Pleban Girl Party - Drooling over our boys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry - I was fighting with photobucket :madwife:

This year Jeffy is going with his dad to his family Thanksgiving, up north of here :sigh: which is obviously a bummer for me. My mom and Dad and I will go over to my Sisters (Jeffy's mom) and work together on a family dinner (at least, Mom and I will bring some stuff and She'll cook some there)

So it'll be me, mom and dad, Sheila, her older sons Jake and Matt, probably Jakes girlfriend Aftyn, and then my Brother Dave and his wife and two kids will stop by for dessert, at least

Mark Always works on the holidays - even when things were really good with us, he did. one Christmas both of us worked, but at least we got to work together, that day :wink: )

we pretty much always have Bannana nut bread, Turkey, Stuffing, Baked beans, yams, mashed potatoes and gravy, butternut squash, rolls, creamed corn, deviled eggs...

and then of course pumpkin pie and either peanut butter cake or chocolate cream pie
:drool:

ok, now I'm hungry :grumpy: :lol:

Last edited:
Now your making me hungry! :madwife:

My SIL is cooking this year. Since she doesn't normally cook I don't have a clue what we will be eating. Its an adventure. :lol: I plan on eating lots of breakfast. :laugh:

Starts to plan how to steal Jeffy back. :scratch: Screw that I'll just steal him and take him to my house and then SG has to come there. :happy: :whistle:

:lol: I don't like it, but he needs to know his dad's side of the family, and this way we get him for Christmas :heart:

Besides watching Football and eating way too much, we don't really do anything all that special for Thanksgiving, really :lol:

I have some new pictures I need to get developed so I can share them :happy: My Niece and nephews are so darn cute :cute:

Sorry Jeffy won't be there with you all, SG. :( That's really a bummer, but that's how it goes with single/blended families. You would know the motives of your former b-i-l better than me, but if thery're pure, you can comfort your loss with the thought that at least he has two parents that want to be with him on holidays.

VintagePunk said:
Sorry Jeffy won't be there with you all, SG. :( That's really a bummer, but that's how it goes with single/blended families. You would know the motives of your former b-i-l better than me, but if thery're pure, you can comfort your loss with the thought that at least he has two parents that want to be with him on holidays.

Oh, yeah. the guy is an absolute idiot, but he's not mean spirited. I believe he genuinely wants to try and be a father to Jeffy. His family is weird but I don't think they're bad people; it'll be all right for him I think. :yes: and that is a huge comfort, after my sister's ex-husband - the middle son's dad - :yikes: that family was terrifying to me

BonosBaby12 said:

Oh I can't wait to see them! How old are the little ones? :cute:

Jake is 17, Matt is 15 - I got pics of Jake at his NHS induction Sunday, but Matt wasn't there - I think he's the only one I don't have any pictures of on this roll.

Jeffy is 5 (will be 6 on the 20th)

and my brother's kids DJ is 2 and Kayla is 4

They are the light of my life :happy:

I got a picture or two of my new haircut in there too, I think :hmm:

Hi Dazz :hug: :heart:

VP that is a very good point. It is nice that he does have two loving families. This is why I love this place. People know how to look at the bright side of stuff.

Sad_Girl said:

Oh, yeah. the guy is an absolute idiot, but he's not mean spirited. I believe he genuinely wants to try and be a father to Jeffy. His family is weird but I don't think they're bad people; it'll be all right for him I think. :yes: and that is a huge comfort, after my sister's ex-husband - the middle son's dad - :yikes: that family was terrifying to me

:yikes: for the older ones.

If that's the case, then perhaps they can, in the future, do what other divorced/blended families do, have the big holiday dinners on different days.

Not that that's even been a concern with Sarah's dad. :| And yes, I am bitter. :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

Jake is 17, Matt is 15 - I got pics of Jake at his NHS induction Sunday, but Matt wasn't there - I think he's the only one I don't have any pictures of on this roll.

My oldest nephew is only a few years from being in his teens :yikes:

You sound like an extremely proud aunt! They are so lucky to have you :)

Sad_Girl said:

I agree with BB12....you must be a proud aunt :happy:

Russty Cat said:

VP that is a very good point. It is nice that he does have two loving families. This is why I love this place. People know how to look at the bright side of stuff.

I commented in your prayer thread :hug:

I didn't go home :giggle: yet, i might get home too late to call my sis .....but i will leave a message for her and se'll call up her pray circle tomorrow. :hug:

Russty Cat said:

:hug:

Although it might be a bit harder for the parents involved, they're adults and they can suck it up - I'd rather see the child know that they're loved and wanted on both sides...so much more productive. :yes: :heart:

VintagePunk said:

:yikes: for the older ones.

If that's the case, then perhaps they can, in the future, do what other divorced/blended families do, have the big holiday dinners on different days.

Not that that's even been a concern with Sarah's dad. :| And yes, I am bitter. :wink:

:lol: that's the way it is with the older boys dads (As with Sarah's dad, that is) and I hope that they can find a good balance, for Jeffy's sake. I know it's too complicated for me to figure it out myself :crack:

BonosBaby12 said:

My oldest nephew is only a few years from being in his teens :yikes:

You sound like an extremely proud aunt! They are so lucky to have you :)

aww, well thanks :eek: :heart: I am lucky to have them, I know that.

sometimes I feel like we're in a sit-com or something, though - and I'm the wacky, eccentric aunt that comes and goes and butts her nose into family stuff, etc... :lol:

Thanks Dazz. :hug: :)

VP I totally agree with you. The kids come first! They didn't choose to be in that situation.

SG I meant to tell you that somehow I ended up with three Green Day cds today. :shifty: :drool: I'm listening to American Idiot right now.

Back
Top Bottom