Pleban Girl Party: School of Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russty Cat said:
DAmn that was supposed to be an Edge pic! :laugh: Bono is always so sneaky!

Look at his shirt too! Only two buttons done! I think he is getting a bit jealous of our Edge love! He wants attention.

:hug: Bono

:laugh:

Who wouldn't be jealous when Edge has got Cindy groping his arse?? :giggle:

530955474wn.jpg

:drool::combust:

3445798723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323995%3A5%3C392ot1lsi

I love how he looks so at ease and confident here. The leather jacket is so hot too! I love how he never does the full on look at me I'm a rock star thing. He's just his own person and always manages to look so hot without even trying. :drool:

Russty Cat said:

:hug: SP, thank you! You guys sound exactly like us. Its so nice to know we aren't the only people who have had to deal with this. I'm hoping like you guys did that we can come to some sort of common ground. I'm going thru all these huge changes and I want him to be part of some of them. I even told him if I start working for Kirk I'm using Russty as my name. I'm totally abandoning my real name. I just can't be that person anymore. He said okay if I had to do it that way he would cope. But I want him to be happy with me and I want him to be included in my adult life. Not just be this guy thats been hanging out with me since I was a kid.

Honestly I think he was a young guy who fell in love with an idea of someoone. When he met me I was 14 and way to mature for my age. He ended up going away to Desert Storm and the whole time he would get letters from a friend about me and her. I think we were a beacon back home to keep him going. So years later when we met up again he wanted to be this knight in shining armor who rescued me from my crappy life. And honestly I needed someone who for once wanted to help me. I was a tired sick girl who wanted out. So I took what seemed to be the easy way. We never really discussed what the future would hold.

So now here we are a music loving artist hard edged girl married to a small town loving straight laced guy who is content to just sit around and watch life go by. <head desk> :huh: :wink:
OMG RUSTY!! That's too damn freaky!! :eek: :D when we met he was in the Navy :drool: and I was only 18 . I know what you mean by "he fell in love with the idea of someone" He knew from the get go that I was/am/always will be a huge U2/ music fan, and that I was devoted to my sister,but I don't think he fully understood the "extremeness" of it til later on....I would take off to go be with my sister for up to a month and he took it as me putting her above him, like I was saying he wasn't as important to me.:blahblah: I have never been a "people" person I am very happy living in my own little world, he on the other hand is a "people" person, He used to get upset and ask me how I could not like to be around people all the time. He has since declaired my headphones his mortal enemy:lol: Even with all of our diferences I couldn't imagine my life without the man.

Russty Cat said:
3445798723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323995%3A5%3C392ot1lsi

I love how he looks so at ease and confident here. The leather jacket is so hot too! I love how he never does the full on look at me I'm a rock star thing. He's just his own person and always manages to look so hot without even trying. :drool:

:yes:
Same goes with his playing. He's so modest about it all, I love that. :heart:

I think he stopped trying to look hot...he must've learned after this pic :giggle:

sexyedge.jpg

Snooky pie said:

OMG RUSTY!! That's too damn freaky!! :eek: :D when we met he was in the Navy :drool: and I was only 18 . I know what you mean by "he fell in love with the idea of someone" He knew from the get go that I was/am/always will be a huge U2/ music fan, and that I was devoted to my sister,but I don't think he fully understood the "extremeness" of it til later on....I would take off to go be with my sister for up to a month and he took it as me putting her above him, like I was saying he wasn't as important to me.:blahblah: I have never been a "people" person I am very happy living in my own little world, he on the other hand is a "people" person, He used to get upset and ask me how I could not like to be around people all the time. He has since declaired my headphones his mortal enemy:lol: Even with all of our diferences I couldn't imagine my life without the man.

We are to much alike! That is just to weird! Mr. Cat knew from the beginning that if he married me he was getting my family and all of their problems as well. But when he married me I was a total shell of a person. I didn't do much of what I loved. I think he thought I would be this little perfect trophy wife. My girlfriend warned him that I was really hard to love that I had so many walls up around my heart that he would never fully get in and that I was a very independent person. I don't think he really believed her. funny thing tonight he yelled at me "Are you ever gonna fucking let me in!!" I was like in where?! He said "Your fucking heart." He said he doesn't even really know who I am. Welcome to the party buddy, that is my twisited life. :laugh: I have opened up a lot to him. Especially lately. I'm trying. But I'm alot like you, I do okay on my own. I don't want to invest to much in other people, it hurts to much when they die or leave me. I've had to much of that in my life. I guess I've just never been able to give up control to someone else. I dont' think I'll ever be ready to do that. He is just going to have to cope. As for the music I'm really hoping he will start to try harder. Music is my life, its my heart and my passion. Without it I would go nuts. I want him to understand that and learn to somehow enjoy at least a part of it with me.

I swear he totally reminds me of the early Beatles in that picture! Its so cheesy, I feel like I need crackers with it! :laugh:

I saw a thing on tv today how they were saying that Irish people have such great skin, cuz they don't get alot of sun and its always humid there. It makes alot of sense. :yes: And Edge does have great skin. All the boys do. Lucky stinkers!

I'm gonna go to bed and try to sleep. For the last week I've been sleeping at 3:00am every night, my internal clock is completely messed :huh:

Night girls! :hug:
Sweet Bono/Edge dreams

Russty Cat said:

We are to much alike! That is just to weird! Mr. Cat knew from the beginning that if he married me he was getting my family and all of their problems as well. But when he married me I was a total shell of a person. I didn't do much of what I loved. I think he thought I would be this little perfect trophy wife. My girlfriend warned him that I was really hard to love that I had so many walls up around my heart that he would never fully get in and that I was a very independent person. I don't think he really believed her. funny thing tonight he yelled at me "Are you ever gonna fucking let me in!!" I was like in where?! He said "Your fucking heart." He said he doesn't even really know who I am. Welcome to the party buddy, that is my twisited life. :laugh: I have opened up a lot to him. Especially lately. I'm trying. But I'm alot like you, I do okay on my own. I don't want to invest to much in other people, it hurts to much when they die or leave me. I've had to much of that in my life. I guess I've just never been able to give up control to someone else. I dont' think I'll ever be ready to do that. He is just going to have to cope. As for the music I'm really hoping he will start to try harder. Music is my life, its my heart and my passion. Without it I would go nuts. I want him to understand that and learn to somehow enjoy at least a part of it with me.

He has gone as far as saying my "obsession with music was unhealthy:madspit: so I told him that if he's listen to more than AC/DC or Metallica he might fully understand what REAL MUSIC is all about!!
When reanna died he seriously thought about having my "put away" while he chose to pretend it/she never happened, he thought I dwelled on it to much.......to this day he still won't really talk about her,and it pisses me off :mad: :rant: he still doesn't understand that it was/is music that get's me through my bullshit life, I can only hope that one day he gets it but I ain't holdin my breath!!!!!

Last edited:
Snooky pie said:

He has gone as far as saying my "obsession with music was unhealthy:madspit: so I told him that if he's listen to more than AC/DC or Metallica he might fully understand what REAL MUSIC is all about!!
When reanna died he seriously thought about having my "put away" while he chose to pretend it/she never happened, he thought I dwelled on it to much.......to this day he still won't really talk about her,and it pisses me off :mad: :rant: he still doesn't understand that it was/is music that get's me through my bullshit life, I can only hope that one day he gets it but I ain't holdin my breath!!!!!

Mr. Cat used to be like that as well. I think he finally got a bit of what it does for me earlier this year when my friend died and I was listening to SYCMIOYO alot. I told him this is whats keeping me from completely loosing it and maiming someone. But he still doesn't "get it" He says. He doesn't get how the music can take the pain away. I told him its how I can just let go of stuff sometimes. When they dropped the big bomb a few months back about us not being able to have anymore kids I came home went into the studio and just turned up the music really loud and started just yelling I was so pissed off. He came out and asked me what I was doing. I told him its the only thing I can do to let go of this crap, since you refuse to even face reality or deal with it. He asked me deal with what?! The look on his face was priceless when I yelled "Michael! You remember our son, Michael!!!" First time he ever acknowledge in words that we have three kids. funny thing I think alot of the problems started again when I told him that we couldn't have anymore kids. He doesn't accept the fact that if I got pregnant again it could kill me. He doesn't want to.

Hawt dayum!!! I will never get over Bonos eyes! They never loose their magic. You could totally loose yourself in them.

Russty Cat said:

Mr. Cat used to be like that as well. I think he finally got a bit of what it does for me earlier this year when my friend died and I was listening to SYCMIOYO alot. I told him this is whats keeping me from completely loosing it and maiming someone. But he still doesn't "get it" He says. He doesn't get how the music can take the pain away. I told him its how I can just let go of stuff sometimes. When they dropped the big bomb a few months back about us not being able to have anymore kids I came home went into the studio and just turned up the music really loud and started just yelling I was so pissed off. He came out and asked me what I was doing. I told him its the only thing I can do to let go of this crap, since you refuse to even face reality or deal with it. He asked me deal with what?! The look on his face was priceless when I yelled "Michael! You remember our son, Michael!!!" First time he ever acknowledge in words that we have three kids. funny thing I think alot of the problems started again when I told him that we couldn't have anymore kids. He doesn't accept the fact that if I got pregnant again it could kill me. He doesn't want to.
He wasn't even in the room with me when our son was born, he didn't even want to know the sex of the baby. I guess after Reanna the loss of another baby was too much for him, I was in induced labor for 5 days and at one piont my mom looked at me and said "you need your U2 don't you" and he looked at her like she was crazy, they wouldn't let me have an epi because it had taken so long to get the labor going that the dr. thought it would slow things down, anyway my mom looked him dead in the face and said" what....It would do a lot more for her pain than any drug could":heart: I was so proud of her!
Like I said he wasn't even in the room when the baby was born and has no clue he has a son, doesn't even want to know. My sister named the baby.
I guess they (men) think that if they don't think about it, it isn't real. :tsk:

Snooky pie said:

He wasn't even in the room with me when our son was born, he didn't even want to know the sex of the baby. I guess after Reanna the loss of another baby was too much for him, I was in induced labor for 5 days and at one piont my mom looked at me and said "you need your U2 don't you" and he looked at her like she was crazy, they wouldn't let me have an epi because it had taken so long to get the labor going that the dr. thought it would slow things down, anyway my mom looked him dead in the face and said" what....It would do a lot more for her pain than any drug could":heart: I was so proud of her!
Like I said he wasn't even in the room when the baby was born and has no clue he has a son, doesn't even want to know. My sister named the baby.
I guess they (men) think that if they don't think about it, it isn't real. :tsk:

I love your mom for that!! She is a wise woman! I think your right that they figure that if they don't know they can just pretend and not have to deal with it. I'm glad in a way that we won't ever have to go thru that again, cuz I have a feeling we wouldn't make it thru. As it is I feel like sometimes we are holding on by a thread. The kids are the only thing holding us together. If we didn't have the girls I would have left along time ago. I would miss him and hate having to do that, but I think life would be very different.

I wish we would have been friends years ago. I would have been there for you in a heartbeat. :hug: I know that no one can fix that pain, but at least i know how you feel. You are such a brave woman, you amaze me sometimes. :heart:

Russty Cat said:

I love your mom for that!! She is a wise woman! I think your right that they figure that if they don't know they can just pretend and not have to deal with it. I'm glad in a way that we won't ever have to go thru that again, cuz I have a feeling we wouldn't make it thru. As it is I feel like sometimes we are holding on by a thread. The kids are the only thing holding us together. If we didn't have the girls I would have left along time ago. I would miss him and hate having to do that, but I think life would be very different.

I wish we would have been friends years ago. I would have been there for you in a heartbeat. :hug: I know that no one can fix that pain, but at least i know how you feel. You are such a brave woman, you amaze me sometimes. :heart:
Awww Rusty:hug: :hug: Right back at chya :heart:

You know when I said that Mr. SP and I split up for a bit, I was pregnant, he was so freaked out and scared he started drinking alot and partying all the time, he just couldn't deal, and I know that the seperation would have lasted alot longer if I hadn't gotten sick and almost died (food poisoning) and had to be put in the hospital. My friend Sharon called him and chewed him a new one , she blamed him. When the Dr. told him that because I was so sick and pregnant things didn't look good for me or the baby He freaked out and asked me if we could start over.
Have you and Mr. Cat thoght about doing a "date night" get to know each other again, we did that and at first I wasn't sure if I wanted to get to know him again but now I'm glad I did.

I really do have to get to bed now as much as I hate to!
Night Rusty :hug: :wave:

Back
Top Bottom