PLEBA SPIRIT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foadie

War Child
Let's get some PLEBA spirit in here!!! Who's the coolest group of girls (and a few boys) in the world? Who are the best U2 fans those boys have got?

Gimme a P!
Gimme a L!
Gimme a E!
Gimme a B!
Gimme a A!

Thread open for anything PLEBA spirity.
biggrin.gif

ba-all11.jpg

GR50.jpg

Edge: Guys, why do you think the PLEBA gals love us?
Larry: Well I look cool and I AM cool so that's a reasonable explanation for them to lust after me.
Bono: I'm sure they love me 'cos well... I'm Bono!
The lads:
rolleyes.gif

Adam: I believe the Sparky-holics love my posh sense of fashion and well *smirk* my instrument
Bono: *grining* Definitely!
Larry:
rolleyes.gif

Edge: *snarls* Egomaniacs!
Bono:*giggling* But Reg, my friend! Size DOES matter!
Adam: *laughs* Most definitely!
Larry: Oh Brother!
Edge: They'll never grow up *shakes head*

biggrin.gif

PLEBA rocks.

16626496qfZUhqNSQH_ph.jpg

16628512rFstMXBMvj_ph.jpg

20109866xftAHVePhO_ph.jpg

21910113iDTidOWgfL_ph.jpg

16625856xdYvzYQerG_ph.jpg

22269274vdOYdWDjuz_ph.jpg

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Cool pics!! Hey does anyone have those PLEBA bumper stickers or whatever? And the PLEBA T-shirts and little banners and stuff? Those are cool!
biggrin.gif

*cheerleader mode*

We've got spirit, let's hear it!

Be aggressive, be, be agressive!

1-30.jpg

bono76018.jpg

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Leaving just in time, stay there for a while... Rolling in the ocean, trying to catch her eye..."

She is the dreamer, she's imagination

"If you give me half a chance I'll prove this to you
I will be patient, kind, faithful and true
To a man who loves music, a man who loves art
Respects the spirit world and thinks with his heart"

333%3A592323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D897%3D3%3A3%3Dxroqdf%3E232329%3B5%3B%3B297ot1lsi

Boys: Hey, five members, five letters.

And who doesn't love this pic?
333%3A592323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3B7%3A3%3B2%3Bnu0mrj

I was just talking to one of my twins today about how cool you girls are!

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Hallelujah Here She Comes, about Adam

Two things, Kristie:

1)ROTFL... 5 letters, 5 members...

2)One of your twins?!

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Leaving just in time, stay there for a while... Rolling in the ocean, trying to catch her eye..."

She is the dreamer, she's imagination

"If you give me half a chance I'll prove this to you
I will be patient, kind, faithful and true
To a man who loves music, a man who loves art
Respects the spirit world and thinks with his heart"

PLEBA SPIRIT! YAY! That's the best kind!!!

edgeadam.jpg

Edge: Hey Adam...how about you and I team up
Adam: Yea..we could end up ruling the world
Edge: Forget the world..the whole universe!

band27.jpg

Adam: *thinking*If I just act like we're not planning anything than Edge can push them into the Liffy
Edge: *thinking* If I can get Bono just a lil more over to the right I can push both of them at the same time...
Bono: *thinking* hmmm Maybe I shouldn't walk this close to the water...
Larry: *thinking* why is bono acting so paranoid??

band28.jpg

this one is just to drool over!!

------------------
Fear Not..For I'll Be Watching You. And I know what you're all thinking. FOR SHAME!!

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
Two things, Kristie:

1)ROTFL... 5 letters, 5 members...

2)One of your twins?!

well, there's three of us, and we're twins!
PLEBA: Well then wouldn't you be triplets?
Twins: NO

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

U-2-bad you're not the Edge, Bonogirls!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

bef03.jpg

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I just found out there's no such thing as the real world ~ Just a lie you've got to rise above" ~John Mayer

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos
"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ? Echo

Originally posted by Ana:

333%3A592323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3B7%3A3%3B2%3Bnu0mrj

*squeeze*
*squeeze*
*squeeze*
*squeeze*
*runs away*
biggrin.gif

Shouldn't it be......

*squeeze*
*squeeze*

*squeeze*
*squeeze*

*squeeze*
*squeeze*

*squeeze*
*squeeze*

?
biggrin.gif

~PHONA~

*sigh* Tis so hard to figure out exactly how to tell all you peeps that I love you
smile.gif

So here's a quote from one of my favorite authors that expresses my feelings:

"You do not know how much they mean to me, my friends,
And how, how rare and strange it is, to find
In a life composed so much, so much of odds and ends,
To find a friend who has these qualities,
Who has, and gives
Those qualities upon which friendship lives.
How much it means that I say this to you-
Without those friendships- life, what cauchemar!"

-from T.S. Eliot's "Portrait of a Lady"

*fuzzies*

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

It's back. The fight. So is anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning. The tears. Their eyes. Why isn't anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 03-28-2002).]

PLEBA rocks!
Ode To PLEBA:
PLEBAns love to drool
PLEBAns are so cool
Creativity is but one trait to name
Elizabeth even made up a game
Moobs, Willyville, and Smooth Criminal to name a few
These are words that make up PLEABrew
There aren't enough words to say
How much happiness PLEBA brings to my day!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by JennyBean (edited 03-28-2002).]

Some more of the PLEBA tags
smile.gif

333%3A5%3B3923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E746%3E353%3EWSNRCG%3D32323893%3A76%3B6nu0mrj

333%3A5%3B3923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E746%3E353%3EWSNRCG%3D32323893%3A76%3B9nu0mrj

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

It's back. The fight. So is anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning. The tears. Their eyes. Why isn't anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Hey! PLEBA!!!!!!!! (((((((HUGS)))))))

Bono has the spirit too!!!!

bono-pleba%20shirt.jpg

------------------
Woah, woah...
She's the refugee.
I see your face
I see you staring back at me

Okay, I am going to be long winded here, so bear with me
wink.gif

Let me start by saying that U2 has been the soundtrack of my life. Every song carries a memory, "The Joshua Tree" being played in the car enroute to the annual family summer vacation. Watching the open road lip sync to the songs. Knowing in my 11 year old mind, that there was something in those songs I couldn't fully understand, but I knew they were there. Hearing "Angel of Harlem" for the first time on the radio, and thinking "wow, what a cool song, I wonder who sings it." Staying glued to MTV waiting for "Where The Streets Have no Name" to come on.
Time passed, and I became more aware of myself and the world around me, "Achtung Baby" taught me that people were "One, but not the same, and we've got to carry each other." I was 16, and the underlying sexual nature of the album paralleled my own teenage hormonal urges. I still have the vivid memory of my prom and looking over the balcony to see people dancing cheek to cheek with "One." When I graduated form high school, I was reminded of "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for," and how poignant it was, how there was so much ahead of me (and still is). I was given strength with "Stay," that I didn't have to continue with an abusive relationship, that I could be strong and brave and make change happen for myself.
Some more time passed and I was a Junior in College, getting up early to get to the record store to buy "Pop." At first I was dissapointed with it, it wasn't the same comfort the previous albums brought me. It turned out I wasn't ready for it, and the spirit of it came to me exactly one year later, the lyric "You're already gone, felt that way all along," resonated loud in my ears when I got the call that my father passed away. The upbeat tempo of "Discoteque," kept me from stumbling into depression.
Even more time passes, my life rolls on good and bad, and I am given "All That You Can't Leave Behind" and I can't leave it behind. I am reminded of the hope and love in the human spirit. The simple joy that is "Elevation," to my own connection with loss in "Kite." It has been a good summation of my life, although some times may be tough, things will get better. Some times you just need to hear someone say "I know how you feel, I've been there too," and that is what the album is about.

Now with that said, why I loveth PLEBA. I believe hippy touched on this earlier, and the sentiment is the same. Aside from what I call "respectable lust" for the boys, there is a great friendship and love amoung the PLEBAns. I don't know many people in my area who feel the same way I do about U2, I don't even think they'd understand it either. At least here, I don't feel so "freakish," in my love for the band. It is this commonality that binds us, and I feel as close to some of you as I do my "Offline" friends. Strange how you can feel so connected to people you've never actually met in person, but it doesn't make the PLEBA Spirit any less valid.

*sniff*

I love you girls (and boys) and I love PLEBA.

------------------

daisy.gif

*wink*

Daisy

I'm wide awake.....I'm not sleeping

Back
Top Bottom