PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back at ya Cori :hi5: :D Re:commercials, ya, it's pretty pathetic. The TV networks give the NFL literally BILLIONS of dollars for the rights to broadcast the games. Part of that money is used to pay the player salaries which are OUTRAGEOUS! Sidenote, our wonderful quarterback Russell Wilson for Seattle only makes 500,000 a year because he was picked so far down the list in the draft, I think in the 3rd round out of college and is the lowest paid quarterback in the whole league. Others in the league are making MILLIONS. Next year.. his salary will go up... WAY up though!! He is a valuable commodity now.
PS. Russell is such a great human being. He doesn't sing I don't think, but he is a huge philanthropist and visits the Seattle's Children Hospital every Tuesday without fail. The stories of inspiration where he is concerned are very heart warming. I :heart: him, as does the whole city of Seattle and most of the Northwest USA! He is a class act!!:applaud: Okay.. back to our regularly scheduled program. :D

wow what the heck. Why do you guys accept this shite to interrupt your game?

Because American football is full of stops and starts by nature, and at least half the players are too darn fat and musclebound to run for more than thirty seconds anyhow. It's very rare for a play to last even 10 or 15 seconds in American football, and if one of those defensive lineman ever accidentally touch the ball and have to run with it, they need to sit down with an oxygen mask after.

:lol: Shows I have no clue how American Football works then.

Then again, football players get ridiculously overpaid as well here. But at least they run for 45 minutes consecutively. :wink:

Because American football is full of stops and starts by nature, and at least half the players are too darn fat and musclebound to run for more than thirty seconds anyhow. It's very rare for a play to last even 10 or 15 seconds in American football, and if one of those defensive lineman ever accidentally touch the ball and have to run with it, they need to sit down with an oxygen mask after.

:lol:

Yep. But we love it because it's 3 hours of absolute mania. Especially when the game is a really good one. :lol:

Well, the really big guys aren't normally supposed to get the ball, just block the other team, but it's really funny when it does happen. :lol: Seeing a 300-pound guy running all the way down the field...

I'm glad we know exactly when the commercial is airing! :up:

We had a fun time with the golden globes chat thread. Should we do another for the Super Bowl commerical/(RED)/Invisible event?

According to our director Trevor White, “We’d like to say everyone was too cool to acknowledge the presence of Bono and the Edge. The truth is that we didn’t recognize them. They must have come the morning after our Christmas party.”

:lol:

Wow, that must have been some party if people were so hungover that they didn't recognize either of them. Were B and E wearing masks or what?

Yeah, I'm thinking separate ones. One here for the commercial and one there to first orgasm, then bitch about the song.

U2's 'Invisible' Song Debut Highlights Super Bowl's Far-Reaching Influence | Bleacher Report

The song will premiere in a brief commercial, which will feature an edited version of the music video. Afterward, "Invisible" will be free for download on iTunes for 24 hours. For each download, Bank of America will donate $1 to (RED) with a maximum donation of $2 million.

The fact that Bono and his bandmates have chosen the Super Bowl to unveil their single and raise awareness for a mighty cause speaks to the game's far-reaching influence.

:up: Thought this is worth mentioning.

Music. Video. New. Single. :drool::drool:

I'm all for it. Lord knows the EYKIW threads will be unbearable. :doh:

But you post around there , all the time ?

1251.gif

:lol: Nice, recent photo there.

If I recall correctly, last time U2 played Gilette, so there's pretty much a 0% chance they'll go to that other stadium now. Since they're doing arena's and all... :wink:

A question occured to me today about this download from iTunes is that, which iTunes store will this song be available through? Is it just availlable via the USA store or will thoughs of us in Europe be able to download via the European iTunes store?! :hmm:

every i tunes store. U2 Would never limit it to one continent..

I don't have iTunes, neither do I have any Apple products, so I don't plan to install the software for an U2 song only. I'm dependent on people sending the clip, which, I think and hope, will happen. It will appear on You Tube sooner or later, too.

I've had iTunes on my computer for years, but I've only ever used it for playing my music files. I mean, as I understand it, there's supposed to be a countdown for the download up on iTunes now, but I open my iTunes and go to the store and there's no countdown there! So that's why I'm asking is it solely going available in the US iTunes store!?! :huh:

I had to change stores, from the Finnish store to the US iTunes store and now I can the countdown. Yeah, the rest of the world excluding Finland, bloody typical! :angry: I mean, this is a free download, so will I be able to download the song via the US iTunes store or any other country?! :shrug:

I had to change stores, from the Finnish store to the US iTunes store and now I can the countdown. Yeah, the rest of the world excluding Finland, bloody typical! :angry: I mean, this is a free download, so will I be able to download the song via the US iTunes store or any other country?! :shrug:

And Uruguay! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom