PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 IN THE STUDIO recording .... MAKING FAKE TWITTER ACCOUNTS WITH OUTDATED PHOTO'S ..

Well I wouldn't advise you to go to Dublin if your only goal is meeting them. That chance is rather small, you're better off stalking when they're on tour.

I lived in Dublin for 9 years and never met them there! (Other then seeing Bono, Edge and their kids once in a restaurant...) I did meet Bono in New York on Vertigo...I think they are more willing to be seen out and about on tour and enjoy their time off away from the fans.

Well I wouldn't advise you to go to Dublin if your only goal is meeting them. That chance is rather small, you're better off stalking when they're on tour.

In fact, I wasn't there to stalk them! First time I went to Dublin was august 2005, and I knew that they were in Eze!

I've been in Dublin 5 times, but most of all because I love the city... but when I last expected it, it just met them at the Octagon... it was just luck, or being at the right place, right time...

For those who are in Paris, you could see Bono on wednesday at the Palais de L'elysée! He's coming for a meeting with new president Hollande and bill Gates. Last time he came in 2010, although there were a lot people, he came to say hello and i was able to touch his hand!

I've been in Dublin 5 times, but most of all because I love the city... but when I last expected it, it just met them at the Octagon... it was just luck, or being at the right place, right time...

You're just damn lucky! :lol: I've been there three times now, once when they were touring. Never gotten to see even a sigh of their presence(asides onstage of course). But it's a great city so I enjoyed myself either way. :D

THAT other guy is one of Germany's best known and most popular singers. He's had a carreer for some decades now and his live shows are amazing. He has a very characteristic singing style that many people love and others hate.

Personally, I love his music, but only in German, he's a great lyricist. Not good in English, however. I don't know why he decided to record an English album.

Oh, I'm sure he is well loved in his native country. He just pales beside Bono's vocals. I don't think it marries well together which makes his unique style stand out a bit more.

Not sure if this is off-topic or not, but there's a short interview with Eve Hewson in the current Rolling Stone issue (with Taylor Swift on the cover).

Sure, I have the article right here.

Basically, it's about how she's starring in This Must Be The Place with Sean Penn.

-"I feel like I should be constantly defending me, like I'm my own person."
-Mentions that she lives in NY and is graduating from NYU at the end of year, and possibly moving to L.A. later.
-Normal-ish upbringing, but she gets to meet a lot of famous people
-Greatest moment of her life - meeting Beyonce
-In a band in elementary school
-Bono didn't want her to be an actor (or be famous? IDK)

About Penn's character: "Everyone says, 'Oh, so it's your dad,' but it's so not. My dad wishes he was brave enough to wear red lipstick."

Cute picture too, I'm sure there's a scan floating around somewhere.

That pic of him in guyliner where you can see his gray metallic eye shadow .... that's got CoverGirl written all over it.

Easy
Breezy
Beautiful
Bono

I have no idea what is going on in that picture. The description is no help!

Bono and Michael Jackson are embarking on an immortal world tour of a Cirque du Soleil production? What?

Back
Top Bottom