PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It means Paul will be the 'Chairman' but not actively attending the day to day management.

And perhaps McGuinness isn't physically up to running the day-to-day business any longer.

Judging by the failures at U2.COM and some of the lack of imagination, it could be a good thing?

But the fact that they are selling off to a company like Live Nation… sounds VERY suspect. I think it might be an agreement that they later regret.

Now, this is quite surprising:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/13/b...-near-deal-for-management-companies.html?_r=1

Does it mean that Paul won't be U2's manager anymore? I cannot even imagine them without him.

sounds like Madonna's manager will be managing U2, but Paul McGuinness is quoted as saying he can't think of anyone better to do the job...

eek though

It's official, I thought U2 sold out years ago but this is the icing on the cake.

selling out to LIVE NATION? I suspect this is the beginning of the final end for u2.

very disappointed.

Yes, because U2 haven't been tied closely to Live Nation before and because U2 IS Principal Management. U2 is owned by U2. I'm tired of people yelling "sell outs" as if U2 have ever been a small indie band who's not interested in being commercially successful. Maybe some fans are simply fans of the wrong band?

Yeah, I'm with you Silvia! I've never really understood what people mean by "sold out"!? Espcially when it comes to U2's partnership with Live Nation, who they've been with since 2008!?! U2 have always wanted to be the biggest rock band in the world and they are! And in order for them to bring us huge productions like their 360 tour they need partners who have a big organization and logestics with deep pockets to help them achieve their goals. And anyone who doesn't understand these simple facts is naive!!

Haters gonna hate.

I agree with you both. Sell-out? BS. Plus isn't Paul allowed to semi retire? Puh-lease. Business is business and music is music. Nothing changes in terms of either I expect. I'm personally just delighted that we have new music coming.

Yes, because U2 haven't been tied closely to Live Nation before and because U2 IS Principal Management. U2 is owned by U2. I'm tired of people yelling "sell outs" as if U2 have ever been a small indie band who's not interested in being commercially successful. Maybe some fans are simply fans of the wrong band?

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom