

Last edited:
Russty Cat said:

Well I guess you have to take the music where you can find it. I was hoping for a Sacramento show to happen, but when that ball never dropped I settled for Oakland.

And my past experience is going to new places for music can be a good thing. I've found some really great cities that way.

yeah, I end up going all over for shows, as Iowa gets nada. I actually went to Idaho for a show last summer :lol:

night diane :wave:

dazzledbylight said:

so I've been assigned to help my sis & mutual freind fid u2 Tix in Oct OR Nov...

Now of course.....I ended up doing it through here.....which I explained to sis.

And I told her about Registering with YTicketmaster,{like I did and now that I have a bigger credlimit I could possibly charge 2 GA's or 1 GA & one expensive} for myself :D {prayig FERVENTRLY!}

BUT I DO'NT kow ANYTHING about this "soft" tix, this ETS stuff or aything elese ad I have to be able to explain their options to them!!!
:help: :help: :help: :wink:

Unfortunately, I've become an expert in the difficulties in getting tickets. :huh:

It is very unlikely that they'll find anything face value. MSG is really in demand. But, it doesn't hurt to try. Post a message in the "What Do You Want" thread.

TM sometimes does ticketdrops on the day of the event...they'd have to line up at the venue ticket window or sit online. With the demand far outweighing the supply, I'm not sure I'd go that route.

If they don't mind paying extra, ETS is a good way to go. If this is an option for them, I can explain how it works...

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:
BUMP :bump: sorry i have to get this covo rollig now {so i can talk to therm by early SEPT}

And I told her about Registering with Ticketmaster,{like I did and now that I have a bigger credlimit I could possibly charge 2 GA's or 1 GA & one expensive} for myself :D {praying FERVENTRLY!}

BUT I DO'NT know ANYTHING about this "soft" tix, this ETS stuff or aything else ad I have to be able to explain their options to them!!!

:help: :help: :wink:

Dazz...

E-bay is also another alternative. With the various E-bay/Paypal purchaser protection policies, it's fairly safe. But, you'd have to check out the auctions...not sure you could do any better there than you could with ETS.

:ohmy:

sorry didn't know if anyone caught this. so I bumped it....
Thaks VP....further inquiry.........
'
Evetho I've heard People talk about this ETS...i do't know what it is....? and what's this "soft" tix {in realationship to PPL talking about havig "hard" tix in their hands.......[maybe that should be tixxx :wink: ]

Soft tickets are ones that the purchaser has printed out themselves on their computer, after ordering from TM. Very easy to copy/counterfeit. NEVER buy soft tickets second hand, unless you know the source and trust them implicitly.

When buying ANY tickets online, always verify that they're hard tickets (the regular TM tickets).

MBS said:
My dad and dogs have been sprayed by a skunk and we have no apple juice...:yikes:

Suggestions????

:help:
OMG, that's happened to Kelly twice in the past 2 years...I know the ONLY thing that will work, peroxide and dish soap...just a sec, I'll get the amounts.

VintagePunk said:
Soft tickets are ones that the purchaser has printed out themselves on their computer, after ordering from TM. Very easy to copy/counterfeit. NEVER buy soft tickets second hand, unless you know the source and trust them implicitly.

When buying ANY tickets online, always verify that they're hard tickets (the regular TM tickets).

:yikes: I have to sell 2 soft tickets for an October show

the rockin edge said:

yeah, I end up going all over for shows, as Iowa gets nada. I actually went to Idaho for a show last summer :lol:

night diane :wave:

:lol: Tre you and I would get along well. I'm heading to Canada in 11 days for a Pearl Jam show. I think driving wise it will be the farthest. But I've flown far as well for other bands.

VintagePunk said:

Thanks VP
I was afraid of :yikes:/figured that might be a problem........

but what IS ETS....a partcular tix broker???? or a seperate...Have/want site?

sorry to go on...but i'm tryig to get eough to ...arm them with info.....

Bri, this is the best solution...I used tomato juice once and it turns out it really doesn't work. This will really help:

1 quart (or liter) of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide, H2O2.
Use fresh (unopened) hydrogen peroxide (H2O2). Hydrogen peroxide eventually turns into water (H2O).
1/4 cup (50 ml.) of Baking Soda
1 teaspoon (5 ml.) of Liquid Soap
1 pair of plastic or latex gloves

To Use
Bathe the dog outside or, if it's too dark or cold, in the bathroom with the door closed and window opened.
Combine the ingredients in an open container (do not store in a sealed bottle--it will explode).
Using gloves, wash your dog with lukewarm water and the mixture while the mixture is bubbling. Work the mixture well into the fur.
Be sure to concentrate on the area that was sprayed.
Keep mixture away from your dog's face and eyes (it's a harsh solution). (If your dog has been sprayed in the face, try Tricotine Liquid Douche Concentrate or any over-the-counter douche.)
Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes or so before rinsing off.
Rinse the dog with lukewarm tap water. Don't wash the mixture into your dog's eyes (use a washcloth to cover the eyes if you're rinsing the head).
After bathing, check your dog's eyes. If they are red and watering, your dog may have taken a direct hit in the face. Skunk spray won't blind the dog, but it's very painful. Contact a vet.

How it works
First a quote from Dr. Caceci of Texas A&M University:

Forget what you have heard about tomato juice--it doesn't work. Skunk spray is mainly composed of low molecular weight thiol compounds. ("Thiols" are compounds with the "-SH radical" attached to a carbon atom.) In industrial applications, alkaline hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is used for scrubbing similar compounds from waste gas streams.
Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, when combined, become a "chemical engine" for churning out oxygen. That's why it has to be used immediately after mixing. The soap breaks up the oils in the skunk spray, allowing the other ingredients to do their work.

Back
Top Bottom