Pleban Girl Party.....We are one horny bunch!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
greeneyedgirl said:
sobe, when my gran was ill, we asked her to tell us stories about when she was younger (and we wrote them down)
it helped her through ovarian cancer, took her mind off of it, remembering things and sharing them.

When we got to her house we started going through things as she asked. She can't go back home, so we're having to go thru it all. one of the first things I found was a book that she had written over the years. She started writing in it in 97 and stopped a year ago. It is filled with stories and pictures. A TREASURE! I have read it twice now and even though it makes me cry right now, I'm greatful she's given us such a gift.

:hug: :hug: Thanks for letting me vent and for caring. I don't want to bring my sadness here, but am so glad I have ya'll to share with. :hug;

SoBe said:

When we got to her house we started going through things as she asked. She can't go back home, so we're having to go thru it all. one of the first things I found was a book that she had written over the years. She started writing in it in 97 and stopped a year ago. It is filled with stories and pictures. A TREASURE! I have read it twice now and even though it makes me cry right now, I'm greatful she's given us such a gift.

OMG, that's SO awesome!!!! :heart: :sad: :hug:

SoBe said:

that is a real gem!!!

sobe, we found letters going back to 1923 that grandma had written to he brothers and sisters. it makes me feel closer to her now to have such intimate pieces of her life and understand how life was for her at my age now. i hope you can preserve the book so that others will be able to share it later.

:hug:

greeneyedgirl said:
sobe, we found letters going back to 1923 that grandma had written to he brothers and sisters. it makes me feel closer to her now to have such intimate pieces of her life and understand how life was for her at my age now. i hope you can preserve the book so that others will be able to share it later.

:hug:

What treasures! Those really give you an intimate glimpse into their lives and brings you even closer to them by understanding who they were then and where they came from. :hug:

Did I post this one already? I'm running into triple copies of the same pictures... it's hard to keep track and organize them all!

29926771.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom