PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping for them to make it this time, but I guess it will only be Bono speaking. Maybe he'll give a surprise/impromptu performance with some other band/artist?!

I heard some rumors about the band coming back in NYC to finish the album so maybe..... :hmm:

i cannot believe Bono calls George Soros one of his great heroes? the guy who caused the run on the pound in the early 90s?! :madspit:

I had a great week not long ago. I was booed on stage in Arusha, Tanzania, at the TED conference which I had campaigned long and hard to have in Arusha, Tanzania. I was booed by all the young entrepreneurs in the audience who thought I was peddling this idea of a supplicant Africa, which I happen to think could not be further from the truth. In the very same week I was chased down the street in Germany by a bunch of anarchists at the G8 summit, wielding placards and shouting "Make Bono history!" – which even as I was running for my life I thought was a pretty good line.

omfg! :lmao:

i cannot believe Bono calls George Soros one of his great heroes? the guy who caused the run on the pound in the early 90s?! :madspit:

Yeah, I couldn't believe that, either. There are a lot of conspiracy theories about him being some kind of puppet master who pulls all the strings in the United States government. But who knows. Maybe Bono's in on it! :panic: :wink: This is only going to add fuel to the fire for all the conspiracy theorists who already think Bono is in the Illuminati or whatever. :crack:

I'm sure Bono doesn't care much about conspiracy theories. He has known Soros for some time now. Soros has been a big investor in several charities and campaigns that Bono is involved in, including the ONE campaign. I don't always agree with the people Bono surrounds himself with but I'm not the one who's doing that work and I also don't have enough insight to make a judgement. I like Bono because he's following his goals without caring about what other people think. He has also spoken about that again in the recent Guardian interview which was very interesting.

OMG my sister was walking somewhere on the east side today and she said Bono walked right by her!!! Around 1pm, my guess is near UN??? She said he was totally wearing the sunglasses and everyone was looking around saying that's him!!!

OMG my sister was walking somewhere on the east side today and she said Bono walked right by her!!! Around 1pm, my guess is near UN??? She said he was totally wearing the sunglasses and everyone was looking around saying that's him!!!

Yes, Bono is back in NYC this week, he is due to appear at the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park this coming Saturday to present the Liberian President with an award. In fact it's been rumoured that the whole band might return to NYC this week to continue work on the new album. So, no doubt we'll get more sightings, and hopefully, the odd candid photo this week! :wink:

It's live now. Bono has just done a hilarious Bill Clinton impersonation.

CGI 2013 Annual Meeting on Livestream

Hopefully a video of this panel will show up on Youtube soon, so I can download it and watch it, coz my computer isn't able to cope with live streaming at all! :down: I could only hear the audio and see changing still shots like this one....

:shifty:

Bono will be a guest at the David Letterman show this Thursday:

The Late Night TV Page - Talk Show Guest Listings

Interestingly, Kings of Leon will also be at that show :up:

Yay! Dave seems to like Bono (and the rest of the band) really well. It's been two years since Bono and Edge were on his show to talk about Spiderman. I hope Dave asks him about the new album and they don't just talk about politics and charity work the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom