PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Europe and getting tickets through ticketmaster is impossible when it comes to U2. I missed out on Amsterdam I tickets. only got upperdeck seats for night two. But I'll never pay 50 bucks for a presale code... EVER.
There are more than enough bands who are not being a total ass about it and offer the same service for free. Minus the crappy gifts.
U2's merch-design department also fails pretty hard imho. So I don't see anything in paying 50 bucks for a couple of "X% off" codes.

I solved my problem by tickets for several other dates from fans , through this forum and other fan sites.

This. I love U2, but I'm not giving them another $50 for a code. Now, if it was some sort of backstage guarantee or a m&g session for grabs, then we'd talk. But cds that most people upload and share? And merchandise that is often on sale long after the shows? Nah, I'll pass.

However, this IS the new era of mgmt, so maybe things might improve a bit. Still not into paying for presale codes. I'll use a resale site if I can't get what I want through ticketmaster.

I live in Europe and got tickets for all European shows I wanted to see on the internet, GA and seats. There was a problem with Milan I because the system broke down when the sale started, but GA tickets became available soon again. I go to a lot of shows and many shows that are sold out quickly, but from experience I know that GA is NEVER really sold out, you always have a chance to get tickets even after a couple of weeks. Sometimes they get released again some weeks before the show. You just have to know some tricks.

That said, I don't see much sense in joining U2.com since it's also very expensive with few benefits. IF U2 should announce that they'll be giving only five arena shows in Europe in 2015, I might reconsider joining because I'm pretty sure there would be murder over these tickets, but right now I don't see any reason or panicking.

3962111c82ca11e3aaf40a5186b325f0_8.jpg

:panic:

I am officially on board for the Super Bowl train. I believe. Oh my Adam, I believe. :heart: :pray:

from the Dublin exposure article.
The book contains hundreds of images, most of which are instructive but only a few handfuls of which could be said to be compositionally strong. These include The Ramones’ aural rampage at the State Cinema in Phibsborough in 1978; the original three-piece Blades at Canal Banks on a hot summer day in 1979; an outside shot of McGonagles on South Anne Street; and U2’s Edge, hair intact, leaving a party, in 1978.

Want to see this image.

I know it might seem unrealistic far a band as big as U2 to have a free presale, Knowing that scalpers wil easily find their way to snag up some tickets too, but there must be a way to somehow overrule scalpers by I don't know. spreading unique individual presale code's for lets say, 2 presale oppertunities , per code. along with the new CDs, so only people who actually buy the album can enter or something like that. I know its not that simple and all ,but things like these CAN be done better. And lol, as if Livenation will make things better. They only male things more expensive.

I know a couple of bands who got a LN promoter and management; they get a brand partner for the bands , so they can get some nice sponsoring, and earn even more money with high ticket prices. (86 euro's for a floor ticket , in the arena sized ziggo dome amsterdam is one example of them) That's about 90-95 USD i think...

The Grammys are Jan 26th, so unless they're gonna do OL, then no.

Feb 2nd is the Super Bowl announcement (and the unveiling of Invisible as well as hopefully some album news) and then it's pretty much a given that they're gonna premiere Invisible on the Tonight Show Feb 17th.

Bono will be in Davos on Friday, 24th. We know he can be on three continents in two days, so I wouldn't put it past him to be in California for the weekend, but I don't think U2 will be at the Grammy's since they are not nominated and have nothing to contribute. I guess they will be busy preparing the Invisible (RED) thing.

Lessons I learned on IF : If its a Brazilian article : Its a lie.

Nah, it´s real, remember Bonos summer comments about album which was this that he ment as he cant publish it yet :sexywink:

I understand enough Portuguese to see that "according to a journalist" U2 will be playing at the World Cup opening on 11 June. However, that's no confirmation. An official confirmation has to be made by U2 or reliable media sources. There are so many rumors flying around, I would just be very careful with believing anything.

I refuse to believe anything from the Brazilian "media" anymore. It's the same journalist and I don't think he's trustworthy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using U2 Interference mobile app

U2 > News > Invisible - free for (RED)
The band have given a new track, 'Invisible', to (RED) for a free download on iTunes next week - for 24 hours only.

The song, produced by Danger Mouse and mixed by Tom Elmhirst, launches a partnership with (RED) and Bank of America to fight AIDS.

Every time the track is downloaded, anywhere in the world, a $1 donation will be made to (RED) by Bank of America - up to a total of $2m. All the funds will go to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.

'Invisible' will be available on iTunes for 24hours from Feb 2nd - 'Super Bowl Sunday'. A commercial during the Super Bowl will feature the band performing the track, from a forthcoming video directed by Mark Romanek.

Since Bono and Bobby Shriver founded (RED) in 2006, to engage business in the fight against AIDS, it's generated more than $240 million for the Global Fund. (RED) and its partners – from Bank of America, to Starbucks, Apple and others – are working to end mother-to-child transmission of the deadly HIV virus by 2015, in line with the UN Millennium Development Goals.

Video of Bono & Brian Moynihan discussed about the donation: http://www.cnbc.com/id/101358699

I understand enough Portuguese to see that "according to a journalist" U2 will be playing at the World Cup opening on 11 June. However, that's no confirmation. An official confirmation has to be made by U2 or reliable media sources. There are so many rumors flying around, I would just be very careful with believing anything.

Really, in fact is a rumor. The media is "spraying", too, Beyonce and Paul McCartney. Today is revealed that Jlo with Pitbull and brazilian Claudia Leite will record the official song of the World Cup, called "We are one" - http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/copa-do-mundo/noticia/2014/01/fifa-confirma-pitbull-claudia-leitte-e-jlo-irao-interpretar-musica-do-mundial.html. I don't believe U2 will play here in Rio this time. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom