PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall that was Brazilian as well, so I'm a little sceptical about this. It'd be awesome, yes, and perhaps even possible if they're by the end of their US leg of the tour in June 2014. But I'd rather not be too optimistic if it turns out to be the umpteenth random rumour.

Yes, but it's not the sketch, it's a recent picture of Bono from NY.

I think I've seen the drawing they mention before. There was an article about that book some years ago. I'd love to see the handwritten lyrics.

Yes, but it's not the sketch, it's a recent picture of Bono from NY.

I think I've seen the drawing they mention before. There was an article about that book some years ago. I'd love to see the handwritten lyrics.

Hmm, yeah I was thinking it was what is in the HTDAAB book, because that has a sketch of his dad, and handwritten lyrics.

While praising the efforts of some big oil companies to fight malaria and Aids, Bono admonished them for blocking the transparency legislation, telling the Clinton convention: “You can’t give alms to the poor on one level and have your hands on their throat on the other.” He pleaded with Exxon, one of the companies sponsoring the Clinton event, to influence the API to end its opposition to the law.
“The way we should look at capitalism reminds me of Reagan’s famous quote in the 1980s about the way the US should look at the Soviet Union: ‘Trust but verify,’” he told this newspaper. “I think ‘Don’t trust, verify’ might be better with capitalism. You can’t trust capitalism to do the right thing.”

:up: someone's changed his tune!! :lol:

great to see him speaking out, that's brilliant :hug:

U2news posted this @branislavmilic: #U2's #Bono is a scam! Top 5 Charity Pyramid Schemes Stealing Your Cash Top 5 Charity Pyramid Schemes Stealing Your Cash | Brainwash Update - YouTube

And then this @nwohashtag: RT: [txongoku] #Bono o el arte de acabar con un ídolo de masas Bono o el arte de acabar con un ídolo de masas #U2 #bush #blair #clinton #nwo from :: ...

This is crap! ONE is NOT a charity but lobbying organization, the media obviously still has a hard time understanding this simple fact!! I've been a member of ONE for many years and they haven't once asked me for money, only my vote. This is just another form of mudslinging! :angry:

On Vertigo tour in 2005 Bono told me to take my phone to send a SMS during the show.. It cost me 11 cents!

"character assassination" how they try to destroy the reputation of someone like Bono

Well that's what I meant by my comment "This is just another form of mudslinging!" It's so easy to report this kind of misinformation coz some people just don't seem to be able to distinguish between what ONE is, a lobbying organization and what a charity is?!? :tsk: ONE should actually be put into the same catergory as Amnesty Internation or Greenpeace, although unlike the foreamentioned, ONE doesn't collect money from it's members with paid subscriptions.

@atu2: Via @sgtshears, Adam was on @98FM 15 minutes ago and said new album “early next year” with 12 new songs.

@sgtshears: @atu2 also he said "It's a bit of a return of U2 of old with the maturity of the U2 from the past 10 years a it's a nice combination hybrid"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom