Pleban Girl Party: Getting Ready for Hallowen with a U2 Marathon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane, I feel the same but it's not as much as an issue for me because I'm not ALLOWED to go in the rain. I think my aunt is leaning towards buying us tickets for November, she's so jealous that she's not going!! :hyper: :evil: I really wanted to go to the gallery too, but I don't think I'll have enough time :(

BG! :hyper: :lol: being happy is fun!

Hi Diane! :wave:

Just college was great today, I only had English Literature but Ive started 5 weeks late! Even though I'm seriously behind with the work, I love it! Its so much better than English Language :yes:

Plus....New Boy is in there :drool:

Diane - I know how you feel - just any small chance of a close encounter is enough to get you all anxious and worked up and hopeful - but then you have to decide how far you'll go for that off chance. I ended up with blisters the size of $.50 pieces on the bottoms of my feet and crappy positioning on the floor for a concert for the chance to meet Adam. Thankfully my bet paid off, but there were plenty of moments when I was sure it wouldn't and was nearly ready to give it up :hug:

Hey BG :hug: How are you feeling? Besides happy :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

Hey BG :hug: How are you feeling? Besides happy :wink:

:giggle:

Erm, besides happy?

Well, my headache came back which was a bit crap....bloody thing blinded me :(.... I forgot to take my antihistamine which means Ive been sneezing all day like nobosdy's business :lol

How are you hun? :hug:

:yes: I hope I'll be back in November!

and girls, I've been thinking about this all day: I'm SO excited to see U2, and I'm SO excited to go and I think it will be so amazing, so I'm worried! I'm scared that I am expecting so much that it won't be as good as I think it's going to be! Do you know what I mean? :reject:

SG, you are truly the voice of reason. I DO feel anxious and worked up, but I also just can't face standing in the rain after 1-1/4 hours of it on Saturday. :hug:

And BG, I've found when you like a class, like you like English Lit, even doing homework is a joy. You'll catch up to the class in no time!

sami0201 said:

and girls, I've been thinking about this all day: I'm SO excited to see U2, and I'm SO excited to go and I think it will be so amazing, so I'm worried! I'm scared that I am expecting so much that it won't be as good as I think it's going to be! Do you know what I mean? :reject:

It WILL be that good. I've seen the Vertigo show three times--tonight will be my fourth--and even though I've seen it before I am still deliriously happy when I'm watching my favorite band. They are as good as advertised...really!

Diane :hug: I don't blame you, but like you said you will have another chance!! That's why I'm not so upset, I know I have another chance.

Personally, I think it might not be worth it to get SOAKED in the rain because what if they don't come out? :shrug:

sami0201 said:

Sami...

sweetie...

U2 in concert is....

How can I say?

ABSOLOUTLEY :censored: AMAZING!!!!

My first gig was a few months ago...and even thought I was in Reserved Seating t'was the best night of my life!

See my msn name...5 months on :lol:

BG - Have you seen a Dr yet about that headache? :uhoh: :hug: you need to take better care of our friend, you know! :wink:

Sami - I totally understand your anxiety - but it will be a blast and totally worth it :yes: and if you feel let down at all, remember you have more concerts in your future :)

Diane - Same goes for you, there will be other chances to meet the B-man :)

** Oh, and to answer your question BG - I'm doing really good! :heart:

Diane L said:

It WILL be that good. I've seen the Vertigo show three times--tonight will be my fourth--and even though I've seen it before I am still deliriously happy when I'm watching my favorite band. They are as good as advertised...really!

:hyper: ok!!

I just hope I can see them from my seats and that something isn't blocking us because we are kind of on a weird angle toward the back of the stage, almost diagonal from the back corner and all the way on the top

do you know if they have had tickets at the box office?

sami0201 said:
Diane :hug: I don't blame you, but like you said you will have another chance!! That's why I'm not so upset, I know I have another chance.

Personally, I think it might not be worth it to get SOAKED in the rain because what if they don't come out? :shrug:

I had to buy clothes at Kmart because I was so wet. Then the Garden was freezing, and I had to wear my wet jacket, which was not the most comfortable gear in the world.

Sad_Girl said:
BG - Have you seen a Dr yet about that headache? :uhoh: :hug you need to take better care of our friend, you know! :wink

Sami - I totally understand your anxiety - but it will be a blast and totally worth it :yes: and if you feel let down at all, remember you have more concerts in your future :)

Diane - Same goes for you, there will be other chances to meet the B-man :)

** Oh, and to answer your question BG - I'm doing really good! :heart

:yes: I'll just look at the people on the floor and think I'll be there at my next show :wink: :lol: It will be a comforting thought when I get to my seats!!

I know I'm complaining so much :reject: but I really am so so so happy that I'm actually going to be there no matter where the seats are :D

Diane L said:

And BG, I've found when you like a class, like you like English Lit, even doing homework is a joy. You'll catch up to the class in no time!

:yes:

That's true.

I always like English at school, and it was always easy to catch up if I was away...trouble is that I picked the wrong English in school :laugh:

I have to go into town tomorrow to buy "Death of A Salesman"...some play. And read the first act of it for monday morning :lol:

Sami, people have waited on a line for cancellation tickets before every show, but I don't know exactly how many tickets are released at that time. I got on the line for about 10 minutes around 6:30 pm on Monday, and I'd guess there were several hundred people ahead of me.

SG, you're right, there will be other chances to meet the B-man. And I've already met the guy I wanted to meet most. If I'd met Bono and not Adam, I would have felt disappointed. But I'm not disappointed at not meeting Bono, because I met Adam.

Diane L said:

I had to buy clothes at Kmart because I was so wet. Then the Garden was freezing, and I had to wear my wet jacket, which was not the most comfortable gear in the world.

:hug: I know, I hate being wet and it's worse when you're inside and wet :| I just got home and threw all my clothes in the dryer :lol:

Sad_Girl said:
BG - Have you seen a Dr yet about that headache? :uhoh: :hug: you need to take better care of our friend, you know! :wink:

** Oh, and to answer your question BG - I'm doing really good! :heart:

Yeah, I seen the doctor on ...I think it was Tuesday!

I have a sinus infection...aswell as a chest infection which aint so good, but what can ya do :shrug:

:scratch: Who do I need to take better care of?

Sorry...just dont get ya :lol:

Good that you're doing really good!! :heart:

I HAVE to meet Larry now! :hyper: :hyper: I can't believe I missed him in Toronto! I'm so happy VP got to meet him but at the same time SOOOOO :censored: Jealous! :scream:

Larry! Please be feeling friendly in Detroit! :sad:

Diane L said:
Sami, people have waited on a line for cancellation tickets before every show, but I don't know exactly how many tickets are released at that time. I got on the line for about 10 minutes around 6:30 pm on Monday, and I'd guess there were several hundred people ahead of me.

SG, you're right, there will be other chances to meet the B-man. And I've already met the guy I wanted to meet most. If I'd met Bono and not Adam, I would have felt disappointed. But I'm not disappointed at not meeting Bono, because I met Adam.

oh :huh: I guess I'm not getting better tickets then!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom