Pleban Girls and Boys Party - Be afraid, be very afraid!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the rockin edge said:

:shrug: hardly anyone from here is going, that i've seen
:wink:

at least no one i know :lol:

Every time I think of Omaha, I think of that old wildlife show that used to be on Sunday afternoons that was 'Brought to you by the Mutual of Omaha' as they announced several times during the show. :eyebrow: That's actually the only thing I have to associate to it. I know nothing about Nebraska. :reject:

Diane L said:

I've never admitted this before here, and few people know this, but I once drove myself to a hospital because I knew if I didn't, I was going to hurt myself in front of co-workers at a high-pressure store I worked in at the time. It was the first step towards getting help.

I really don't feel comfortable elaborating more on a public message board, but...:hug: :hug:

:sad: :sad: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

Every time I think of Omaha, I think of that old wildlife show that used to be on Sunday afternoons that was 'Brought to you by the Mutual of Omaha' as they announced several times during the show. :eyebrow: That's actually the only thing I have to associate to it. I know nothing about Nebraska. :reject:

Marlon Perkins!!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Sad_Girl said:

:laugh: there's not much to know. Omaha's ok i guess, i've only been there a couple times. the rest of the state is very boring :wink:

I've made a big deal here about wanting to go to Vegas to see U2. I came to the sad decision today I just can't financially do so at this time. *sigh* Maybe next tour...

But there's another city where I think seeing the guys could potentially be amazing...Salt Lake City. I've heard the venue is relatively small so you'd potentially get closer than at other sites. And the city looked beautiful during the Olympic coverage a couple of years ago. I know there wouldn't be the chance of misbehaving much there, like in Vegas, but it's the second-to-last show (the penultimate show, to use one of my favorite big words!) and that alone would make it special.

Diane L said:
I've made a big deal here about wanting to go to Vegas to see U2. I came to the sad decision today I just can't financially do so at this time. *sigh* Maybe next tour...

But there's another city where I think seeing the guys could potentially be amazing...Salt Lake City. I've heard the venue is relatively small so you'd potentially get closer than at other sites. And the city looked beautiful during the Olympic coverage a couple of years ago. I know there wouldn't be the chance of misbehaving much there, like in Vegas, but it's the second-to-last show (the penultimate show, to use one of my favorite big words!) and that alone would make it special. Plus it's relatively close to where my U2 concert buddy Kathy now lives in Idaho.

OOPS...I just wanted to add the last line and I messed it up! :reject:

Russty Cat said:
Random comment.....

Damn I love watching Larry drum! :drool: :faint:

ipod_l3.gif
ipod_l4.gif
larorgasmic.gif

Diane L said:

But there's another city where I think seeing the guys could potentially be amazing...Salt Lake City. I've heard the venue is relatively small so you'd potentially get closer than at other sites. And the city looked beautiful during the Olympic coverage a couple of years ago. I know there wouldn't be the chance of misbehaving much there, like in Vegas, but it's the second-to-last show (the penultimate show, to use one of my favorite big words!) and that alone would make it special.

:hug:

Given my student status, I can only go to shows that are a train ride away...flights are too damned expensive, and I have to budget. I'm hoping to be in a better position next tour. Maybe even pull a Ruff. :wink:

Ruff is now a verb. "To Ruff..." :lmao:

Russty Cat said:
I've never been to Nebraska either. But for U2 I'd give it a go. :wink:

I didn't really want to see em there, I wanted to see them in chicago in the spring and fall. but i couldn't get tickets in the spring and ended up in denver :lol: and the chicago dates in the fall are during my trip so got stuck with omaha:wink:

oh jeeezzzz

I was at my sis's Tues & weds

ad i put on the HOF tape 2 1/2 times during my stay {plus Brookly} .......not only watching them {& Bruuuuce} play, but just watchig them react to Bruce's speech, and each of them reacting to each other's speeches et al:hyper: :love: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

VintagePunk said:

:hug:

Given my student status, I can only go to shows that are a train ride away...flights are too damned expensive, and I have to budget. I'm hoping to be in a better position next tour. Maybe even pull a Ruff. :wink:

Ruff is now a verb. "To Ruff..." :lmao:

As in "Hopefully NEXT U2 Tour, I'm gonna Ruff it?.....:lol:

Hi Snooky!!! :wave: :hug:

The HOF was amazing. VH1 actually did a good job. Bruce's speech was just right, and the guys spoke from the heart. I think my favorite was Edge's...how he talked about waiting for the magic to happen.

I hope one day I get the chance to tell him that the magic is wherever his band is...they're the ones that make the magic happen!!!

Back
Top Bottom