PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent article. I loved reading Paul's insights into the band~especially their early days. The music business including promotion and touring has changed so much since they first started.

Thank you for posting.

There's no way they'd be on the Tonight Show in February with an album out in June. :up:

Is it too soon to start fantasizing about a full week? Ala Letterman? I know Justin Timberlake did a full week with Jimmy Fallon....:hmm: What better way to kick off his first week as host of the legendary Tonight Show than with a FULL WEEK of U2 to celebrate their new album release? (Hopefully out that same week??? :pray: )

All this NOT knowing is worse than knowing! :crack: C'mon guys, WE WANT NEWS!

Where does it say anything about U2 touring this year? :hmm:

And yes, great news about the Tonight show. If it says "U2", the whole band might be there to perform. Don't think it will be about "Invisible", though, the single should be out by February.

And yes, great news about the Tonight show. If it says "U2", the whole band might be there to perform. Don't think it will be about "Invisible", though, the single should be out by February.

U2 is booked as the musical guest. That guarantees at least ONE performance. Seeing as how Will Smith is the only other booked guest, I'm gonna wager an interview with the entire band as well as one performance and possibly a taped skit/bit as Fallon has said he is going to continue those on the Tonight Show.

:applaud:

Where does it say anything about U2 touring this year? :hmm:

It doesn't, but hasn't that been the assumption for ages now? Unless the album is delayed to fall (WHICH IS WON'T BE, THANK YOU), there's no reason to think the tour won't start this year.

Just saw this in Twitter:

@U2comZooMods

Good morning everyone! Make sure that passport is valid, you have enough time to renew :)

Hmm, I wonder if they know something. The renewal-tweets and forum messages are getting more.

They've been tweeting this in various languages.

Personally, I don't have any interest in joining U2.com. So far, I have never regretted not being part of the community. I've been to every concert I wanted to see and got every ticket I tried to buy. Apart from the lousy organization (which may change now with new management ..... hopefully) and lame "exclusives" I don't hear much positive feedback for the site.
I have no connections to any of the forum mods over there, I just follow some U2 fans on twitter because it's, for me, the fastest way to get news.

They've been tweeting this in various languages.

Personally, I don't have any interest in joining U2.com. So far, I have never regretted not being part of the community. I've been to every concert I wanted to see and got every ticket I tried to buy. Apart from the lousy organization (which may change now with new management ..... hopefully) and lame "exclusives" I don't hear much positive feedback for the site.
I have no connections to any of the forum mods over there, I just follow some U2 fans on twitter because it's, for me, the fastest way to get news.

Same.

I have never bought a U2.com membership, and I've attended the last two tours. Hubby & I bought tickets via a resale site for Vertigo due to having to change shows (we originally planned for Cleveland and then I found out I was expecting our firstborn, and I was due right around the show) and go to Pittsburgh. On 360, we bought tickets for Tampa, E Lansing, and then Pittsburgh all through Ticketmaster vendors. FYE for Tampa, a local grocery chain for E Lansing and Pittsburgh. Keep in mind that only Pittsburgh was bought day-of-sale due to financial constraints. Yeah we got upper deck seats but it's better than NOT going.

I am sure that I am better off saving $50 for a tshirt than wasting it on a membership. And as for "community" well there is nothing better than here. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom