Pleban Girl/Guy Party....A U2 Celebration (for 4th of July and CD)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drea said:

Baby!Larry :cute: *pets him* *saves wallpaper*

I seem to be getting more than a few pics on my harddrive where the names end in "wallpaperbySG" :laugh:

:lol: I've developed a new drug for you Drea... First it was Adam pics in general, now I've added band-wide wallpapers :evil:

Sad_Girl said:
:reject: the people who are reading my ongoing fan fic would be so mad at me right now if they knew what I was doing :reject:

:shifty: But when you have an exciting new Idea to work on... sometimes you just HAVE to go with it or risk losing it completely. That is an awful feeling, too :madspit: :wink:

This may turn out to be just a relatively short story, though. I just have a vague Idea and am going with it. so far it has developed in ways I had totally not forseen :hyper: I love it when a story does that :D

this is my inspiration:
babyfacemullen.jpg

SG I actually am excited at the thought of you working on something. I don't care if your characters go thru pain or different things. Its all good reading to me. And I can't get my hands on stuff to read fast enough lately.

And I'm saying this next thing in total seriousness...

I started to tear up a bit when I saw the Larry wallpaper. For some reason it just really hit something in me. I think its the fact that, that was what Larry looked like when I discovered U2. They were all so young! Hell I was a baby myself. But it was such an amazing thing. I can remember hearing the War album on cassette tape. Back then it wasn't about their looks or anything it was just the music that got to me. :heart: :hug:

~BrightestStar~ said:

You will.

Even if that requires me pretending that I've found a stray who has to stay with me for a week, until it's owener miraclously calls asking to come get it...:wink:

Imagine what they'll think when some crazed ali look-alike shows up to get her precious pooch in a condom hat, and trench coat, with the local Ikea breakfast special in hand....

You'd do that for me?? :happy: :hug:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Quit worrying. or I'll smack you with a flip flop.:|

Don't make me do it.

:hug: :clonelove:

But what if I'd like it? :sexywink:

:lol:

Russty Cat said:

SG I actually am excited at the thought of you working on something. I don't care if your characters go thru pain or different things. Its all good reading to me. And I can't get my hands on stuff to read fast enough lately.

And I'm saying this next thing in total seriousness...

I started to tear up a bit when I saw the Larry wallpaper. For some reason it just really hit something in me. I think its the fact that, that was what Larry looked like when I discovered U2. They were all so young! Hell I was a baby myself. But it was such an amazing thing. I can remember hearing the War album on cassette tape. Back then it wasn't about their looks or anything it was just the music that got to me. :heart: :hug:

There's something vulnerable about Larry in his teens and early twenties :heart:

It definitely tugs at my heart strings :yes:

and don't worry, my new chapter for Promises is half done. Tonight, I just wanted to get these thoughts down. :)

Sad_Girl said:

:lol: I've developed a new drug for you Drea... First it was Adam pics in general, now I've added band-wide wallpapers :evil:

I just checked and counted.. I have 9 pics that end in "wallpaperbySG" :lmao: Evil woman :giggle:

No worries. I'm always around when ever stuff is ready. I've actually got about 6 books lined up as well that I need to read. :lol: I bought another one in B&N yesterday even though I shouldn't have. But it was to good to pass up.

Hey. Has anyone ever had Baby U2 Angst? The angst caused by coming in far too late and as a Baby U2 fan wondering if you're ever gonna see them. I know B said one of the things he wanted with Atomic was new fans. *waves Baby U2 flag* Here I am but now how do I get to see him?

Just curious.

Drea said:

1960 - he turned 45 back in March

I just found that, did a Google search :lol: I always get confused as to just how close they are in age... Larry wasn't born until Oct of 61, and for awhile I was thinking Adam was March of 61, then I was thinking Larry was Oct of 60... one of these days I'll remember to write this stuff down :lol:

:hug: G'night, Bri! Sweet Bono dreams.

Russty - I'm just having too much fun with baby U2 ... :hyper:

this scene is set in October of 1978, Larry is 16, nearly 17. Adam is 18.

“Jesus, Lardence, you don’t even have to try, do you?” Adam said on a slow breath out, smoke drifting out of his mouth and nostrils as he had just started another cigarette. Larry frowned at his friend, baffled by this statement. Adam chuckled and shook his head in disbelief.

“What?” Larry finally demanded, not appreciating being the source of his mate’s amusement.

“With women, man. You don’t even have to do anything, say anything, and they’re all ready to stand in queue for your attention.” Adam told him, and Larry rolled his eyes. All Adam ever thought about was women. Women and drugs. And Fame. Adam was a dreamer.

“You really didn’t notice the way that woman was looking at you?” Adam asked in disbelief.

“Do you ever think about anything other than sex?” Larry asked, the corner of his mouth turning up despite the fact that he wanted to appear hostile enough to get the subject changed.

“Like what?” Adam replied playfully, bringing out Larry’s full smile. He could tell Adam was just trying to get a reaction, now. He wasn’t half as shallow as he acted sometimes.

“Like… fuck, I don’t know! Anything!” Larry replied, throwing his hands in the air for emphasis.

“Guess not.” Adam told him with a shrug and a cheeky grin as he drew the last puff of smoke out of his cigarette before tossing it to the pavement and squahing it underfoot. “Someone’s got to pick up the slack for you.” He added, shoving his friend playfully by the shoulder as he moved past him into the house, where the others were waiting to rehearse.

Its weird when I think about them I don't really think of them as being 14-15 years older then I am. I am an "old soul" according to my mother, but they also seem younger then they are. They have young hearts.

Nighty night Bri! Sweet dreams. :hug:

Cindy I know how ya feel. I've been a U2 fan for 25 years, that is just so wrong :lol:, but I've never seen them live. It all comes in time. I just wish I wouldn't have missed out on Zootv. :( But at least your on the bandwagon now while there is still time.

Bri left? :( I was setting my vcr for tomorrow morning, cause no way in hell am I getting up at 7, if I don't have to. :lol:

Although if U2 were coming on then, I wouldn't hesitate.

Sad_Girl said:
:hug: G'night, Bri! Sweet Bono dreams.

Russty - I'm just having too much fun with baby U2 ... :hyper:

this scene is set in October of 1978, Larry is 16, nearly 17. Adam is 18.

“Jesus, Lardence, you don’t even have to try, do you?” Adam said on a slow breath out, smoke drifting out of his mouth and nostrils as he had just started another cigarette. Larry frowned at his friend, baffled by this statement. Adam chuckled and shook his head in disbelief.

“What?” Larry finally demanded, not appreciating being the source of his mate’s amusement.

“With women, man. You don’t even have to do anything, say anything, and they’re all ready to stand in queue for your attention.” Adam told him, and Larry rolled his eyes. All Adam ever thought about was women. Women and drugs. And Fame. Adam was a dreamer.

“You really didn’t notice the way that woman was looking at you?” Adam asked in disbelief.

“Do you ever think about anything other than sex?” Larry asked, the corner of his mouth turning up despite the fact that he wanted to appear hostile enough to get the subject changed.

“Like what?” Adam replied playfully, bringing out Larry’s full smile. He could tell Adam was just trying to get a reaction, now. He wasn’t half as shallow as he acted sometimes.

“Like… fuck, I don’t know! Anything!” Larry replied, throwing his hands in the air for emphasis.

“Guess not.” Adam told him with a shrug and a cheeky grin as he drew the last puff of smoke out of his cigarette before tossing it to the pavement and squahing it underfoot. “Someone’s got to pick up the slack for you.” He added, shoving his friend playfully by the shoulder as he moved past him into the house, where the others were waiting to rehearse.

:hyper: Man that is soo good already! I want more dammit! Your like a fecking crack dealer! Giving me a little taste to get me hooked! :drool: :wink:

Russty Cat said:

:hyper: Man that is soo good already! I want more dammit! Your like a fecking crack dealer! Giving me a little taste to get me hooked! :drool: :wink:

:lol: :lmao: *tries to catch her breath* :lmao:

Sorry - I'll try to have something substantial enough to send to you before morning :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

:lol: :lmao: *tries to catch her breath* :lmao:

Sorry - I'll try to have something substantial enough to send to you before morning :wink:

You better dammit! Or no Live8 for you! {{channeling soup nazi}}

VintagePunk said:
Night Drea, have an awesome time!! :hug:

SG, can't wait to read it. :) Those parts you e-mailed to me, I saved the files to my drive, so that I can read them while I'm away.

I just got yours back off a back-up disk I made when I put the sims on my computer, and that was why I forgot about it :reject: I'm gonna print it off, because I read better outside, and will be at my sisters house watching her dog most of the weekend while she is away. I'm looking forward to it, too. :D

Russty Cat said:

Cindy I know how ya feel. I've been a U2 fan for 25 years, that is just so wrong :lol:, but I've never seen them live. It all comes in time. I just wish I wouldn't have missed out on Zootv. :( But at least your on the bandwagon now while there is still time.

I figured if anyonemight it'd be someone here. It's just really weird. Cause I've liked a lot of groups and musicians that are all different and I've never really wanted to do a concert thing, not really. But for some reason I'm keenly aware of the fact that here I am coming in at the end of a kite, sort to speak, and it's rather sad in a way. As if you walk into a theater at the end of a movie and didn't realize it was the end, so you've missed out on everything. And You can't help thinking if you'd only not gotten stuck in traffic on the interstate, you'd have made it sooner and might have gotten to see it. So I've been kinda angsting over the idea that I might not get to see U2 ever cause I came in so late. If any of that made sense.

Sad_Girl said:

I just got yours back off a back-up disk I made when I put the sims on my computer, and that was why I forgot about it :reject: I'm gonna print it off, because I read better outside, and will be at my sisters house watching her dog most of the weekend while she is away. I'm looking forward to it, too. :D

Like I said, take your time...I know you've got a lot going on. :) But I've been wanting to get to yours ever since I finished the first part...without you girls to distract me every spare minute of the day, I'll be able to now. :wink:

YOu're watching a dog?? :hyper: Wanna watch another one?? :hyper: :hyper:

CeeCee said:

I figured if anyonemight it'd be someone here. It's just really weird. Cause I've liked a lot of groups and musicians that are all different and I've never really wanted to do a concert thing, not really. But for some reason I'm keenly aware of the fact that here I am coming in at the end of a kite, sort to speak, and it's rather sad in a way. As if you walk into a theater at the end of a movie and didn't realize it was the end, so you've missed out on everything. And You can't help thinking if you'd only not gotten stuck in traffic on the interstate, you'd have made it sooner and might have gotten to see it. So I've been kinda angsting over the idea that I might not get to see U2 ever cause I came in so late. If any of that made sense.

Awwww. :hug: I'd almost bet they're not quite ready to pack it in just yet, and that we'll get at least one more major tour out of them.

Can't you go this time? And if you can't make it to a show, could you possibly get to the closest venue to you, and maybe meet them before they go in for soundcheck??

VintagePunk said:

Like I said, take your time...I know you've got a lot going on. :) But I've been wanting to get to yours ever since I finished the first part...without you girls to distract me every spare minute of the day, I'll be able to now. :wink:

YOu're watching a dog?? :hyper: Wanna watch another one?? :hyper: :hyper:

:lmao: I know, as soon as I started typing that I thought the same thing :lol:

While Sadie is a really good dog who would enjoy the company, I somehow doubt it would be worth the 16 hours of drive time! I'd do it though, if I could. I have a serious soft spot for animals and always want to make sure they're well cared for

CeeCee said:

I know what you mean. :hug: I fell in love with them in 87, but then in High School, even though that was the AB/Zootv era, I paid them like no attention at all :reject: I really got back into their music when ATYCLB came out, but was too busy to consider going to a concert. I'm downright relieved that I came to my senses and got my priorities straight when I did! :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

:lmao: I know, as soon as I started typing that I thought the same thing :lol:

While Sadie is a really good dog who would enjoy the company, I somehow doubt it would be worth the 16 hours of drive time! I'd do it though, if I could. I have a serious soft spot for animals and always want to make sure they're well cared for

It's really sweet that you would. :) I worry about putting her in a kennel...labs, especially older ones, tend to be big sucks. And with her having seizures...being upset can make them occur more easily. :|

It just really, really pisses me off. There's absolutely no good reason for him not to take her, other than just being a jerk. :|

Back
Top Bottom