PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest with ourselves here.

We, collectively, as a fandom have rather arbitrarily dictated that there must be a new album in the next few months. We've really no concrete facts on which to base this expectation, do we? Serious, legitimate evidence is lacking. We're all a-twitter (literally!) over supposition, right? Much as we all want it, they don't owe us jack.

I think I'll retire from the guessing game, sit back and wait and be ever so pleasantly surprised if we get anything at all in the next two or three years.

:|

I've really stopped caring about the new album; it just leads to disappointment. U2 has apparently stopped caring about it, too. Music obviously isn't a priority for them anymore. :|

Let's be honest with ourselves here.

We, collectively, as a fandom have rather arbitrarily dictated that there must be a new album in the next few months. We've really no concrete facts on which to base this expectation, do we? Serious, legitimate evidence is lacking. We're all a-twitter (literally!) over supposition, right? Much as we all want it, they don't owe us jack.

I think I'll retire from the guessing game, sit back and wait and be ever so pleasantly surprised if we get anything at all in the next two or three years.

:|

Yeah let's just discard that they have been in Electric Ladyland studios for a while and finished recording 'something' there with a full listening party after it.....

Yeah let's just discard that they have been in Electric Ladyland studios for a while and finished recording 'something' there with a full listening party after it.....

That's what I don't understand; what exactly was that all about? It seemed like they had finalized something, so what are they doing now? I really hope they haven't put aside what they've done with Danger Mouse after all this time they've spent working with him, and I really hope they aren't reworking it to death!

I can't even think about the new album. The whole situation is completely ridiculous (mostly because they won't tell us anything!) and it makes me bitter and frustrated, so I just have to put it out of my mind and think about other things, and not think about how my favorite band can't seem to bring themselves to release any new music for years on end. :crack: :sad:

Serenity now! :scream:

Let`s remember that the stakes are high for U2. After No Line`s relatively poor sales they can`t afford another "failure". They have high standards and are striving for perfection.....which may never come :sad:

They are probably cr**ing themselves about putting out the next album :lol:

See now you're making me feel all compassionate again. Of course they'll always be fine financially but creatively and in terms of marketing image it's like they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. I really, really do hope that they are invested enough in this record to be crapping themselves about it. In a way I feel they must be because that's the kind of people they are, but my faith is shaken and all of the New Album thread claims of apocalypse, last tours and canned records have got me down.

That's a surprise, I thought the marriage was supposed to take place on the 15th. It's also surprising to hear that Bono wasn't there. I had hope he would be Adam's best man as was Adam for Bono's wedding. But who knows. Congratulations :up:

I reckon Bono wasn't there on purpose. They specifically state it was a low key wedding. Having Bono there makes it very, very non low key.

Oh, Adam... I'm really happy for you... :cute::cute:
Congratulations! :hug:

Mariana Teixeira is very intelligent, beautiful, nice and Brazilian girl! :D

You waited many time for her and you found her...

:applaud:

The media thought it would be the 15th, but they had a stealth wedding! Nice move. And congratulations to them! :)

And now a PLEBAn moment of silence, as we reflect on the fact that all the band members are officially unavailable. ;) Many unreasonable dreams have been crushed this day.

The media thought it would be the 15th, but they had a stealth wedding! Nice move. And congratulations to them! :)

And now a PLEBAn moment of silence, as we reflect on the fact that all the band members are officially unavailable. ;) Many unreasonable dreams have been crushed this day.

Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams - YouTube

Shattered Dreams. Highly appropriate, me thinks.
:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom