PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you're welcome! I love so much to share these articles with you!
What a beautiful soul our Edge :heart:

Many many many thanks to Anjana who posted the Sunday Times article on U2.com :applaud:

post-288574-0-95225800-1379256291.jpg

post-288574-0-57137100-1379256367.jpg

That's really sweet!

A Brazilian site posted the Sun article - in Portuguese

Detalhes do casamento do Adam com a Mariana na Riviera Francesa | Ultraviolet U2

Personally - I had very high expectations of the dress and I am not impressed with her decision. Adam looks fabulous though!

Okay I put the article through Google translate and tried to correct the grammar, don't understand a word of Portugese, but I think I got it 98% right!?!

The wedding of Brazilian Mariana Teixeira de Carvalho with Adam Clayton lasted all weekend on the French Riviera. On Friday, a dinner hosted guests, but the big day was Saturday. In a simple ceremony, set in a little castle, the party had no big shows or celebrities, not counting the friends of the groom, of course. Bono read passages from the Bible and The Edge was among the groomsmen.

The Irish Sun was the only newspaper in the world with access to newlyweds, who posed for them in the gardens of the Chateau de La Napoule in the south of France. Mariana , who wore a white dress complete with hood and veil, then smiled and posed with her ​​famous husband after the half-hour blessing.

Applause erupted in the spectacular gardens of the fortress when the happy couple kissed to seal their marriage shortly after 5:00 yesterday afternoon .

Guests, including members of the band The Edge, Bono and Larry Mullen Jr., came to the great fortress just before the ceremony yesterday. Supermodel Christy Turlington, photographer Anton Corbijn, the owner of Slane Lord Henry Mountcharles and the band's manager, Paul McGuinness, were also seen on the way to the Chateau.

And just before the ceremony, a fleet of luxury cars with Mariana's bridesmaids passed through the streets honking. Beautiful Brazilian ladies could be seen hanging out of the windows of a Range Rover screaming upon entering.

Luxury buses brought guests to the site, many of whom were old friends of Adam in Dublin, from 03:00 yesterday afternoon.

Temperatures soared to 25 °C when Mariana and Adam exchanged their vows in a luxurious outdoor ceremony on the shores of the French Riviera .

And a source revealed: "This may have been the wedding of a star of U2, and another world, but it was full of ordinary people. Adam is a stand up guy ground, and even though no expense has been spared but bascially was a good old fashioned Irish and Brazillian wedding. There were many elements of Mariana's culture there, from the food to the music. "

Residents of the popular tourist spot around Cannes were thrilled to see the couple leave, the fortress by the sea near Cannes, to pose for photos. A hotel owner across the street admitted that the couple kept the event so discreet that not many people in the area knew what was happening. He shrugged: "The Chateau sometimes closes for weddings and were not aware that it was a member of U2. It is fantastic that the greatest band in the world chose to get married here - what could be better?"

And after his public declaration of happiness, Adam, and Mariana, went back inside to entertain their 150 guests and party all night .

Trucks containing the best foods from all corners of Europe had been delivered to the Chateau a few days before the wedding. Vast floral arrangements throughout the extensive grounds of the popular tourist spot could also be seen when the gates opened. The celebrations were expected to continue until early this morning - the couple entertained guests with a fireworks display overlooking the ocean at dusk .

On Friday evening, the couple posed for a series of shots at the marina next to the castle, where they were married yesterday. The duo then hosted a pre-wedding dinner for guests before posing for a series of intimate photographs together. Mariana surprised with a bright orange dress and tenderly embraced her husband on the eve of their wedding .

On Thursday, the couple celebrated the coast of France, on Bono's luxury yacht. The members of U2 joined the cruise with Mariana and Adam at sunset on the islands near Cannes .

And the party should continue today with guests attending a post-wedding barbecue at mansion Adam in Grasse.

Okay I put the article through Google translate and tried to correct the grammar, don't understand a word of Portugese, but I think I got it 98% right!?!

The wedding of Brazilian Mariana Teixeira de Carvalho with Adam Clayton lasted all weekend on the French Riviera. On Friday, a dinner hosted guests, but the big day was Saturday. In a simple ceremony, set in a little castle, the party had no big shows or celebrities, not counting the friends of the groom, of course. Bono read passages from the Bible and The Edge was among the groomsmen.

The Irish Sun was the only newspaper in the world with access to newlyweds, who posed for them in the gardens of the Chateau de La Napoule in the south of France. Mariana , who wore a white dress complete with hood and veil, then smiled and posed with her ​​famous husband after the half-hour blessing.

Applause erupted in the spectacular gardens of the fortress when the happy couple kissed to seal their marriage shortly after 5:00 yesterday afternoon .

Guests, including members of the band The Edge, Bono and Larry Mullen Jr., came to the great fortress just before the ceremony yesterday. Supermodel Christy Turlington, photographer Anton Corbijn, the owner of Slane Lord Henry Mountcharles and the band's manager, Paul McGuinness, were also seen on the way to the Chateau.

And just before the ceremony, a fleet of luxury cars with Mariana's bridesmaids passed through the streets honking. Beautiful Brazilian ladies could be seen hanging out of the windows of a Range Rover screaming upon entering.

Luxury buses brought guests to the site, many of whom were old friends of Adam in Dublin, from 03:00 yesterday afternoon.

Temperatures soared to 25 °C when Mariana and Adam exchanged their vows in a luxurious outdoor ceremony on the shores of the French Riviera .

And a source revealed: "This may have been the wedding of a star of U2, and another world, but it was full of ordinary people. Adam is a stand up guy ground, and even though no expense has been spared but bascially was a good old fashioned Irish and Brazillian wedding. There were many elements of Mariana's culture there, from the food to the music. "

Residents of the popular tourist spot around Cannes were thrilled to see the couple leave, the fortress by the sea near Cannes, to pose for photos. A hotel owner across the street admitted that the couple kept the event so discreet that not many people in the area knew what was happening. He shrugged: "The Chateau sometimes closes for weddings and were not aware that it was a member of U2. It is fantastic that the greatest band in the world chose to get married here - what could be better?"

And after his public declaration of happiness, Adam, and Mariana, went back inside to entertain their 150 guests and party all night .

Trucks containing the best foods from all corners of Europe had been delivered to the Chateau a few days before the wedding. Vast floral arrangements throughout the extensive grounds of the popular tourist spot could also be seen when the gates opened. The celebrations were expected to continue until early this morning - the couple entertained guests with a fireworks display overlooking the ocean at dusk .

On Friday evening, the couple posed for a series of shots at the marina next to the castle, where they were married yesterday. The duo then hosted a pre-wedding dinner for guests before posing for a series of intimate photographs together. Mariana surprised with a bright orange dress and tenderly embraced her husband on the eve of their wedding .

On Thursday, the couple celebrated the coast of France, on Bono's luxury yacht. The members of U2 joined the cruise with Mariana and Adam at sunset on the islands near Cannes .

And the party should continue today with guests attending a post-wedding barbecue at mansion Adam in Grasse.

Thanks for translating! They got it wrong about the yacht -- it's Edge's, not Bono's.

Many many many thanks to Anjana who posted the Sunday Times article on U2.com :applaud:

post-288574-0-95225800-1379256291.jpg

post-288574-0-57137100-1379256367.jpg

:heart: thanks so much for posting that!

i remember Ciara posting on the old Zootopia forum back in the day under her real name, she came across as a sweet girl and just genuinely excited to be the Edge's cousin, but unfortunately some "fans" were incredibly mean to her - i hope the nasties all read this and feel horribly guilty!

Bono's daughter Jordan used to work for the Global Poverty Project that is behind Global Citizen. They had a huge festival last year as well. I don't know if she's still involved, though. Bono said in an interview that U2 were asked to perform in 2012 but couldn't. I was hoping for them to make it this time, but I guess it will only be Bono speaking. Maybe he'll give a surprise/impromptu performance with some other band/artist?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom